Both players have been reasonably tight, but only been at the table for around 35 hands.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP3 ($25.60)CO ($9.85)Button ($11)SB ($14.25)Hero (BB) ($10.95)UTG ($9.10)UTG+1 ($5.95)MP1 ($15.95)MP2 ($17.80)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :ts, A :club:5 folds, CO bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 2 foldsTotal pot: $1.25 | Rake: $0Should this reraise have been smaller? Sorry for all the threads, I'm relatively new to cash games and really want to improve my game :4h

Both players have been reasonably tight, but only been at the table for around 35 hands.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP3 ($25.60)CO ($9.85)Button ($11)SB ($14.25)Hero (BB) ($10.95)UTG ($9.10)UTG+1 ($5.95)MP1 ($15.95)MP2 ($17.80)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :ts, A :club:5 folds, CO bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 2 foldsTotal pot: $1.25 | Rake: $0Should this reraise have been smaller? Sorry for all the threads, I'm relatively new to cash games and really want to improve my game :4h
Meh. It's just over a pot bet. I probably would have just made it pot, to bring up a obscure number just under the 2 dollar threshold to get a call. there's something to be said about avoiding taking this flop 3 handed though, ya know. At a .10 BB, a 2 buck bet defintely sets the bar high for the rest of the hand, pretty much shoving out any tight-ish speculator of any kind.

I think there is nothing wrong with the raise. At that level, all kinds of players call larger bets.

I think there is nothing wrong with the raise. At that level, all kinds of players call larger bets.

I make it $1.60 pre-flop, and as a general rule I use the same raising formula no matter the hand I choose to raise. I will raise 3x the BB and add 1 BB for every limper, or in this case 3x the original raise plus 1 with the limper. So a $0.40 raise that is called once I bring up to $1.60 and if villians raise was $0.30 with 1 limper I would have made it $1.20. I hope this makes sense, but basically you want to keep your raises the same regardless of what you are raising so opponents don't know whether you have 77 or AA. Any thoughts on this would be welcome as I'm sure it's possibly not optimal strategy. Good Luck at the tables! :club:

I agree with this...
....but I like this advice better.
Meh. It's just over a pot bet. I probably would have just made it pot, to bring up a obscure number just under the 2 dollar threshold to get a call. there's something to be said about avoiding taking this flop 3 handed though, ya know. At a .10 BB, a 2 buck bet defintely sets the bar high for the rest of the hand, pretty much shoving out any tight-ish speculator of any kind.
I'm doing this a lot lately playing PLO and seem to get paid off a lot more. If pot was $5, I'd bet something like $4.83 and seem to get paid a lot more than if I made the full $5 bet.