What's Your Least Favorite Phrase, Word Or Reference In Poker?

When there's a flop like A A X----some douchebag at the table always has to say "Guess I shouldn't have folded my pocket aces."I wanna backhand them upside their head!!! :club: HOF

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NH and GG annoy me because usually its me saying "Nh" when ive lost a monster pot and "GG" when ive been knocked out of an MTT. I prob shuda clarified that, lolz

NH and GG annoy me because usually its me saying "Nh" when ive lost a monster pot and "GG" when ive been knocked out of an MTT. I prob shuda clarified that, lolz
i hate it when the donkeys talk shit to the good players....
When there's a flop like A A X----some douchebag at the table always has to say "Guess I shouldn't have folded my pocket aces."I wanna backhand them upside their head!!! :club: HOF
I still don't know what HOF means.LFTBut I usually bust out that joke when the flop is AAA
i hate it when the donkeys talk shit to the good players....
Lolz yeah that always happens. I mean this one guy would not shut up for like an hour cause I called a min raise sitting in the BB preflop getting like 10 to 1 odds with T3o. I flop two pair on a T 3 6 board, we get it all in and he shows aces, "You U CALLED A RAISE WITH T3!!!!!! YOU ARE DISGUSTING!!!! JOKERSTARS AAARRRR!!!!! etc etc."I looked up his stats on pokerdb, He had like 120 games on stars with one cash, loooooolz
I prob shuda clarified that, lolz
I looked up his stats on pokerdb, He had like 120 games on stars with one cash, loooooolz
no offense, but any variation of these
JOKERSTARS AAARRRR!!!!!
This combined with any combination of "this site is rigged." or "I shouldn't be surprised, they should just ban all these sites anyway." It's quite funny though when it happens after you have flopped an oesfd in a limped pot.....call min bets to the river....hit....only to find out the villain started with kings. Then he calls your crazy over shove on the river. And as for live play sayings....."I think you have the <card that beats them>........but.........." used to make me crazy.
no offense, but any variation of these
i am extremely offended. I challenge you to an HU race, first player to get 32,000 wins is the overall winner.If you do not accept my challenge I will make another thread.
i am extremely offended. I challenge you to an HU race, first player to get 32,000 wins is the overall winner.If you do not accept my challenge I will make another thread.
You have 888 posts. You should probably stop there because it's a lucky number.
You have 888 posts. You should probably stop there because it's a lucky number.
+1EDIT: Seriously though wouldn't "lol" have been a much friendlier reply?
'heads up over a decent sample size for non-damaging portions of rolls.'
i can see why you hate that, it doesn't even roll off the tongue nicely.

Ah yes............"HU 4 ROLLZ"I just pictured myself seeing that on a license plate and then smashing the windows of said vehicle.

Without a doubt it's when playing live poker and your standard 35-50 year old donk uses all the stupid ass card nicknames constantly.Cowboys is probably the worse. Then Ladies, and god, if they say Bitches, auto tag them as a fucking moron. Rockets, Big Slick, Hooks or Fishhooks. So annoying!!Usually it's as they're turning the cards over to showdown their hand, or telling you a story about some other hand or bad beat. God, it just goes on all day long. I know someone mentioned it already, but I had to reiterate. Also, same with the 2nd worst one... which is mistaking set and trips, some people say set no matter what, some say trips no matter what. Ugh.

Without a doubt it's when playing live poker and your standard 35-50 year old donk uses all the stupid ass card nicknames constantly.Cowboys is probably the worse. Then Ladies, and god, if they say Bitches, auto tag them as a fucking moron. Rockets, Big Slick, Hooks or Fishhooks. So annoying!!Usually it's as they're turning the cards over to showdown their hand, or telling you a story about some other hand or bad beat. God, it just goes on all day long. I know someone mentioned it already, but I had to reiterate. Also, same with the 2nd worst one... which is mistaking set and trips, some people say set no matter what, some say trips no matter what. Ugh.
FWIW, I'm a guilty party of using 'set' and 'trips' synonomously. It's funny, because i know the difference, i just don't care. :club: I suppose we are sworn enemies now :ts God if I find pics of you on here somewhere, I'm gonna show up to the shoe someday unbeknownst to you and just use these phrases nonstop, in an effort to see you posting about me on here. That would actually be really funny. (mental to do list....tilt suited live whilst incognito)
People saying "ty" when you make a call or push with a worse hand. There is not much that people can say in chat that tilts me, but this one does.
Anytime somebody tries to relate poker to an outside scenario."OMG the best way to get this chick is go play TAG and like omg go allin because shes playing 88/14/0 so shes passive so you have to like, checkraise your dick in to her and OMG LAWL!"
lol, who the fuck talks like that?
One time on a stars SnG me and this other guy just started randomly saying any hand nicknames in the chat box, it was really funny for some reason but it does usually annoy me, lol.Oh, AND when you shove allin pre/post-flop...whenever....and suck out on a better hand that called you and they say 'nice call' When i see that I usually like to type in 'I believe he/I did no calling whatsoever'And when people show you their losing hand like 'oh, look how unlucky I got' or they show after you river a flush/straight and are like 'I just wanted to show you that you got lucky on the river' Like....Gee, really? Cause I thought my Q high was good the whole time....Favorite one like that went like this....Raised AQo preflop, got 1 caller. JTx flop with 2 spades came. I bet, he called. Turn was another brick, I fired again he called. River was the As, I checked fearing spades/KQ/Aces up....w/e he checks behind, and shows his KK and types in 'nice river DONK'I loled at that one for a while
One time on a stars SnG me and this other guy just started randomly saying any hand nicknames in the chat box, it was really funny for some reason but it does usually annoy me, lol.Oh, AND when you shove allin pre/post-flop...whenever....and suck out on a better hand that called you and they say 'nice call' When i see that I usually like to type in 'I believe he/I did no calling whatsoever'And when people show you their losing hand like 'oh, look how unlucky I got' or they show after you river a flush/straight and are like 'I just wanted to show you that you got lucky on the river' Like....Gee, really? Cause I thought my Q high was good the whole time....Favorite one like that went like this....Raised AQo preflop, got 1 caller. JTx flop with 2 spades came. I bet, he called. Turn was another brick, I fired again he called. River was the As, I checked fearing spades/KQ/Aces up....w/e he checks behind, and shows his KK and types in 'nice river DONK'I loled at that one for a while
Which brings me back full circle.....the guy understands 'donk' but doesn't understand the way you played/controlled that hand, and ended up spiking a river because he at no point took the reigns on the hand himself. But since he doesn't get that, all he can forumlate is "donk".
Without a doubt it's when playing live poker and your standard 35-50 year old donk uses all the stupid ass card nicknames constantly.Cowboys is probably the worse. Then Ladies, and god, if they say Bitches, auto tag them as a fucking moron. Rockets, Big Slick, Hooks or Fishhooks. So annoying!!Usually it's as they're turning the cards over to showdown their hand, or telling you a story about some other hand or bad beat. God, it just goes on all day long.
This!! There's a guy where I play who does this annoying crap all the time. Not exactly sure why, but I call it the "Greg Raymer."