What's Your Least Favorite Phrase, Word Or Reference In Poker?

Mine is undoubtably the term "donk", or "fish".I've grown to kinda like the variations like "donkaments", etc.I think it's because they actually have a higher level of thought, by people openly admitting that a certain tourney is just ripe for bad play.I think I hate these terms so much, because ever since I started playing online a good 4-5 years ago, it seems like people learn the term donk before they learn about anything by way of hand analysis. I speak from experience. I know for fact that I knew what a donkey or a fish was before I knew what fold equity, pot odds or expected value was. So in theory you think I'd laugh if/when anyone ever calls me/someone a fish or donk, but for some reason that annoys me more than anything else!!!!!!Anyone else have a "poker standard" thing that just gets under your skin?
"I'm gonna put you all in."Referring to 3 of a kind with 2 on the board as a "set."
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying "ty" when you make a call or push with a worse hand. There is not much that people can say in chat that tilts me, but this one does.
people saying "nh" to the guy who stacked off A2 v AQ and caught a Q22 flop.

watching Daniels HU match yesterday and Charder was chatting away and mention HOF to DN and DN did not know what HOF was lol."donk" for sure and "sick"

people saying "nh" to the guy who stacked off A2 v AQ and caught a Q22 flop.
I usually reply (after losing) with, "Thanks, too bad my hand didn't hold up"."ty" after someone wins the hand is pretty annoying too."Sick" when something is standard is another one.
hof is getting pretty annoying for surehof
D
lurbz, you're wronghof
I
hof
E
meh sick is just extremely common word and is actually quite a cool word to use, sorta like unrealhof
!

me (23:44:36): hoffargo (23:44:41): azhcvfargo (23:44:43): SAY IT AGAINfargo (23:44:45): I DARE YOUme (23:44:47): hoffargo signed off at 23:44:50.fargo is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

Anytime somebody tries to relate poker to an outside scenario."OMG the best way to get this chick is go play TAG and like omg go allin because shes playing 88/14/0 so shes passive so you have to like, checkraise your dick in to her and OMG LAWL!"

me (23:44:36): hoffargo (23:44:41): azhcvfargo (23:44:43): SAY IT AGAINfargo (23:44:45): I DARE YOUme (23:44:47): hoffargo signed off at 23:44:50.fargo is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.
You are unblocked this time.
Anytime somebody tries to relate poker to an outside scenario."OMG the best way to get this chick is go play TAG and like omg go allin because shes playing 88/14/0 so shes passive so you have to like, checkraise your dick in to her and OMG LAWL!"
Im sorry you know people like this.
hof brag

It only really tilts the hell out of me when the supernova nit at the table loses the one hand he plays an orbit and then busts out his cap locks key to let all the profit on the table know how terrible they are and unwelcome in his presence.Nothing worse in poker.

Me (6:33:09 PM): hiFargo (6:33:57 PM): hiMe (6:34:08 PM): lol @ you blocking philMe (6:34:15 PM): that's pretty hofFargo signed off at 6:34:31 PM.Fargo is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

People saying "ty" when you make a call or push with a worse hand. There is not much that people can say in chat that tilts me, but this one does.
I Agree, this tilts me more than anything when playing online
"I'm gonna put you all in."Referring to 3 of a kind with 2 on the board as a "set."
both. I also dislike "ul"probably because I thought it meant u lose for quite a while and was wondering why all these people were mocking me.