What's Your Least Favorite Phrase, Word Or Reference In Poker?

Mine is undoubtably the term "donk", or "fish".I've grown to kinda like the variations like "donkaments", etc.I think it's because they actually have a higher level of thought, by people openly admitting that a certain tourney is just ripe for bad play.I think I hate these terms so much, because ever since I started playing online a good 4-5 years ago, it seems like people learn the term donk before they learn about anything by way of hand analysis. I speak from experience. I know for fact that I knew what a donkey or a fish was before I knew what fold equity, pot odds or expected value was. So in theory you think I'd laugh if/when anyone ever calls me/someone a fish or donk, but for some reason that annoys me more than anything else!!!!!!Anyone else have a "poker standard" thing that just gets under your skin?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really annoys me to see someone say a set like this...'I floped 999'like really? Im gonna start saying thing like this..."I hit AA993 on the river" or"I had 45678"edit- and whats HOF? Hall of Fame is the only thing that comes to mind but that really doesn't make sense...

It really annoys me to see someone say a set like this...'I floped 999'like really? Im gonna start saying thing like this..."I hit AA993 on the river" or"I had 45678"edit- and whats HOF? Hall of Fame is the only thing that comes to mind but that really doesn't make sense...
im not quite sure but i infer that its either HOLD - > HOLF - > HOF in a series of typos, or a Jay-Z Hov reference.
haha, who says that? Do you mean people actually say 999 live, or strictly online? Either way, yeah I agree it's pretty stupid.Not really a fan of pocket card nicknames. "Big Slick", "Cowboys" etc. I don't mind "Bullets", but other than that, don't particularly like the others.

I hate when people say that they "can hold my own against any player in the world"and the whole zig zag stuff and when people say that something won the internet.I guess I don't care much since I don't play much poker.

I've got a few that I hate: "That's poker"; Basically anyone who says a statement like a question "But I had the Q"; Anything with ments attached to it, it is NOT funny in ANYWAY!; "But <enter well known poker player> does it"; "I can play against <enter well known poker player> anyday"; Phil Hellmuth.