Post Flop Coinflips For Tournament Life

Silly question that I think I know the answer to, but am curious if I am way off base.Was playing in a live tournament last night and there was a MP raise and I was the only caller from the BB with Th Jh of hearts making it HU.Flop was about as beautiful as you could hope for with that type of hand, Qh 9h 7c.I checked and guy bet 3/4's pot and I raised 3x his bet and he insta pushes for like 15x more.I go into the tank and in this game they allow you to show your cards if you are heads up. The guy apparently started getting nervous and did one of the craziest things I've ever seen. He goes 'I got pocket Aces, just lay it down'. At this point I know (if he is telling the truth) I am pretty much 50% ish to win and I've already got some investment in the pot so it is mathematically correct for me to make the call. Another 30 seconds or so go by and he actually flashes his pocket Aces and he even has the A of hearts.We are no where near money and I guess it just comes down to 'do you want to gamble' at this point or wait for a better spot to get your money in as more of a favorite. If I fold I still got about 18BB or I can gamble and be chip leader or close to it.Guess I'm just throwing out a general WWYD?

It's tough to calculate (I can give the math if you want), but it seems to me that you're getting about 1.2:1 or better to call (assuming even starting stacks) and you're a 52.6% favorite (according to twodimes). So definitely a +EV call, but I guess it depends if you feel you're better than most of the field. If you are, then I guess you can find a fold, but an 18BB stack can get small pretty fast, so you might never get a better spot. Call, bink the 8h :club:

It's tough to calculate (I can give the math if you want), but it seems to me that you're getting about 1.2:1 or better to call (assuming even starting stacks) and you're a 52.6% favorite (according to twodimes). So definitely a +EV call, but I guess it depends if you feel you're better than most of the field. If you are, then I guess you can find a fold, but an 18BB stack can get small pretty fast, so you might never get a better spot. Call, bink the 8h :club:
yeah, it was a pretty silly thread to start cause this is exactly what conclusion I came up with on my own. Math says call, you are at worse even money and since you already have money invested it is a call you SHOULD make, but it pretty much depends if you feel like gambling or think you can get your money in better down the road.In this tournament you only start with 40BB so 18BB is still a decent stack.
yeah, it was a pretty silly thread to start cause this is exactly what conclusion I came up with on my own. Math says call, you are at worse even money and since you already have money invested it is a call you SHOULD make, but it pretty much depends if you feel like gambling or think you can get your money in better down the road.In this tournament you only start with 40BB so 18BB is still a decent stack.
How quick to blinds raise? If you're only 40BB deep to start, then I think you should be looking for flips not just postflop like this, but preflop, at least after the first level or two. Even though you still have a 1/2 average stack or so, this probably makes it more of a call. Unless, of course other people are pushing really light because they have small stacks too perhaps?

Nice of him to let you know that only one of your outs is missing.I'm with most though, depends on the blind speed, field quality, etc. Generally I'm gonna make the call here though. Nice to have a big stack, and it also tells people that you will use your chips, so leave em alone.

definitely call. I'd consider folding if it was a good structure and I'd be leaving myself 50+ bbs.I'm a little unclear how there was a bet, a raise, and a shove that was '15x' your raise, and you are only 18 bbs deep? even if he minbet, you minraised, and he shoved, the shove would only be ~10x your raise (effective stacks)

you should have shoved over his first bet at the pot then you would be 52% AND have FE giving you the edge you need, but you know that already