Pierre Mcguire Up For Wild Gm Job

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Before he got on TV, he was one of my favourites to listen to on the radio. Very well spoken, good information and knew when to use the "I use to coach this guy/that guy" experience tidbits.Now the message is being diluted by the screaming and yelling, and MONSTER crap.
he was just on "Off the Record" on TSN.excellent interview, and he was calm and soft spoken, just delivering the information without the exaggeration.

I used to hate Pierre as much as the next guy, but I don't know, I don't mind him any more. The Emergence of Darren Pang has certainly made me 'appreciate' Pierre a little more.

You don't like Pang?
No, can't stand him. I feel like he's trying to emulate Mcguirre, but is only getting the bad bits. He doesn't have Mcguirre's hockey knowledge.
No, can't stand him. I feel like he's trying to emulate Mcguirre, but is only getting the bad bits. He doesn't have Mcguirre's hockey knowledge.
I love Panger. Maybe I'm biased because he was all I watched for a few years when ESPN still had hockey. I would say you're in the tiny minority on this one, Wade.
After listening to him do color last night I can honestly say I didn't mind him all that much. I guess the NBC between the glass Mcguire is the douchebag.
I am defnitely not a Pierre McGuire fan.I just find he gets too excited with his calls for no reason. It's okay once in a while but when he gets excited over every little thing it really bothers me. Plus I am not a fan of Monster every 3rd word out of this mouth. As far as Pang I would definitely prefer him over Mcguire. Some other horrible commentators/announcers in my mind Kelly Hrudey, Mike Milbury, John Ferguson, and Glenn Healy (Mr Negative). Just off the top of my head.I especially like TSN bringing in Ferguson and Milbury for Trade Deadline day to analyze deals when they could be the 2 worst GM's in the history of the NHL.

My wife hates Emmerick (sp?) because he uses certain words all the time and he uses them incorrectly. I think she actually did or plans to send and email to NBC pointing that out.

I agree with you on Glenn Healy, and his relentless negativity.But I'll fight you to the death about Kelly Hrudey. First of all, he's neither an announcer or colour analyst, he's a studio guy. Secondly, he's the tits. :)I also hate whoever the ****** was that called the Oilers goal when Patrik Stefan blew the open net shot. He's full of negativity, and I hate that shit,

I also hate whoever the ****** was that called the Oilers goal when Patrik Stefan blew the open net shot. He's full of negativity, and I hate that shit,
yeah, immediately ripping into him. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. THIS DOESN'T BELONG IN HOCKEY. etc.retarded overreaction, and like gruven said, roughly the opposite reaction any player/coach would have...
I especially like TSN bringing in Ferguson and Milbury for Trade Deadline day to analyze deals when they could be the 2 worst GM's in the history of the NHL.
I think by having such "quality" GMs you are more likely to have a dissenting opinion, ie: more interesting TV.
But I'll fight you to the death about Kelly Hrudey. First of all, he's neither an announcer or colour analyst, he's a studio guy. Secondly, he's the tits. :club:
When he first started he annoyed me but now I have to say I loooooove Kelly. Could be my favorite of all studio and announcer people now that i think about it.

I love this topic, always seems to come up here, and I have my share of opinions on it.Hrudey: Love him. Got some man-crush for this guy. To me, very informative, knowledgable and frankly, just a guy I want to listen to talk. He really loves the game, and that comes across. And he is very positive, and has his priorities straight.Pang: Was once a huge favourite. Then, he became the PHX colour guy, and I noticed how he suddenly became a homer for these telecasts. I abhor homerism, and he was as guilty as anyone. Watch 20 Phx games a year, and you'll almost be ready to believe they are Stanley Cup contenders. He just overdoes it, tries way too hard to sell the game by selling the Coyotes. I realize thats what he has to do, but as someone who knows Martin Hanzal is good but not the next Lecavalier, its a little hard to stomach. That said, love him anytime he's away from the Coyote Ugly.Patrik Stefan was a sad case for me. I feel bad for what happened to that guy and how quickly his career ended.Funny note: When my son was like a few months old, I got him to point at the name of a hockey player in my pool magazine and pick a name for me to go after.......he chose Stefan. I took Stefan EVERY year in my main rotiss auction pool, often paying way too much. Oops.

I agree with you on Glenn Healy, and his relentless negativity.But I'll fight you to the death about Kelly Hrudey. First of all, he's neither an announcer or colour analyst, he's a studio guy. Secondly, he's the tits. :)I also hate whoever the ****** was that called the Oilers goal when Patrik Stefan blew the open net shot. He's full of negativity, and I hate that shit,
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Glenn healey was the worst colour guy. ever.Kelly Hrudey is great. Also a really nice guy, he used to golf at a course in Calgary that I worked at, he was really friendly to the staff, which is more than I can say of most of the snobs that golfed there.Maybe I've been unfairly harsh to the panger, but I've found him annoying. I generally don't like it when Colour guys are too 'noticeable'. Craig Simpson is the best, IMO.
I love this topic, always seems to come up here, and I have my share of opinions on it.Hrudey: Love him. Got some man-crush for this guy. To me, very informative, knowledgable and frankly, just a guy I want to listen to talk. He really loves the game, and that comes across. And he is very positive, and has his priorities straight.Pang: Was once a huge favourite. Then, he became the PHX colour guy, and I noticed how he suddenly became a homer for these telecasts. I abhor homerism, and he was as guilty as anyone. Watch 20 Phx games a year, and you'll almost be ready to believe they are Stanley Cup contenders. He just overdoes it, tries way too hard to sell the game by selling the Coyotes. I realize thats what he has to do, but as someone who knows Martin Hanzal is good but not the next Lecavalier, its a little hard to stomach. That said, love him anytime he's away from the Coyote Ugly.Patrik Stefan was a sad case for me. I feel bad for what happened to that guy and how quickly his career ended.Funny note: When my son was like a few months old, I got him to point at the name of a hockey player in my pool magazine and pick a name for me to go after.......he chose Stefan. I took Stefan EVERY year in my main rotiss auction pool, often paying way too much. Oops.
Somehow I didn't know you had a son.Glad to hear you slipped one past the goalie.

I Love Hrudey. Hughson and Cuthbert are tied for the best play by play guys. Healey is an *******, so is Ferraro. I like Crawfords analysis, but I can understand if people find him too Canucj friendly. How can anyone hate Hrudey?

I Love Hrudey. Hughson and Cuthbert are tied for the best play by play guys. Healey is an *******, so is Ferraro. I like Crawfords analysis, but I can understand if people find him too Canucj friendly. How can anyone hate Hrudey?
I don't hate him, but I usually don't watch him. He just doesn't do it for me for some reason.
I Love Hrudey. How can anyone hate Hrudey?
It's weird but every single time I see Hrudey on TV, I think of a time where he ducked when Al MacInnis was winding up for a slap shot.