Pierre Mcguire Up For Wild Gm Job

my friend the wild fan will commit suicide if this happensto preempt anyone, I am not sure how he made it through 98-03 without doing so already

Other guys with LEAF tie ins up for the job:Chuck Fletcher, son of legendary GM CliffPat Quinn....Legendary toronto figureAlso JFJ was turned down for an interview..LOL

Other guys with LEAF tie ins up for the job:Chuck Fletcher, son of legendary GM CliffPat Quinn....Legendary toronto figureAlso JFJ was turned down for an interview..LOL
Serge just praised a Penguin.
I enjoy Pierre, but I guess I'm in the clear minority there.
I am with you...He is entertaining.

Hate him, think it's absolutely gross whenever I see him on the telecasts over here in the States, just the way he approaches the game and talks about it kills me. Pisses me off, and makes me think he's an idiot. But Canada sees more of him, so I'm betting a lot of guys would want to hang him. I just know the trade day coverage with him made me want to turn it off and vomit.

Hate him, think it's absolutely gross whenever I see him on the telecasts over here in the States, just the way he approaches the game and talks about it kills me. Pisses me off, and makes me think he's an idiot. But Canada sees more of him, so I'm betting a lot of guys would want to hang him. I just know the trade day coverage with him made me want to turn it off and vomit.
but dont you think he is more knowledgeable than the average american homer broadcaster?
but dont you think he is more knowledgeable than the average american homer broadcaster?
Larry Murphy is our homer broadcaster between the glass and he is much more knowledgeable and much better at not sounding like a complete douchebag imo.
Well it's tough, I don't get to see a whole lot of every American broadcaster but these are the guys I see/hear from the most:Florida guys: Yeah he's better than these, Denis Potvin makes me cringe.Boston: Nah, and I mean Jack Edwards is the absolute epitome of homer broadcaster, but he's very smart about it (astonishingly so) and has the best color guy in America I think (Andy Brickley).Phoenix: See these guys a lot, basically because they're the late games and I like watching Phoenix. Darren Pang is my second favorite color guy, and possibly most liked pure "hockey" guy, he's witty and funny and doesn't dumb down the game, points out things that I don't always see off the bat. San Jose: These guys are gold, they're very good at what they do. (And I think they're award winning?) So don't think Pierre could take these guys.I would say that's like 80% of the games I watch over the season come from these teams. Pierre is knowledgeable, certainly, but so is Milbury and a slew of other guys who seem bitter that the game has passed them by.
I think he's pretty insufferably shite on TV but he's pretty good on radio (team 1200).

Pierre ftw.It'll get him off TV, give Panger more time (hopefully), and shuttle him off to the Western Conference on a Wild team that I mercifully won't hear much, if anything, from.

I used to hate him, but now I love him. He is really good on the radio as well. He doesn't seem to come off well on NBC.
The guy is pretty smart and offers some pretty good insight. It just seems on TV he tries to hard to be "amped up".
It just seems on TV he tries to hard to be "amped up".
yeah, this is what immediately made me dislike the guy. this is unrelated but still pretty funny imo:
The guy is pretty smart and offers some pretty good insight. It just seems on TV he tries to hard to be "amped up".
This is EXACTLY how I feel. Before he got on TV, he was one of my favourites to listen to on the radio. Very well spoken, good information and knew when to use the "I use to coach this guy/that guy" experience tidbits.Now the message is being diluted by the screaming and yelling, and MONSTER crap.