Baseball Cards

What determines the value of a card is scarcity, player, brand & whether it is a memorabilia and/or RC.
dont forget artificiality. this is all an artificial market which is why it collapsed. at the end of the day, baseball cards are little pieces of cardboard with pictures on them.I remember when I was young, I found a special Shaq card from some specialty set. I was excited and told my dad it was worth 100 bucks. He looked at me (in an amused way) and said "son, that card is worth what someone is willing to pay for it." That was a life lesson right there. i am sure that Shaq card is worth nothing now.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Michael Jordan Fleer rookie stashed away (mint condition). That still has to be worth a lot right? I actually have a few great RCs from that set (since it was the first set in a bit and contained lots of rookies). I know I have a Hakeem RC and a Barkley RC from that set. I might have John Stockton too.anyone got a price guide handy?

I have a Michael Jordan Fleer rookie stashed away (mint condition). That still has to be worth a lot right? I actually have a few great RCs from that set (since it was the first set in a bit and contained lots of rookies). I know I have a Hakeem RC and a Barkley RC from that set. I might have John Stockton too.anyone got a price guide handy?
I highly recommend having it professionally graded if it is in such great shape. It increases the value of the card... which the last time I checked was about 1k.The Hakeem is probably about 2-3 hundred, Barkley about 100$. Jordan will ALWAYS be in high demand, especially that card.
God, I had the chance to get that MJ rookie card for 25 bucks before b-ball cards were worth anything, but My pops wouldn't let me get it, because he didn't think b-ball cards would ever be worth anything. Good read dad. I probably got some ****ing will clark card or something.
Anybody that didn't have at least one of these styles of hats should be stoned in the town square.
I had that hat in Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Kings
I consider baseball cards my intro into gambling. There was always that amazing feeling of opening a new pack and searching for a valuable card.
I feel the same way, although there was much more compulsion towards collecting cards, maybe just because I was younger
I remember when I was young, I found a special Shaq card from some specialty set. I was excited and told my dad it was worth 100 bucks. He looked at me (in an amused way) and said "son, that card is worth what someone is willing to pay for it." That was a life lesson right there. i am sure that Shaq card is worth nothing now.
Do we have the same dad?
This one is worth almost $1500 graded an 8.200044920.jpg
nice. going to get mine graded later this week. I would be surprised if it was anything less than a 9. It is in flawless condition and well stored (along with a few other really good cards).My wife and I were thinking about going on a trip after I take the bar exam. Maybe I will sell the card to pay for it.
nice. going to get mine graded later this week. I would be surprised if it was anything less than a 9. It is in flawless condition and well stored (along with a few other really good cards).My wife and I were thinking about going on a trip after I take the bar exam. Maybe I will sell the card to pay for it.
It's not just the condition of the card, it's how perfect the picture is centered on the card and tons of other factors.
It's not just the condition of the card, it's how perfect the picture is centered on the card and tons of other factors.
thats a big disconcerting. where are these people who care about that?
thats a big disconcerting. where are these people who care about that?
Anyone who seriously collects is. I have a Griffey UD rookie that is off center 60/40 and it cuts the value quite a bit.
if he wasn't a steroid monkey, this might have been worth something..ssm-01500_mcgwphs016034.gif
i have 2 of these, tony gwynn topps and donrussrookies, jerry rice rookie, steve young rookie, griffey ud and opeechee rookies, every frank thomas card from '90-'93, mussina gold leaf rookie, shaq fu rejector etcall combined net worth prob < $10 imo

Prides of my collection:'74 Winfield RC'78 Murray RC (2)'75 Yount RC '72 Fisk RC (2)'89 Johnson RC (3)I have many more stars from the 70' that were worth a lot more about 19 years ago (Seaver, Reggie, Ryan, Clemente, etc.)Now I have my cards displayed on my den wall.300 game winners in order (missing a few of the old old-timers), and 3000 hits in order (complete).

• 1 month later...