Cake Poker PLO, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($9.65)Button ($3.56)SB ($7.75)BB ($3.35)Hero (UTG) ($14.90)MP ($6)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7 :club:, 5 :ts, 9 :qh, 6 :4hHero bets $0.45, MP (poster) calls $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.45, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.35Flop: ($2.25) 9 :5c, 8 :3h, K :D(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero...

I don't think that hand is strong enough to be raising from UTG. In fact, I'd probably fold it UTG.
i'm not sure how much you are giving up but folding that UTG is too tight.
i'm not sure how much you are giving up but folding that UTG is too tight.
Folding anything UTG is too tight for you...;)Playing a hand like that OOP is going to cost you more than it will earn over the long run. First, it's a 3-suited hand, which means you only have one flush possibility and that possibility is reduced by holding 3 of the suit. Second, the gap at the top automatically reduces your nut outs if you flop a straight draw. Top gap hands are generally worth much less than bottom gap hands. Add to that the fact that you'll most likely be OOP the rest of the hand and you have a recipe for a costly hand.
Folding anything UTG is too tight for you...;)Playing a hand like that OOP is going to cost you more than it will earn over the long run. First, it's a 3-suited hand, which means you only have one flush possibility and that possibility is reduced by holding 3 of the suit. Second, the gap at the top automatically reduces your nut outs if you flop a straight draw. Top gap hands are generally worth much less than bottom gap hands. Add to that the fact that you'll most likely be OOP the rest of the hand and you have a recipe for a costly hand.
This is a great response to your point jmbreslin but I agree with antistuff here simply because I'm a little LAG Plo. Keep it mixed up and be raising a variety of hands from multiple positions. I would pot this flop as played. You have position and a very playable hand......well......I also see an argument for checking flop because you have a weak diamond draw and not all your straight outs are to the nuts. You could also peel one here.Depending on how the table was playing is how I would make my decision. A little tight, pot. A little loose, check.