I Want To Mentor Someone (part 2)

lol picking you would be so +ev cuz i could spend every day listening to you on skype.IN MY OPINIOOOONNNNNNN
Ha, so I'm not the only one.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G/L whomever this goes to!I wish I had a board like this while i was loafing around in college! Do me a solid....and in like 50 words or less, tell me how to improve my game :)Hah.

G/L whomever this goes to!I wish I had a board like this while i was loafing around in college! Do me a solid....and in like 50 words or less, tell me how to improve my game :)Hah.
Make a bet with yourself, if you don't win a tourney...you can't have sex/do the deed that night.Or...close your browser when you play poker.
lol picking you would be so +ev cuz i could spend every day listening to you on skype.
Ha, so I'm not the only one.
You two are so gay for me. <3

this thread is about 1 month too early i'm afraid for me, but if anyone else is looking to do this in about a months time please keep me in mind i'll throw out some stuff about myself right now-40 a few days ago-recently split up, so i have no one to tell me i shouldn't be playing poker till all hours of the night-i am probably a slight profitable tourney player right now and a small loser in cash games, i play too tight in cash games as i can't afford to lose my bankroll and it is costing me pots, i have really been working on my tournament game lately and i'm getting much better but still am missing a couple things in my game that would allow me to win more than i am nowi have cashed in a few freerolls on full tilt, the 2700 person ones, 8th was my best finishi have cashed in a number of the ftops mini satellitesmy best finish is a really large tourney was 61st in the daily dollar out of 7200 which i have just recently started playing on a regular basis, i would say i have about an 80% success rate at cashing in that tourney and will finish in the top 10% of most (>50%) mtt sngs i playif i get knocked out of a tournament it is almost always by a worst hand 8-10 times at least, AA vs. AK, AK vs AQ, QQ vs TT etc, but i still don't amass enough chips in the middle stages of the tournament to be able to absord those losses, that is where i think i may need the helpmy poker bankroll is not healthy enough yet to play in bigger buyin tourneys so i have to sattelite into them, this has infact made me work on my game a lot and i think it has improved quite a bit-i started plying poker when i was 7, guts and stud games, i started to actually learn the game about 7 years ago, i have read the standard books, and am a pretty good live player i think, much more so than online, mostly due to my reading ability and then fact that i can give off false tells, i struggle with reading online but am getting betterabout 7 months ago i started writing a blog for a friend and have really started to work on my game since then, i've been playing online for about 2 months now, you could read more about my play on the blog, but it got lost in cyber space so i won't have any of that till i can try to find it on the way back machine in a few month hopefully, i played online about 5 years ago, deposited $400 and eventually lost it through play that was less than optimal obviously, my play is 100% better now than then, but still lacks somei work in real estate, which means i have a lot of time on my hands right now and can set my own schedulei would really like to be able to make poker a part of my income, not sure if full time would be for me as i get kind of burnt out if i play too much, a vacation here or there may help with that though, right now playing 4 hours a day would not be a problem and i can ply 2-3 tournaments at a timei play nlhe, omaha hi and razz, those are my strong games, i am a bad stud player and an okay plo8 player though i have cashed in horse freerolls and can usually run very deep in themi have seen various staking offers on this site that intriuge me but would prefer to actually use my own money and say maybe offer the coach 10-20% of my profit. kind of like a golfer and caddy relationship though i am certainly open to discussion on all these matters-i am a very low key person, i can take advice as long as it isn't structured too brutally, i recognize that i have faults and am willing to work on them to improve as both a person and as a poker player, i am a quick study and good at math-i teach MMA, rock climbing and a number of other sports so i think i would be a good student to the right teacher and i understand the process of teaching, i do need to know WHY though, it is how i learn besti am a generous giving person so please rest assured your help will be payed forward into the future as i would offer up my help to others both financially and scholastically, i do about 60 days of volunteer work at least a year, i enjoy helping people but am not very good at getting help for myself, its something i'm trying to work on thoughi live in a beautiful place, and though not able to invite you here right now, in the future i would welcome you into my home if you ever wanted to visitthis is a pretty bloggish post i realize, sorry for that, but i guess there is no harm in throwing it out there, i hope to be financially able to play at a level that would be reasonable in terms of payback for the coach in about 1 months time, but if i can improve my game a bit more and get a little luck and run deeper in a tourney here or there i will let anyone who is interested know

I'd like to add to anyone on the fence about PMing VT about coaching that he's one of the best MTT players on this forum. He's learned directly from possibly the best MTT player on this forum. VT constantly goes deep and when I see all his rail call threads I think that donkament poker is maybe not the biggest luckfest in the world.Why the **** would anyone who qualifies pass up on the chance to get a months worth of FREE coaching. If I had the time to learn optimal MTT strategy I'd be PMing Mr.Laxer.

I'd like to add to anyone on the fence about PMing VT about coaching that he's one of the best MTT players on this forum. He's learned directly from possibly the best MTT player on this forum. VT constantly goes deep and when I see all his rail call threads I think that donkament poker is maybe not the biggest luckfest in the world.Why the **** would anyone who qualifies pass up on the chance to get a months worth of FREE coaching. If I had the time to learn optimal MTT strategy I'd be PMing Mr.Laxer.
How much were you paid to post this?! :club:
This actually sauys "I'm a lazy fuck that thinks I'm too good for MTT training." GL VT, and I echo whatgreatis here, I don't knwo anything about VT personally, but see he is crushing all the time. And really, anyone that's any good at poker and offerign to coach for free is just unheard of, so take advantage of it. Basically every single player I know that crushes had someone help them along to make that jump from being breakeven/slightly profitable to very profitable because of serious coaching.
I will say however, that the type of person Im looking for is someone playing 5-55$ tournaments, 3r's, 5r's with an appropriate bankroll for those stakes and who has plenty of freetime. That usually means its going to be a younger person/student but like I said its no guarantee and please dont let that stop you from sending me a PM.
:club: