Bonomo Calls Out Men The Master

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly tried to make it really clear that I was not defending Men.I simply wanted to share my experiences with him.
Steve- I think most people got that. Clearly people like me and most of this forum have never met either Men or Justin. We really don't know anything first hand about them. Since you have that background your input is interesting, to me anyway.I think your general point that famous people (in particular poker players) are no different then anyone else should be obvious to most people but is not. Look at the paparazzi following celebrities around like they are somehow more interesting. I found it interesting you showed a decent side of Men, I think all people have good and bad qualities. It is too easy to dismiss Men as simply a cheater. Maybe he is, probably he is. But I liked that you showed a more balanced view of the man.I know you have been attacked on here a lot that last 6 months or so. Don't let a loud bunch of idiots keep you from posting. Many of us enjoy your insight from time to time.
Justin on the other hand was caught red handed cheating. Many people created threads discussing how they hated him, and that he should be banned for life, etc, etc, etc. I don't know Justin at all. I'm sure he learned from his mistakes and is moving on and doing well. He obviously has a lot of talent.
So, Steve.What do you think about Justin stalling so that his buddies could go to the bathroom without missing a hand. Justin has been calling it a slowroll. And he's said that he did it to show up Men, plus so that his buddies could go to the bathroom without missing a hand.
So, Steve.What do you think about Justin stalling so that his buddies could go to the bathroom without missing a hand. Justin has been calling it a slowroll. And he's said that he did it to show up Men, plus so that his buddies could go to the bathroom without missing a hand.
I think it was wrong.

I believe that Negreanu posted something one time about Men approaching him about cheating one time. I may be thinking of someone else, because this was a year ago I read this. Regardless, it isn't CONCRETE evidence, but its another thing to add to the list. All the stories from all the people are pretty convincing to myself as well as anyone else with any sense of logic.

I think it was wrong.
If anyone, ever, deserved to be slowrolled in the most brutal way, it's Men.
If anyone, ever, deserved to be slowrolled in the most brutal way, it's Men.
I'm not opposed to that. The question was, what do I think of his actions. I don't believe that two wrongs make a right.Again, I am not defending Men..........
I'm not opposed to that. The question was, what do I think of his actions. I don't believe that two wrongs make a right.Again, I am not defending Men..........
Sexist
they're both cheaters and cheaters are cheaters no matter what u think they will cheat againmark my words
FYPFwiw, I despise slowrollers. No matter how much one person pissed me off, I still don't think I would slowroll them. I think what Justin did was innocuous at best, classless at worst. The way to show you're better than guys like Men 'the master' is by not slowrolling and not lowering yourself to their level.

People have to stop lumping in what Bonomo did with full blown collusion. Multiaccounting should not be allowed but it is on such a smaller level compared to the stuff people have over and over accused Men of doing especially when you consider what the current online tourney culture was like when Bonomo got caught. Online poker was still in its infancy and in a place where lots of people were doing it mostly unaware that they were wrong doing. Plus Justin has, from all accounts, grown into a great guy while Men is still being accused of doing things that he was accused of doing 10 years ago.

I honestly tried to make it really clear that I was not defending Men.I simply wanted to share my experiences with him.
Dude, in my brief experience here, your posts are pretty much the clearest things on this web site. I typically don't pass judgment on people based on 3rd party information anyways, and even if I do...there should always been a grain of salt taken with it IMO (with respect to this whole thing).I'm a karma person.....life will balance itself out, one way or another.
People have to stop lumping in what Bonomo did with full blown collusion. Multiaccounting should not be allowed but it is on such a smaller level compared to the stuff people have over and over accused Men of doing especially when you consider what the current online tourney culture was like when Bonomo got caught. Online poker was still in its infancy and in a place where lots of people were doing it mostly unaware that they were wrong doing. Plus Justin has, from all accounts, grown into a great guy while Men is still being accused of doing things that he was accused of doing 10 years ago.
this
bonomo served his time with grace and now is a great ambassador for the game. He ****ed up but unlike most of the other **** ups in the online poker world, he actually accepted his punishment and now is in good graces with most of the poker world.lol at men
I agree with all of this.Whether he has cleaned his image or not, Bonomo is famous for cheating though. So it is kind of funny that he has a blog being critical of someone for cheating.
I agree with all of this.Whether he has cleaned his image or not, Bonomo is famous for cheating though. So it is kind of funny that he has a blog being critical of someone for cheating.
He was famous way before the MA thing.
This
I believe I have seen Phil Hellmuth do the same thing on an old telecast of the poker tournament in atlantic city that ESPN shows all the time late at night. Seems to me that both situations were pretty much the same. Was it the US Poker Championships? I can't remember.
I believe I have seen Phil Hellmuth do the same thing on an old telecast of the poker tournament in atlantic city that ESPN shows all the time late at night. Seems to me that both situations were pretty much the same. Was it the US Poker Championships? I can't remember.
He asked the players at the table if they'd mind if they took a bathroom break. A few people said "okay." But someone objected. So they continued to play.Apples and oranges.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm74oXOzt0Y