i think its awesome that they are playing the whole, "how is she with this loser angle?" kind of like the vince cant act storyline, sometimes i wonder if the shows writers are really just third level mocking their actors.
I think this one is a first level mocking.
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused as to why Ari cares so much about his buddy stepping out. I think they are trying to portray Ari as borderline desperate for a friend his age which is an interesting angle.
He had to push to get him in the agency, and rubs his success in Bab's face, so a lot of his reputation is riding on the guy too. So if he blows it screwing a 26 year old junior agent it would look bad on Ari.

I thought Ari's objections to the affair were financial in nature. If Gary Cole's character is a partner, a divorce proceeding involving the splitting of marital assets would have a big effect on the agency. I'm betting there will be a divorce, with the ex-wife retaining some ownership (seat on the board, with voting rights, etc.

I thought Ari's objections to the affair were financial in nature. If Gary Cole's character is a partner, a divorce proceeding involving the splitting of marital assets would have a big effect on the agency. I'm betting there will be a divorce, with the ex-wife retaining some ownership (seat on the board, with voting rights, etc.
They're setting it up for something lasting to happen, why else would they cast a reasonably established actress (Jami Gertz) in the role?

They used the word "Coagulate" 2 times for some strange reason.Good episode though, HOF Ari/Turtle material in there as well.

IMO the writers are putting more and more shit in there that is making themselves laugh more than the audience. Ex. Turtle - "She's with Him?" / The whole Seth Rogan thing / "Coagulate"Of course they're gonna put stuff in there they think is funny but those jokes feel like "inside" jokes to me.

post-6618-1248921355_thumb.jpgpost-6618-1248921369_thumb.jpgThat Ashley chick needs to get AIDS and die, I do not like. Strike that, she has AIDS already. She just needs to die. I did like her in Dark Chrystal though.
And I’ve kind of said some disparaging things about the show. Although in our defense, [producer] Mark Wahlberg called us misogynistic in an interview, so I think they kind of started that…It’s on. Luckily I never have and never plan on watching Entourage.”
Oh, so you're just insecure about your appearance. Got it.
Oh, so you're just insecure about your appearance. Got it.
If the joke was made on the show when Knocked Up came out it would've been one thing but to make it years later when the topic isn't particularly timely it just comes off as taking a shot- for taking a shot.
If the joke was made on the show when Knocked Up came out it would've been one thing but to make it years later when the topic isn't particularly timely it just comes off as taking a shot- for taking a shot.
I disagree with this, and - this time - it's not because you said it. We were discussing the exact topic of Knocked Up and Seth + Katherine in a thread as recently as last week. The show Entourage is about four guys hanging out and shooting the breeze... this is exactly what guys talk about. If I was a writer, I would constantly include things in scripts that I actually talked about with my friends. The writers shouldn't have to worry about a multi-millionaire's feelings.

Great Ep. Ari definitely came off as a much better guy then they've really shown him to be throughout the season. It was cool seeing him treat Turtle like someone worthy of advice. And the way he gave Eric advice almost seems like he's taking on a mentor role with him. Pretty sweet overall.

I disagree with this, and - this time - it's not because you said it. We were discussing the exact topic of Knocked Up and Seth + Katherine in a thread as recently as last week. The show Entourage is about four guys hanging out and shooting the breeze... this is exactly what guys talk about. If I was a writer, I would constantly include things in scripts that I actually talked about with my friends. The writers shouldn't have to worry about a multi-millionaire's feelings.
I agree...sort of. This isn't the first time the writer has gone out of his way to take pot shots at someone he has a personal problem with (See every Kevin Smith insult) and I'm alright with that but, the target has every right to react in a way that Rogen did. My point is/was if it was two years ago maybe it wouldn't have pissed Rogen off /seemed like as much of personal shot. Also I think most of the Rogen/Hiegl argument stuff is shit and misses the point of the movie but that's for another thread and I've used the / too many times in the post
The writers shouldn't have to worry about a multi-millionaire's feelings.
Using a popular tv show to get in multiple below the belt "you're hideous" digs at a guy you don't like is pretty fucked up, whether the subject is rich or not.
Using a popular tv show to get in multiple below the belt "you're hideous" digs at a guy you don't like is pretty fucked up, whether the subject is rich or not.
Rogen is in the spotlight... and none of the points brought up on the episode were anything terrible... he needs to just chill out.Also, after reading the link right above your post, I would say that it's generous to call Entourage "popular". It's getting like half the numbers of True Blood.

Rogen was on Stern today and he said he heard from Kevin Dillon about it - i think the point is that the guy from Entourage doesn't like him and did it because of that not that Rogen cares whether he's uglythe whole thing is silly tho

Rogen is in the spotlight... and none of the points brought up on the episode were anything terrible... he needs to just chill out.Also, after reading the link right above your post, I would say that it's generous to call Entourage "popular". It's getting like half the numbers of True Blood.
Agree with this, I dont think Rogan should have any problems with the episode. He is a comedian, and has poked fun at himelf on previous occassions.