1. Try to get 10k hands in (this is pretty tough for me as I played 10k since Jan...ughh)2. Get to 3/5ths of my Fpps needed to clear my bonus3. Double my current BR. 4. Zig and Zag.

Goals for April1: 12,000 hands failed2: Review at least 5 sessions I play passed!3: Run twice a week minimum failed4: Catch up on all uni work over holidayfailed5: Get up earlieralmost failed, passing now though6: Focus! Take more time during hands.passed
april.gifApril was erratic to say the least. HEM has me $120 below all in ev, which is pretty yuck. After one horrific session of $50nl I moved down to $25. Will move back up when I get into the habit of winning again. Not really unhappy with the month, as I played some pretty good poker at times. Also went through the HEM plugging leaks thing, and found out some surprising things about my game that cause me to lose a ton. Also found out that KK is my third worst pocket pair (lol).Once I build the winning confidence back up I'll be back crushing souls at the $50 game. But right now, the $25 donks aren't safe just yet. I beat that level in April for 30bb/100 over almost 3k hands.Oh and as for the mini-FTOPS, I intend to play the $22 6-max and the $33 6-max shootout. Most of the tournaments start way too early for me (14:00 there is 6am here) But these two seem worth playing for me. Goals1: 9k hands2: run twice a week.3: consciously work on leaks from HEM4: cash in one of the mini-ftops events5: hold one tieeemeeeGL all. May has nuthin, ya hear?

Had no real goal except to start working on my NLH over the last 2 weeksplayed 7,603 hands on $50NLH+360.50Was a bit swingy, and hurt my game when tried to change too much.30_APR_09.jpgMay Goals1. Play 10,000 hands $50NLH2. +$5003. Keep my cool4. Try a tourney or two, see if I've learned anything.

Well, after putting poker on the back burner for the past 8 months, I'm hoping to put in at least 30-40 hours a week through the summer and build my roll back to $1,000.Current roll - About $330May goals (low expectations)1. Finish moving my roll from AP to PokerStars.2. Play at least 80 $2.20 90-man sngs.3. Put in about 2000 hands of nl cash.4. Test out stud hi/lo - 400 hands.5. Actually go deep in a tournament - been doing well at everything else since moving over, but low limit stars players are amazingly dim. Need to adjust my game.Good luck everyone!

April goal: Finish the month with at least $250 on both Tilt and Stars.ResultsStars: Started at ~$180, finished at $170.86 = FAILEDTilt: Started at ~$230, finished at $241.28 = FAILEDAnalysisOn Tilt I was a marginal loser at .01-.02 PLO, marginal winner at .01-.02 NLO8, but blew $6.60 on a couple of 90-man SnGs. Came out ahead thanks to the $25 bonus for the Take 2 promotion.Stars was a rollercoaster. I played mostly $1.75, 18-man NLO8 turbos with a few 90 and 180-man NLHE SnGs, and PLO8 and 8-Game STTs thrown in. Went on a rice run mid-month to get over $200, but gave it back and then some in the 2nd half of the month.May goals1) Finish the month with at least $270 on Tilt.2) Finish the month with at least $200 on Stars.Will likely stick with .01-.02 NLO8 on Tilt until I get bored. On Stars I will stick with the $1.75 18-man NLO8 SnGs, at least until the variance starts to drive me insane, and PLO8 STTs.

April goals-Play at least 5,000 hands at 10NL 6max for 25BB/100 -Play more SNGs ($5.50 9 mans, 20% ROI)
Well I didn't achieve my goals, mostly because I spent more time playing pool than poker. I also got extremely bored with playing SNGs. Plus I ran bad in some tournaments, and played a few I didn't have the roll for, thus making me drop down $5NL 6 max. Enough with the excuses...April Results:-$10 6 max
  • 3,699 Hands
  • +$32.55
  • 4.40 BB/100

-$5 6 max

• 336 Hands
  • -$15.62
  • -46.49 BB/100

Total Profit: $16.93May Goals

• Stick to cash games and the occasional $2 tournaments on the weekends.
  • Play 5,000 hands at $50NL 6 max for 4BB/100 *edited due to BR increase*
  • DON'T GO OUT OF MY ROLL FOR TOURNAMENTS.

Current BR: $119.98Edit: I'll throw in a non-poker goal for May. Win at least 4 games against the ghost in 9 ball in a race to 10.[/

April Goals:1) Make a Profit (lol - always no1) PASS2) Make a profit of at least $1500 FAIL. Several Reasons - like my PC broke for the past week so i couldnt play. Running bad as hell most of the month didnt help lol Profit: $401 3) By the end of April, have enough to be playing $38 6max SnG's on Stars FAIL. Should have known this was a bit much. I have enough to be playing $25's though. So thats getting there. Meh4) Buy HEM (+learn how to use it!) Didnt feel as though it was worth it tbh. Not for Turbo's anyhoo.5) Start playing .1/.25 on FTP and make a profit. (with a BR of ~$450) PASS. And i love it. Hope it keeps going like this. AND i lost a big $50 pot being 95% fav! COOL! lol6) Become a Silver Star on Stars PASS. I feel kool having 2 stars under my name :club: 7) Post at least 10 hands on this site to plug leaks. PASS. And it has helped :ts Thanks guys EDIT:8) Buy a contract phone. ( pay as you go sucks!) FAIL. Ugh. Soon though. Soon.Overall an ok month. Playing good, but not winning as much. Meh. Poker isnt everything. May Goals:1) Maintain a Profit.2) Make a profit of at least $10003) Be playing $25 SNG's regularly. Goodbye $13 ones :D4) Maintain SilverStar Lets go for it. GOLDSTAR!!5) Keep posting hands + Start replying more often.6) Contract phone. Im getting one.Good luck with your goals guys!!

1. Stay within my BR limits this time, not going above what I can.2. Make a profit of $100 from my $20 deposit on Pokerstars3. If possible transfer my BR to Full Tilt4. Cash in 55% of SnGs

May Goals:Poker Related Goals1. End with $100+ Bankroll (starting at $62.73)2. Play over 5000 hands3. Play for no more than 90 minutes per session on open tables, at least 5 minute breaks between sessions.4. Play open tables with max buyins, buying in with under 10% of bankroll.5. Mark at least 50 opponents on open tables with notes.6. Prevent tilt!!! remain emotionally detached!7. Post at least 5 hands in the forums, to get other perspectives.Non Poker Related Goals1. Pass this semester with at least a 3.0 (it's been going rough so far, or i would have a higher goal)2. Run 10 miles of sprints and 20 miles distance (I won't be running the first half of may due to finals, so this is half of the month)3. Play tennis with my dad at least 3 times.4. Start on the P-90X program, and maintain it.

Goals:1. Play atleast 30,000 hands of 10nl2. Get bankroll to atleast $450 currently at $3503. Get Silver Star status4. Continue to get better, post a few hands5. Start to play 25nl when bankroll is there.

since i'm trying to get back into playing more seriously (unless I find a real job...)April up about $1200. Started w/ 900 on FT in the middle of rebuilding a bankroll again (for about the 4th time). was at almost 2200. downswing for a few days tho. May goals:cash out on UB. i liked some things about their site but lately it just pisses me off. From things i keep reading on 2+2 the higher limits are filled with bots and junk anyway so it's prolly not a great long term site. Maybe use that 1700 to start an account on Cake or Players Only. do something with my Stars account. Left 1k on there to play 180s but i dont have time to do those much anymore. learn Omaha. just started last night and it already seems like $$$increase roll on FT to 3k (*main goal, sitting on 1950 right now)question: does FT or Stars have better rake rates? seems like i looked this up at one point but im having trouble finding it again. For some odd reason I have a soft spot for FT (prolly cause that's where I made most of my money last time i took poker seriously...like a year ago) and i get sick of Stars really quick. But if one has better rake rates than the other I'd gladly move most of my roll to one.

1. feel like a big truck ran through my guts instead of a locamotive2. visit my daughter3. get another job4. start a new blog, last one disapeared into cyberspace, too bad i had some good stuff on there and just got an email saying i was ranked 71 on the top 100 best poker blogs, not bad for only 7 months of writing5. continue to advance my tournament game, i am consistantly going deep in nlhe and now omaha mini ftops satellites and with a couple more fixes to my game i think i will start using some of the tickets i win and take a shot at the next level, i hoestly and only about 2 out of 10 times ever getting it in with the worst hand so i think when variance just is a bit better to me i can really make a go of this6. win my way into the $750k. sundy brawl and some of the bigger tournies again, cash this time7. work on my nlhe cash game, i'm still playing like a chicken and need to re raise more people and not be pushed around as much, basically i'm just using it as a way to build up full tilt points to use for tournament entries, i need to change that a bit8. post an occasianal hand to get some help here, everytime i have the advice has been great and i need to do that more, you guys are all great poker minds

Been a lurker for quite some time, might as well get something going. Deposited 100$ on PS some weeks back, and didn't have much time/interest to play due to class and other distractions. Has since then dwindled down slowly, but I've come into some free time and I want to really work on building a bankroll without further deposits. So..Start: $65.00ish1. Log 10,000+ hands micro NL .02/.052. Prevent tilt and major changes to my game when things get card/flop-dead. Stay smart, stay tight, etc. 3. Work on preventing unnecessary marginal spots/decisions.4. Hopefully finish close to $150 and then consider bumping up to .05/.10 if it gets there early. 5. Start posting in the forums and become a more active member :club:

Been a lurker for quite some time, might as well get something going.
Welcome. Good luck with your goals. Just remember to not feel pressured to play just to meet your number of hands. The best poker is played when you want to be playing.Oh and May is going to be so awesome. I can just feel it. Plus I'm running at +35bb/100 so far (1200 hands)

Might be a good idea to start posting in these monthly challenge threads. For a starter, not many goals or anything. Just set myself a list of stuff to do to pass from a recreational player to a more ''organized'' one.1. Wake up earlier2. Get a job (at least part-time)3. Finish reading HoH; tome 24. Make it into the monthly top 3 of my venue (LTPQ).5. Quit reading this forum WHILE playing. Bad habit.6. Watch several replays of my sessions

Oh and May is going to be so awesome. I can just feel it. Plus I'm running at +35bb/100 so far (1200 hands)
Word of advice for all. Don't post things like this unless you like your doomswitch on. :club:

good april.and good may so far. at $1950 now, grinding .25 / .50 HU running 10BB / 100 in 10k hands until now. goals:$2500 at the end of the month. maintain 5BB / 100. that is all.

May goals:- play more hands in the cash games- practice good table selection- quit games as soon as I realize that I'm tilting/playing bad
i started another thread about table selection...if you don't mind my asking, what do you consider good table selection?thanks

May goals:-Rebuild my bankroll from virutally nothing $7(I went a little overboard with the SCOOP :ts, but it was fun regardless).-Don't venture outside of micro-limits.-Post more in strat forums.Good Luck to everyone else with their goals! :club: