I've Now Lost My Bankroll :(

I struggled to find $50 to put online for poker when I was a freshman in college. Then again I didn't have a job....Then again I still don't.Damn, I am worthless.

I struggled to find $50 to put online for poker when I was a freshman in college. Then again I didn't have a job....Then again I still don't.Damn, I am worthless.
I still love you

The first two times I tried to build a roll from a couple of bucks, I got it up to about $35-$40 and then went broke...The third time, I got lucky and got it up to about $100. Then I read about bankroll management, and I've never gone close to going broke again.Good bankroll management, table selection, and tilt control trump fancy play and god-like reads.I would also recommend players focus on their play, and once they've established some bankroll rules, never to focus on the money aspect. If you play well, the money will take care of itself. Wanting to make a bunch of money, no matter how bad you want it, will not make you money. Playing good poker will.All that being said, I will now go off and spend my remaining bankroll on Fulltilt on two FTOPS Mini tournaments in an attempt to TP/MM.Good luck.

last time i checked most people are struggling to find extra cash whether or not they have jobs. i don't know if any of you heard but most economies are tanking. true story.

last time i checked most people are struggling to find extra cash whether or not they have jobs. i don't know if any of you heard but most economies are tanking. true story.
You're right, so let's do the responsible thing and throw every last sent into pokerstars. :club:
that's the one thing I regret about playing so much poker...the fact that it affects my relationships with my friends and family. That's what really hurts,
Play poker in moderation. Poker doesnt affect my relationships with my friends or family really. I don't play that much. I play about 3 hours online a day and I have a home game fri. and saturdays with my friends. So poker keeps me connected with my friends.
The first two times I tried to build a roll from a couple of bucks, I got it up to about $35-$40 and then went broke...The third time, I got lucky and got it up to about $100. Then I read about bankroll management, and I've never gone close to going broke again.Good bankroll management, table selection, and tilt control trump fancy play and god-like reads.I would also recommend players focus on their play, and once they've established some bankroll rules, never to focus on the money aspect. If you play well, the money will take care of itself. Wanting to make a bunch of money, no matter how bad you want it, will not make you money. Playing good poker will.All that being said, I will now go off and spend my remaining bankroll on Fulltilt on two FTOPS Mini tournaments in an attempt to TP/MM.Good luck.
I agree with EVERYTHING you said except the very last sentence lmao.I'd like to add a quote: "A penny saved, is a penny earned." That is a huge philosophy in poker. You don't get paid for winning pots, you get paid for making correct decisions.

just do what i did. make about $50 in freerolls, then run insanely amazing for a month and run it up to $1000....THEN learn about bankroll management.

This.
just do what i did. make about $50 in freerolls, then run insanely amazing for a month and run it up to $1000....THEN learn about bankroll management.
LolTrue that. It's been proven that once you learn about BR management, you can't run that good anymore. Happened to me, therefor it's true.

I'm married, and both my wife and I work full time and have good paying jobs landing us squarely in the middle class. After paying the mortgage, daycare, bills, etc., discretionary income isn't as much as I'd like, so a $50 deposit is doable, but not something I'd relish.I remember what it was like to be 18 and work 10 hours to make $50 (okay, I'm dating myself here - minimum wage was a lot lower when I was that age). If you're in school, 8-10 hours a week is quite a bit, and while you don't have a mortgage, you do have to put gas in the car and god forbid you want to take a girl out to a movie.Do your best kid, and focus on becoming a better player. If/when you get the cash to make a deposit, do it. Otherwisejump in some freerolls and try to run your play money balance at FTP up to 500,000 and play in the play money freeroll.

Try to check for some stake threads as well. I busted my bankroll as well and cashed in on a couple of stakes. Although it wasn't much, I'm now back to grinding it up. Learn from your mistakes, I wish I could take my own advice as easily as I give it.

No where did I claim I was rich. What's with the stereotypes of pilots being rich? Regional Airlines pay worse than McDonalds. True Story.The point is I had a job at 18. I also had a job at 14.OP is just lazy... highschool or not.
The bolded is just laughable. You really have no idea what it is like these days. Its not easy to find any job, especially if you are 18 and have no experience. Even fast food restaurants are reluctant to hire someone who has never worked before. If you dont have a connection, finding a first job is very very hard. Assuming someone is lazy because they dont have a job at 18 years old is just ignorant.
Its not easy to find any job, especially if you are 18 and have no experience. Even fast food restaurants are reluctant to hire someone who has never worked before.
waffle house's applications are like an 8x10 index card with 2 questions 1. Name and 2. When can you start. pizza places are always hiring drivers/in-stores. walmart needs people to stock shelves. no, they're not great jobs. but they do pay. they're out there if you look.

After it has been discussed in this topic, I can confirm that I am just plain lazy. I come from England and I am going to become a ski instructor before going to university.

After it has been discussed in this topic, I can confirm that I am just plain lazy. I come from England and I am going to become a ski instructor before going to university.
where the hell do people ski in england? i thought it was pretty flat...

Poker is just like any other thing, the players that win are those who stick with the problems and try to solve and not avoiding them. Thats the reason why poker will allways be profitable for a good players. Bad players doesnt have the patience nor the mindset to conquer their problems when they occour.

waffle house's applications are like an 8x10 index card with 2 questions 1. Name and 2. When can you start. pizza places are always hiring drivers/in-stores. walmart needs people to stock shelves. no, they're not great jobs. but they do pay. they're out there if you look.
My first job was at Taco Bell when i was in high school and I had to go through 3 interviews before I got the position. I worked at that Taco Bell for over 1 year and we NEVER hired anyone that wasnt a friend or relative of a current worker. I also put in over 10 applications at various fast food restaurants/grocery stores before I got a job at Taco Bell and not one place called me and wanted an interview. I have recently been looking for summer work and have put in 12 applications (video stores, grocery stores, fast food restaurants, gas stations, sporting good stores) and have gotten only 1 interview. I called back on most applications and most places simply are not hiring. No, pizza places are not always hiring. No, Wal-Mart is not always hiring. (There was 1 position open in the toy department with over 10 applicants competing for one position) People always think it is easy to get these types of jobs, but in my experience, without a connection it is very hard.
My first job was at Taco Bell when i was in high school and I had to go through 3 interviews before I got the position. I worked at that Taco Bell for over 1 year and we NEVER hired anyone that wasnt a friend or relative of a current worker. I also put in over 10 applications at various fast food restaurants/grocery stores before I got a job at Taco Bell and not one place called me and wanted an interview. I have recently been looking for summer work and have put in 12 applications (video stores, grocery stores, fast food restaurants, gas stations, sporting good stores) and have gotten only 1 interview. I called back on most applications and most places simply are not hiring. No, pizza places are not always hiring. No, Wal-Mart is not always hiring. (There was 1 position open in the toy department with over 10 applicants competing for one position) People always think it is easy to get these types of jobs, but in my experience, without a connection it is very hard.
this is generally true. however, it is completely irrelevant because the op still hasn't explained how he is going to be a ski instructor in a country with no mountains......
My first job was at Taco Bell when i was in high school and I had to go through 3 interviews before I got the position. .
i wasnt implying that you were lazy. or that you walk in and just find a job. depending on which part of the country you're in, it may take a while. took me 3 months to find a job at an ice cream place when i first started college. thats one of the reasons i really started working at my poker game...i could pay rent with that when i couldnt find another job. not everyone can, im lucky.i also mowed yards in the neighborhood for $20 a pop since i was big enough to lug a lawnmower across the street. you can find something if you look hard enough. maybe the specific examples arent hiring (though they're always hiring where i went to school) but somewhere is. look in the paper, look online, ask one of your friends to talk to his boss. do something. im not trying to be an ass, im just saying that any job, even minwage crap jobs, are not just going to come to you. i know from experience that sitdown restaurants usually need cooks/dishwashers/busboys. hell i started cooking in college b/c they paid me AND i got free food. that was way more EV than any poker decision i ever made.
this is generally true. however, it is completely irrelevant because the op still hasn't explained how he is going to be a ski instructor in a country with no mountains......
He's probably going to the Alps or somewhere. It won't be in England where he'll be instructing.
i wasnt implying that you were lazy. or that you walk in and just find a job. depending on which part of the country you're in, it may take a while. took me 3 months to find a job at an ice cream place when i first started college. thats one of the reasons i really started working at my poker game...i could pay rent with that when i couldnt find another job. not everyone can, im lucky.i also mowed yards in the neighborhood for $20 a pop since i was big enough to lug a lawnmower across the street. you can find something if you look hard enough. maybe the specific examples arent hiring (though they're always hiring where i went to school) but somewhere is. look in the paper, look online, ask one of your friends to talk to his boss. do something. im not trying to be an ass, im just saying that any job, even minwage crap jobs, are not just going to come to you. i know from experience that sitdown restaurants usually need cooks/dishwashers/busboys. hell i started cooking in college b/c they paid me AND i got free food. that was way more EV than any poker decision i ever made.
good post. The tone of your first post rubbed me the wrong way given my recent experience.