• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except that FCP doesn't have enough full nudity.
I agree with this, the next Featured Member should have to post nudies of themselves!!
I agree with this, the next Featured Member should have to post nudies of themselves!!
im fairly certain we don't want this.
im fairly certain we don't want this.
Nekkid Teeeeetoeeee 1 time?

I'm not sure how much it matters that DN does or doesn't post here. The forums have moved far beyond the DN cult of personality. It can't help that he doesn't provide any content anymore, however. I think the start of PokerVT spelled the end of DN talking actual poker on FCP ( not that he did much, but he used to do some). I think the greater issue, at least for gen pop and the strategy forums, is the hardcore strategy talk has gone elsewhere. And unless a new generation of posters starts talking strat and picking things up, then I don't think that's ever coming back. The off topic and blog forums are still active and vibrant, but I don't think from an actual "poker" stand point this forum is going to do anything but shrink from here on out.

I think DN contributing to the forum would help, but we all know the real answer.1st...The death of the challenge thread as FCP knows it. The Challenge thread used to do at least 5 long (the 40 posts or whatever) pages per day. That thread has done about 5 pages THIS MONTH. I would say since the end of February, FCP has lost around 27.853 posts...rough estimate of course since where on earth would I get access to such a crazy number?2nd...There are always gonna be bad/douchey posters. However, that number has seemed to skyrocket in the last year. I won't name any names, but let's just say there has been a bit too much zigging and zagging going on. It's pretty hard to read a thread these days w/o someone totally gheying it up.Fwiw...I still post here and like FCP but it's not the same as it used to be. The "old" FCP had a very family vibe about it. Yes, we would have our share of flaming etc. But more than any other forum we were our own "community/family" if you will. For me at least, FCP has lost most of that and I am pretty sure we won't get that back here. It is what it is...
I think you're off here. If I were to hazard a rough estimate, I would put the number closer to 27,951... give or take a post or two. Perhaps this discrepancy can be explained by the time gap between our two posts... Perhaps not... We can never know for sure...
I think you're off here. If I were to hazard a rough estimate, I would put the number closer to 27,951... give or take a post or two. Perhaps this discrepancy can be explained by the time gap between our two posts... Perhaps not... We can never know for sure...
QFT...I actually think the number is closer to 27,958 now that I think more about it...
I think DN contributing to the forum would help, but we all know the real answer.1st...The death of the challenge thread as FCP knows it. The Challenge thread used to do at least 5 long (the 40 posts or whatever) pages per day. That thread has done about 5 pages THIS MONTH. I would say since the end of February, FCP has lost around 27.853 posts...rough estimate of course since where on earth would I get access to such a crazy number?2nd...There are always gonna be bad/douchey posters. However, that number has seemed to skyrocket in the last year. I won't name any names, but let's just say there has been a bit too much zigging and zagging going on. It's pretty hard to read a thread these days w/o someone totally gheying it up.Fwiw...I still post here and like FCP but it's not the same as it used to be. The "old" FCP had a very family vibe about it. Yes, we would have our share of flaming etc. But more than any other forum we were our own "community/family" if you will. For me at least, FCP has lost most of that and I am pretty sure we won't get that back here. It is what it is...
Great points I think. I would not call it a family as much i would call it a fraternity. Can you imagine something as good as the krabler coming up here these days? That is untopable, but it seemed there was something close almost every other day. Even BG isn't as funny anymore. (sorry) I guess I can't complain because I rarely contributed, but man I miss the old days. Seems the energy is gone.
Some parts of the forum are slower than last year and some have more activity such as the entertainment and Daniel's Blog forums.This is the slowest time of year for anything online and poker related. All of the online sites see a decrease in the amount of people playing in the Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Poker Forums also see this seasonal decrease in activity.
this.Plus the the month or so before the WSOP is always the slowest time of year on poker forums..this place will light up like a xmas tree come May, fear not.
Can't I just drop a Stanley Steamer on Annie Dukes back porch? Would that do it?
I'll get the mini-van and the paper bag.. best two out of 3 ro sham bo for the honors of lighting it?
Oh, you thought I meant an actual back porch....
Well if you just wanna make fun of those horrible tattoo photos, I'm game for that too. But can we set something on fire after?