Do You Buy The Goodies For Your Buddies When You Win?

When you have a relatively big score on the tables, do you share it with your buddies? For example, if you are in college a 500-1500$ win is both realistic and significant at a 1/2, 2/5 NL game. To other students who dont play poker/gamble this seems like a ton of dough. So, if you have a big score at the local card room, or take down an online MTT, they are like "Bro! if i won that much itd be sicccck". do you share it by buying the weed, alcohol, grub, etc for your close friends the next time you hang out?

not that i get many nice scores, but i put it away for college
Damn.I came to this thread when I've seen you post with a prepared "Since when do you win anything" comment, but it seems you have beat me to it.

Yeah, I don't have that many nice scores. But when I was in AC with my g/f, I won a decent amount of money and then paid for the whole night of drinks and gave her money to play Blackjack.I have told my roommates, when I hit big in an mtt, we are having a party, so I will spend some money on my friends

I might be a nit but I definately dont buy my friends stuff after a big score. In my mind, the big score is a payment for all of the other tournies that I have been playing. I also use it in my mind as extra padding for the inevitable downswing.

I might be a nit but I definately dont buy my friends stuff after a big score. In my mind, the big score is a payment for all of the other tournies that I have been playing. I also use it in my mind as extra padding for the inevitable downswing.
What a drab, proper B/R mgmt way of doing it!!This is just how I am in general though. I'm a what's mine is yours kind of person. I don't need to win a jackpot or have a big night. I'm prolly just the opposite. I'm always giving....but if I have a horrid night at the tables or something, then I kinda turn the spending reigns in a little bit.
When you have a relatively big score on the tables, do you share it with your buddies? For example, if you are in college a 500-1500$ win is both realistic and significant at a 1/2, 2/5 NL game. To other students who dont play poker/gamble this seems like a ton of dough. So, if you have a big score at the local card room, or take down an online MTT, they are like "Bro! if i won that much itd be sicccck". do you share it by buying the weed, alcohol, grub, etc for your close friends the next time you hang out?
How is it that everyone knows about your "big scores," and, really, what does poker have to do with anything else?
How is it that everyone knows about your "big scores," and, really, what does poker have to do with anything else?
i generally dont tell people how i do when i play poker, except my parents lol. But if they ask what I am doing, and i tell them I am playing poker they obviously ask how i am doing. i dont like to lie. As far as MTTs, well my roomate can see that when I am playing... But yea, you are right, you should not go around telling friends your wins/losses. Only can increase jealously if you win, not a good addition to a friendship.
I usually take my friends on a free trip to Wynn Las Vegas
you should not go around telling friends your wins/losses. Only can increase jealously if you win, not a good addition to a friendship.
I agree 100% if we are talking about nonpoker related friends. I'll brag to fargopoker anyday :)I'm ussually the most generous of my friends but thats because 95% of my friends are broke.

My fav story related to this that I can think of was (I think) OMGClayAiken having a party in college where everyone who walked in was given their own bottle of Dom. Now that is baller and generous imo.

I agree 100% if we are talking about nonpoker related friends. I'll brag to fargopoker anyday :)I'm ussually the most generous of my friends but thats because 95% of my friends are broke.
cuz u like to make me jealous
I usually take my friends on a free trip to Wynn Las Vegas
no love?
My fav story related to this that I can think of was (I think) OMGClayAiken having a party in college where everyone who walked in was given their own bottle of Dom. Now that is baller and generous imo.
wow, jesus that's alot. How much is a bottle of Dom? And how many would attend such a party? Even for a high stakes player, that looks like it could get real pricy!
wow, jesus that's alot. How much is a bottle of Dom? And how many would attend such a party? Even for a high stakes player, that looks like it could get real pricy!
I've been out of the booze biz a few years now, but we sold dom for $110-$125/bottle for the current vintage, older vintages varied from $175-$300.

WHEN i win i'm gonna buy a huge bag of gummy bears for everyone to share

I've been out of the booze biz a few years now, but we sold dom for $110-$125/bottle for the current vintage, older vintages varied from $175-$300.
I think he said he got a bit of a bulk discount cuz he bought like 4 or 5 cases of 12.edit: although it has been a while since i heard it on some podcast somewhere, so take that fwiw, lol...
Dom is 80-90 a bottle. If you buy bulk (case or more) it's usually at least a 10% discount.I could think of a 100 things I would rather drink than Dom.
i challenge you to name 100 things