Worst Mistake Of My Poker Career

I am beginning to notice a pattern whenever I make a joke about someone.
if you wouldnt have gotten demolished by GWC, then we wouldnt be in this position
This is why I play low stakesThat and my wife won't let me play higher...but this is the MAIN reason
I would think that the lower the stakes you play, the more meaningful the money becomes for more people, and you'd be ruining more lives than if you were playing higher stakes (assuming you win).
I would think that the lower the stakes you play, the more meaningful the money becomes for more people, and you'd be ruining more lives than if you were playing higher stakes (assuming you win).
I meant that's why I play low stakes...to hurt people as much as possible.Like the time you hurt me with that $100 flipament that you won minutes after telling me how bad my call was playing heads up in a tournament that only you railed me on the old FCP skin.I never forget.
When I play live poker I usually never talk. Wear my ipod and STFU and play. But today i started asking some old guys what they did for a living. I had imagined that these old guys are all retired doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc..Found out that one was a car salemen, one was a teacher, etc...all respectable professions but probably not extremely wealthy. Now I feel somewhat bad if I win $ off of them. Poker is a cant win game. Pissed if you lose, feel bad when you win. :club:
I've struggled with this from time to time, but the bottom line is this. They willingly came to the poker table. They know that they're gambling. Even if you're good, sometimes they're gonna get lucky and take your money. If you're not in that seat, someone else will be. Play your best, and try to win every time. No one expects anything else from you and you can be damn sure that even the degenerate with every dime to his name on the table would not want charity from you.
I meant that's why I play low stakes...to hurt people as much as possible.Like the time you hurt me with that $100 flipament that you won minutes after telling me how bad my call was playing heads up in a tournament that only you railed me on the old FCP skin.I never forget.
Haha I don't remember that, but I always win flipaments so let that be a lesson to you.
Haha I don't remember that, but I always win flipaments so let that be a lesson to you.
You don't remember?You don't remember?I've relived this everyday for 3 years...and you just 'don't remember'?Man that sucks for my plans to kidnap you and burn the Canadian flag on your graveBut it does save me from the high priced lawyer I was going to have to hire to get me off on some technicality
When I play live poker I usually never talk. Wear my ipod and STFU and play. But today i started asking some old guys what they did for a living. I had imagined that these old guys are all retired doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc..Found out that one was a car salemen, one was a teacher, etc...all respectable professions but probably not extremely wealthy. Now I feel somewhat bad if I win $ off of them. Poker is a cant win game. Pissed if you lose, feel bad when you win. :club:
try playing more tournaments instead of cash. with no money value on the chips it is more about the competition and game strategy .scotty ngyuyen says he practically never plays cash bc he doesnt feel great about taking money directly outta peoples pockets. he's one of the best ever, so dont feel bad if your somewhat similar.if u must play mostly cash just dont talk too much and try not to get to be good friends with the people. its usually easier to focus at the table if you do more "listening" than "talking" anyway.

Allow me to be blunt:You've made several mistakes.First is thinking that poker is your career.Second is that .........aw crap......never mind. Anyone who uses and can't even spell the word "psychologically" correctly isn't worth the time.Never mind.

Big mistake (if you play as much as you say you do, you should see why). I play live 4-5 days a week and it's not as if I'm driving to these degens houses and bringing them to the game via gunpoint. They're grown men/women, not mentally incapacitated vegetables. I'm pretty sure if you were the big loser in the game, they would be feeling zero guilt, or whatever it is you're feeling for winning. The point is to make money.
try playing more tournaments instead of cash. with no money value on the chips it is more about the competition and game strategy .scotty ngyuyen says he practically never plays cash bc he doesnt feel great about taking money directly outta peoples pockets. he's one of the best ever, so dont feel bad if your somewhat similar.
If you're capable of this sort of mental gymnastics, just pretend that your opponents are evil giant badgers and play in the cash game.
if u must play mostly cash just dont talk too much and try not to get to be good friends with the people.
You can be friends with people when there's money at stake. It can be a problem if the game is too big for their means, but that doesn't have to be the case.
if you feel bad taking money from your opponents, poker isn't for you.