Accord Or Camry?

Had a 2004 Accord for 2 years and absolutley zero problems. I loved it. I unfortunately traded it in to get lower payments. :club: Had the 4cylinder and it didn't matter if I drove 65 with the cruise on or speed racer I always seemed to get 32/33 MPG.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.So now the question is......brand new? or a year old?
Unless you really need the gratification of buying a brand new car I would buy a year old model. Unless there were major differences in body style/options or mechanical problems that were worked out in the newer models you'd be better off getting the year old car. Then again the car industry is in the shit so I'd buy new just to have a car with 12 miles on it.
Please don't lease a car. Ever. It's basically like taking a sucker bet. You'll love the rate when you're driving it but when the lease is up guess what you have 0 equity in the car. At least with a new car after the X amount of months you've driven it you can trade it in or sell it and you have equity in it. Leases are the devil.
not always true
i agree
sorry chrozzo, i disagree.
Unless you want a brand new car every few years with no hassle, want cheap payments, and the car under warranty 100% of the time. Obviously leases aren't for everyone, but they do the trick for some.
this is why I lease.

if you're more concerned about value, resale value, and longterm lack of hassle, you can't really go wrong with a 1-2 year old camry or accord, imo.if you don't give a shit about value and are only concerned about lack of hassle, lease. (ick, though, imo.)if you go used, it's probably more important to go with a specific car's history than it is to go in choosing a model and searching that way.i'm not sure how important the environmental stuff is to you, but it's actually better for the environment to buy a used 30+mpg car than it is to buy a new prius as of now, at least until they get better at manufacturing the batteries.

this is why I lease.
If you're a decent shopper or you have ins with a dealer it is much better to buy. My father went through a 6 year stretch where he had a new car every 18 months and his monthly payments either stayed the same or decreased. Much better than leasing. My car that I've now owned 2 years is still worth almost exactly what I paid for it since I got such a good deal. Not going to find that with a lease.
If you're a decent shopper or you have ins with a dealer it is much better to buy. My father went through a 6 year stretch where he had a new car every 18 months and his monthly payments either stayed the same or decreased. Much better than leasing. My car that I've now owned 2 years is still worth almost exactly what I paid for it since I got such a good deal. Not going to find that with a lease.
What happened after the 6 years?
if you're more concerned about value, resale value, and longterm lack of hassle, you can't really go wrong with a 1-2 year old camry or accord, imo.if you don't give a shit about value and are only concerned about lack of hassle, lease. (ick, though, imo.)if you go used, it's probably more important to go with a specific car's history than it is to go in choosing a model and searching that way.i'm not sure how important the environmental stuff is to you, but it's actually better for the environment to buy a used 30+mpg car than it is to buy a new prius as of now, at least until they get better at manufacturing the batteries.
If you buy a USED car with GOOD resale value... YOU are the one that just got screwed. If a car has good resale value, you should buy a new one and be the pitcher, not the catcher, in the screw job.

A new or a 1-2 year old Accord or Camry is essentially the same thing as long as you get it from a reputable place. You likely won't have issues with either model, or for that matter, most non Chrysler makes period. I personally would never buy a new car again since it depreciates so fast in those first 1-2 years, but tons of people don't care about that and want to be the first driver, and that's fine.The industry is going to make money whether or not you lease, buy new, buy used, finance, don't finance, whatever. Do what is best for you situation and don't worry about how much money they are making.To say leases are bad for everyone is ridiculous. It would be like saying that no one should ever live in an apartment. There are situations where it is the right thing to do, and if you want it and it has value to YOU, how can you be getting screwed?

My father went through a 6 year stretch where he had a new car every 18 months and his monthly payments either stayed the same or decreased.
This is the preterite tense. It means the thing happened and is now over.
Today happened? I don't understand the question. He has been doing this for 6 years.
This is the present perfect progressive tense. The thing started in the past, is still happening, and may continue. It's different.

Relevance to this discussion is minimal but we owned both a 1986 Honda Accord and a 1988 Toyota Camry. The Accord had problems in cold weather with the carburator because it would ice up. Never had that problem with the Camry. We got rid of the Accord so have no idea if it's still running. But the Camry is still going strong through us and our daughter's ownership of it. You can't kill it and believe me my son-in-law has tried. So if I were to choose again I'd choose the Toyota. Also my other daughter had an 1984 Corolla that was still going strong even after she sold it and it went through the guy who bought it plus his teenage son and the only reason it stopped running is that the son rolled it in 2006.

SUVKeep your mother safe
Forget the SUV! I want one of these mighty buffalo killers. The Billings GazetteWednesday, April 15, 2009 7:19 PM MDT Maureen Edgerton was "rejoicing" that she was almost home Saturday night after a long drive from Missoula to West Yellowstone when her car collided with a herd of bison on Highway 191."I'm still having nightmares," she said. "To rocket through them -- there were just these huge, grinding sounds."Edgerton's 2007 Ford Fusion was totaled in the collision, but she received only minor injuries. Four bison were killed immediately, and a Montana Department of Livestock officer shot and killed three others that were injured. The dead bison, a mix of cows and calves, were taken to the dump, according to Edgerton.The crash was one of three over three days that left 15 bison dead, all struck on the same stretch of Highway 191."I can't think of an occurrence since I've been here as significant as that," said Al Nash, park spokesman.According to the Montana Department of Transportation, there have been 18 vehicle vs. wildlife collisions on the same 10-mile stretch of highway north of West Yellowstone in the past five years; 14 of them involved bison. The state, however, does not keep track of how many animals are killed in each collision and noted that such incidents are underreported. The bison migrate out of Yellowstone National Park in the spring to give birth to their calves and graze on snow-free ground in the Horse Butte area, a peninsula that juts into Hebgen Lake just north of West Yellowstone. The bison are also attracted to snow-free forage alongside the highway and for its ease of travel compared with the crusty snow in the forest.Signs warning of wildlife on the roadway and a spring speed limit reduced to 55 mph on the stretch north of West Yellowstone have been enacted to lessen the chance of such accidents. Members of the Buffalo Field Campaign often patrol the stretch to warn drivers when bison are on the highway."Obviously we can't be there all the time," said Mike Mease, of the Buffalo Field Campaign, a nonprofit bison advocacy group.Mease estimated there were already 200 to 250 bison in the Horse Butte region, but there are another 100 head about 7 miles inside the park that could also move to the calving area, he said.Edgerton's accident was the first of three in three days. On Monday morning between 4 and 6, a GMC Yukon driven by Grant Edgcomb, of California, struck and killed one bison, and a semitrailer struck and killed seven more. Edgcomb was not injured. No information was available on the truck driver.Amazingly, Edgerton, 51, suffered relatively minor injuries -- a cut to her hand, bruising from her seat belt and the airbag's deployment and she's still picking tiny shards of the windshield out of her head."It's a sad happening," she said. "I'm bummed to take out all of those bison."Both of the car's front quarter panels were caved in, as was the hood. A tuft of bison fur stuck to the windshield, which was shattered. The side mirrors and door handles were sheared off."The things that saved me was I was going the same direction as the bison and I didn't swerve," she said.Edgerton was impressed with how well her vehicle held up in the crash. Her husband, Doug, wrote Ford Motor Co. praising the car's construction. With the insurance check she got, Edgerton has already ordered a new Fusion."It saved my life," she said.

I like Ford quite a bit- and not just because I live near their Chicago plant, or because I bought a bunch of Sub $2 shares and sold 3/4 of them just today for $5.21...During the 1980's and 1990's, the American autos earned every scrap of awful reputation they presently bear . They've since brought it up in a big way, but its too little too late, as consumer sentiments have already shifted and it will take another generation for them to have a chance to shift them back. Anyway, don't write off Ford all together. Consider them,

I like Ford quite a bit- and not just because I live near their Chicago plant, or because I bought a bunch of Sub $2 shares and sold 3/4 of them just today for $5.21...During the 1980's and 1990's, the American autos earned every scrap of awful reputation they presently bear . They've since brought it up in a big way, but its too little too late, as consumer sentiments have already shifted and it will take another generation for them to have a chance to shift them back. Anyway, don't write off Ford all together. Consider them,
I'm sure historical Anti-Semitism is a bonus for you, too.
Today happened? I don't understand the question. He has been doing this for 6 years.
ah lol. I misunderstood. You said he went through a six year stretch, if you had the said the past 6 yrs then it would have been clear.
heheheheheawesome
shut up chrozzo :club: ah, I can't be mad at you, you're such a funny guy.
This is the preterite tense. It means the thing happened and is now over.This is the present perfect progressive tense. The thing started in the past, is still happening, and may continue. It's different.
ah yah, what basejester said lol. I intuitively knew that stuff. :club: