Craigslist Killer

.. but I knew him. I went to Albany for the first 3 semesters of college and that was where I originally got into poker. I played a ton, and most of times didn't go to classes because there was a game going, or I was too tired from a game that ran late, etc. I lived on a quad where a lot of us were very close, going to eat together, going out to bars, classes, and of course poker. I had a whole section of my buddy list and phone book dedicated to my poker contacts, and most nights we would grab dinner, and meet somewhere and play. If the game ended early we'd go out and hit the bars together.This kid Phil, who we jokingly called Phil Hellmuth for no other reason than his name and his sunglasses that he wore no matter what, was one of the first people I called to get a game going. I didn't hang out with him much other than poker, or our trips to the bar afterwards, and we didnt speak about much besides poker and general school stuff, but I saw this kid at least 3x a week for a year. Words can not describe how creepy it is seeing the footage of this kid on TV from security cameras and court sessions. Not to mention kids I knew and was friends with in Albany doing interviews about it on TV, talking about how normal he seemed.That's probably the only word I can find in my head to describe this kid. Normal. One of those people that if you met him once, you would never think twice about him. He was quiet, but he did talk and laugh and have a good time like everyone else. He was nice, but not to the point where it would stand out in your head. He was smart, but wasn't the type to turn down a night out. He played cards, but not real well or real bad. Just an overall "blah" kind of guy. I mean pure statistics say that eventually someone I knew at some point would do something like this or wind up in jail, but if I had to form a list of people I would predict would do something like that, he probably wouldn't be on it. Because I wouldn't think of him.Today is a very weird day, and I feel truly sorry for the hooker community, of which I am an avid supporter.

Pretty shocking and scary stuff. I only actually looked into the story after hearing your relation to the guy.I really hope he did it. He's basically already guilty in the eyes of the world and his life is forever over. I hope he deserves what he's getting.

Pretty shocking and scary stuff. I only actually looked into the story after hearing your relation to the guy.I really hope he did it. He's basically already guilty in the eyes of the world and his life is forever over. I hope he deserves what he's getting.
The evidence they have is pretty convincing - CCTV footage, email address linked to his residence etc.
Agreed. Unappallingly amusing loogster - well done.
So he got back some of the 83% respect that he lost earlier?

well huh.

Investigators are looking into gambling as the possible motivation for a Boston medical student accused of targeting women who advertised erotic services on Craigslist, luring them into hotels to rob them and killing one woman who fought back.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_craigslist_killing

Yeah, I had a similar experience in high school. I played football for my senior year. And there was this guy on the team that was just a monster. He had no fear and just loved the game. He was a little crazy and loved to get in fights and it was a good thing to be on his good side. Well fast forward two years and I am watching the evening news and sure enough here is that guy getting arrested for some apparent drug/murder scheme. I think he ended up gettin 20 years.I know it is not the exact same ... but it is weird when you see someone you knew getting arrested and then convicted for a crime.

Yeah, I had a similar experience in high school. I played football for my senior year. And there was this guy on the team that was just a monster. He had no fear and just loved the game. He was a little crazy and loved to get in fights and it was a good thing to be on his good side. Well fast forward two years and I am watching the evening news and sure enough here is that guy getting arrested for some apparent drug/murder scheme. I think he ended up gettin 20 years.I know it is not the exact same ... but it is weird when you see someone you knew getting arrested and then convicted for a crime.
It's weird, a good friend's brother is a cop around here, and 3 people I went to high school with are locked up doing 15+, 4 more on probation or some other sort of garbage. It's not like I live in the hood either. It's long island, not the Brooklyn projects.But this dude was the first to be a national story, and the first going in for murder. Crazy stuff.

so...saying if i posted a listing on there asking $24.99 to brutally murder you.....would i be in trouble?or have a dozen other ppl already done thatand say if someone actually pain the $24.99 for it....would i be legally bound to perform such an act?your thoughts...

so...saying if i posted a listing on there asking $24.99 to brutally murder you.....would i be in trouble?or have a dozen other ppl already done thatand say if someone actually pain the $24.99 for it....would i be legally bound to perform such an act?your thoughts...
I really have no idea what you're talking about.