13 people total, top 3 get paid so we're on the bubble. I had been card dead for most of the tournament, and clawed my way back from about 4 big blinds when we were 6 handed. I'd played with button the whole time, and they were a huge donk who had gotten very lucky. No Sharkscope information on them, and I'm pretty sure it was their first O8 tournament. Cake Poker Pot-limit Omaha Hi/Lo Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (4 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton (t6068)Hero (SB) (t4163)BB (t5415)UTG (t3854)Hero's M: 13.88Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 :D, 10 :3h, 5 :4h, 3 :spade:UTG calls t200, Button calls t200, Hero calls t100, BB checksFlop: (t800) 5 :D, 5 :qh, 4 :club:(4 players)Hero bets t800, 1 fold, UTG calls t800, Button raises to t4000, Hero calls t3163 (All-In), 1 foldTurn: (t9526) K :ts(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t9526) 6 :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t9526I'm sure it's not a huge surprise what happened here, but I'll hold off on the results anyway. Did I play this correctly? I'm trying to figure out if I had the right tournament strategy in mind when I played this hand.

Dude, that hand is absolute garbage - not even worth the small blind discount. The risk of a hand like that greatly outweighs the reward.As played that is a very marginal spot to be getting it in on the bubble because it is a one-way hand (barring two perfect cards on the turn and river). You're kind of stuck because I'm not sure you can fold trips there, but I typically try to avoid putting my tourney life on the line with a one-way hand (and a somewhat vulnerable one at that) since you'll be risking a bustout for half the pot.

13 people total, top 3 get paid so we're on the bubble. I had been card dead for most of the tournament, and clawed my way back from about 4 big blinds when we were 6 handed. I'd played with button the whole time, and they were a huge donk who had gotten very lucky. No Sharkscope information on them, and I'm pretty sure it was their first O8 tournament. Cake Poker Pot-limit Omaha Hi/Lo Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (4 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton (t6068)Hero (SB) (t4163)BB (t5415)UTG (t3854)Hero's M: 13.88Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 :D , 10 :qh , 5 :4h , 3 :5c UTG calls t200, Button calls t200, Hero calls t100, BB checksFlop: (t800) 5 :D , 5 :D , 4 :club:(4 players)Hero bets t800, 1 fold, UTG calls t800, Button raises to t4000, Hero calls t3163 (All-In), 1 foldTurn: (t9526) K :ts(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t9526) 6 :3h(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t9526I'm sure it's not a huge surprise what happened here, but I'll hold off on the results anyway. Did I play this correctly? I'm trying to figure out if I had the right tournament strategy in mind when I played this hand.
meh I don't mind limping in the SB, but obviously I wouldn't mind a fold here either. After the flop I think I'd go with a check call depending on action and try to get to show down cheaply unless I improve. Shoving on a safe turn card maybe is an option as well but prob not the play I'd go with in a "Tourney Setting"

I'd probably go for the check-call as well. Interesting how Button raised the amount needed to put both his opponents all in rather than just pushing himself. He actually took the time to enter a specific amount, or slide the slider to the right spot. Not sure why that's relevant, but it is interesting.

I'd probably go for the check-call as well. Interesting how Button raised the amount needed to put both his opponents all in rather than just pushing himself. He actually took the time to enter a specific amount, or slide the slider to the right spot. Not sure why that's relevant, but it is interesting.
I usually do that when I am way ahead. Like Stone Cold Nuts ahead. Or have such a huge stack that it doesn't matter.

Villain had 4h 3h 4c Jd, flopping the boat.I'd seen him shove with as little as a naked non-nut low draw, so I was actually happy to see him re-raise me there. Sounds like I still should have kept the discipline to lay it down though.

tend to believe people when they tell you they have trips, especially at the lower limits. so you got no low going for you and he almost certainly has a better kicker if he isn't already filled up. a lot of players check trips when they hit then from the blinds hoping somebody will bluff at the flop. while i can see how this can be a good idea i dont like it on a two low flop. in your hand i would bet $600 at the flop and fold to a raise. if somebody just calls you are in a very tricky situation. depending on the player i almost couldn't fault you for check/folding. and yes that hand is trash. muck even from small blind in limped pot. in o8 if you never played a hand without an ace in it you're not giving up that much (i'm not recommending you never play a hand without an ace, i'm just giving an exaggerated example to illustrate a point).