Help Me Name My Poker Bar League (ok we got that)

My oh my what progress can be made in a months time.I looked at the date I started this thread and it was April 19th, hard to believe it's just been a month cause so much has been doneI realize that the majority don't care, but I thought I would give some updates for those that do:Wrote a 20 page business planRegistered the company name with the secretary of state and filed and was approved for LLC status so the company name is officially Last Call Poker League, LLC.Set up a PO BoxDesigned business cards and got 250 printed for startersRegistered two domainsMet with attorney to understand the legalities and contracts side of the business and got a clear understanding of 'gambling laws' to make sure I did not cross any linesMet with a CPA to understand all the tax, business numbers, IRS, etc side of things.Purchased QuickbooksMet with a HR/Payroll agency to understand employee taxes and differences between Contractors/Employees etc.Met with several bar owners that currently host poker to understand a little better the sales/marketing side from their point of viewMet with a Design Agency to get ideas about brochures to leave with bar ownersMet with a few potential sponsors around town including beer distributor and local poker product distributor.Hired a web developer to do some backend databasing for me for the leaderboards and FPP store engines (site is almost done and I'm pumped, its gonna be sweet, cant wait to share it!)Went to a promotional company and got some embroidered shirts/hats made (pictures at end of this post)Bought a cheap refurbished laptop to run tournament director software onPurchased Commercial Version of Tournament DirectorDid a way with the A CHIP AND A BEER slogan on promotional products, but am leaving it on the web.Set up myspace, facebook and twitter business groups so I'll be ready on the 'viral marketing' side when I launch.Getting some custom T-shirts, Playing Cards, and Custom Pint Beer Glasses made for prizes and promotional give awaysOrdered custom poker chips and copags (pictures at end of this post)Evaluating what tables I am going to be usingMy goal is to have my first event launched the week of July 6th. I'm sure there is some stuff I'm forgetting but it's late so that should do for now.Here are a few picture:Embroidered Shirts and Hat:swag.jpgEmbroidery before I did away with the slogan .....embroid.jpgSome of the Chips (front has logo and back has denomination):racks.jpgClose up view of the front of the chip:hotstamp.jpgThanks again to all the FCP'ers who helped with their ideas on potential company names and logos ...................
Wow you have been a busy man. Hope it works out well for you.p.s. lose the stache
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you have 2 aces of the same suit?made ya look!
shewww, didnt want to have to ename the company to Mis Deal Poker League, LLC
  • 4 months later...

Well this whole thing took a lot longer to get off and running then I originally had planned, mainly because of my procrastination, but Last Call Poker League's first tournament will be held this Saturday!I want to throw out a sincere thanks once again to everyone at FCP for helping me run with this idea. Everything from the company name, the logo, the tshirt designs, etc originated from FCP. Extra special thanks go Gov for his artistic abilities.Daniel himself along with Seth (cardcore), PokerVT, Bluff Magazine and a few others have helped out with sponsorship deals or endorsements and that has helped build some marketing avenues and instant credibility that otherwise would have taken a lot longer to build.The website is up at http://www.lastcallpokerleague.com and you won't be able to fully appreciate the databasing and full design until after the first weeks results are entered after this Saturdays tournament, but I'm very happy with the way all of this turned out.A year from now I hope to say this is generating some serious revenue.Thanks again!

Well this whole thing took a lot longer to get off and running then I originally had planned, mainly because of my procrastination, but Last Call Poker League's first tournament will be held this Saturday!I want to throw out a sincere thanks once again to everyone at FCP for helping me run with this idea. Everything from the company name, the logo, the tshirt designs, etc originated from FCP. Extra special thanks go Gov for his artistic abilities.Daniel himself along with Seth (cardcore), PokerVT, Bluff Magazine and a few others have helped out with sponsorship deals or endorsements and that has helped build some marketing avenues and instant credibility that otherwise would have taken a lot longer to build.The website is up at http://www.lastcallpokerleague.com and you won't be able to fully appreciate the databasing and full design until after the first weeks results are entered after this Saturdays tournament, but I'm very happy with the way all of this turned out.A year from now I hope to say this is generating some serious revenue.Thanks again!
Does everyone that plays have to equipped with a moustache?
no, but bonus chips are awarded if they do obv. double if female
Lol. That website and league looks awesome. I wish something like this was available in my area. Nice DNA and GL. I sometimes travel to the Nashville area for business, so hopefully there's a chance I can get to one of these.

OK. I've got a question. This may be stupid, but how do you generate revenue when there are no entry fees?And you couldn't have found a better pic of DN. He looks like a serial killer.

OK. I've got a question. This may be stupid, but how do you generate revenue when there are no entry fees?
Not stupid at all, probably most common question I'm asked.It's basically just a marketing event for the establishment similar to karaoke or trivia or whatever they do on nights to try and draw crowds in.The bar pays me a per person fee for every person I bring into their establishment and they gain advertising and of course the biggee ... all revenues from any alcohol, food, drink sales that each person spends while there.I will bring in an average of 30 - 50 people per tournament and there are two tournaments back to back that totals about a 4 - 5 hour timespan.

Ughhh...that structure...paaaaaaainfulllll...reminds me of Morongo's.But that's the only thing I'd gripe about if I was a part of this in TN :DGL sir hope it's a huge success!

Ughhh...that structure...paaaaaaainfulllll...reminds me of Morongo's.But that's the only thing I'd gripe about if I was a part of this in TN :DGL sir hope it's a huge success!
Oh it's a definitely donkfest and at the end a luckfest/card catching contestThe tournaments are designed to last 2 - 2 1/2 hours max. It is not uncommon to find a final table of 10 people with a TOTAL of 28BB or less in play meaning the average stack is 2.8BB :club: My favorite part is when people limp fold at that level. EEEEeeeeEEEEeee!
Oh it's a definitely donkfest and at the end a luckfest/card catching contestThe tournaments are designed to last 2 - 2 1/2 hours max. It is not uncommon to find a final table of 10 people with a TOTAL of 28BB or less in play meaning the average stack is 2.8BB :club:My favorite part is when people limp fold at that level. EEEEeeeeEEEEeee!
I played bar poker for about 6 months in the Pensacola, FL area. The only thing better than the 5BB limp/folders are the squeezers who let their stack get blinded down to nothing (folding literally anything but AA), are forced all in and then of course quadruple up and go on to win the tourney.And that structure is 100% standard for bar leagues, pretty decent until that small jump from 200-400 to 500-1000.Edit: Caught this on your rules page..."If you do not make a verbal declaration then you must place all your betting chips in the middle in one motion. You may place chips and then go back to your stack to grab more chips. "Should that say "You may not..."
I'm still sticking with my Poker Bar League idea so you can combine these..imgname--are_you_mentally_prepared_when_you_play_poker---50226711--4acepokercarte.jpgtb_busy_bar.jpgpremier-league-logo.gifShip the dough to someone random. Thanks

Thought I would share .....Had my first bar league game today and it was a great success in my mind. Had 21 people the first game and 26 the second. Pretty damn good imo for first week and without full word of mouth work yet. The game I play at on Mondays has been going on for YEARS at the same location and its at a much better time and rarely breaks 16 - 20 people.Lots of great feedback and everyone said they had a great time, impressed with the setup and will be back with more people.Here are a few pictures I tookfb9fe9a8c8c098e1c993facf2a167810.jpgea0a17e9f206ca5a82cc86fabbfc719c.jpgGame 1 winner437238a8f77d44f033e0fbd9b58c5567.jpgGame 2 winnere3632eab69c8849e66a5c2014fd2deb3.jpgWebsite is in full effect now including how the leaderboard works and you can click on the winners to see profile information (once they enter it) http://www.lastcallpokerleague.com

Congrats on such a great site! Very functional and great links to fb, twitter etc. Great idea to get players involved with the leader board and their info etcLooks like you have everything covered and more. Best of luck! It looks like it will be a success. :club:

Thought I would share .....Had my first bar league game today and it was a great success in my mind. Had 21 people the first game and 26 the second. Pretty damn good imo for first week and without full word of mouth work yet. The game I play at on Mondays has been going on for YEARS at the same location and its at a much better time and rarely breaks 16 - 20 people.Lots of great feedback and everyone said they had a great time, impressed with the setup and will be back with more people.Here are a few pictures I tookfb9fe9a8c8c098e1c993facf2a167810.jpgea0a17e9f206ca5a82cc86fabbfc719c.jpgGame 1 winner437238a8f77d44f033e0fbd9b58c5567.jpgGame 2 winnere3632eab69c8849e66a5c2014fd2deb3.jpgWebsite is in full effect now including how the leaderboard works and you can click on the winners to see profile information (once they enter it) http://www.lastcallpokerleague.com
Congrats and the site looks great as well.
  • 4 months later...

Just felt like sharing an update, things are going and growing slowly but surely.We have two nights per week going now with 4 tournaments per week.Our average turnout is 25 - 35 per event now.Have 2 more new weekly nights hopefully coming within the next 45 days which will add 4 more tournaments per week.Got my first website advertisement commercial done, not sure if this facebook works for everyone, but hopefully it does ....http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video...id=324538784667Would love feedback on that.Can't remember if I had Budweiser as a sponsor before when I posted last, but they are on board now which is awesome, they are not only giving me their name, but also doing advertisements in my locations as well as additional prize giveaways. Here is a crappy camera phone image I took ....22635_261230204904_786874904_3042781_3922748_n.jpgAnywho, just wanted to update people cause FCP has just about everything to do with me being able to start this business.