Rebuilding My Nl Game

Just havn't been playing much or very well, mostly mixed games cause it's fun.Have to start to get back to meat and potatoes poker, keeping track, thinking more.Think I know what needs to be done, sry if this is blogish.

I'd be interested in hearing/discussing your game plan. What are you going to start with?
Well I have $408.76 on PS but could put in some more if needed.Thought i'd start at $50NL full ring.Keep it down to 4 tables or less to pick up things and avoid being a bot.Install/use PT again.Thinking of trying out DC or similar.Finding the time has always been the big thing, might have some now/soon.

Since you're trying to break down your game, and build it back up again, maybe you should stick to 1 or 2 tables, so you can really focus on your play, and the play of the other players. When you're tinkering with your game, the less tables the better.

Just havn't been playing much or very well, mostly mixed games cause it's fun.Have to start to get back to meat and potatoes poker, keeping track, thinking more.Think I know what needs to be done, sry if this is blogish.
I know what you mean. I'm beginning to come round to that way of thinking.
Since you're trying to break down your game, and build it back up again, maybe you should stick to 1 or 2 tables, so you can really focus on your play, and the play of the other players. When you're tinkering with your game, the less tables the better.
Ya four tables might be too many for this.BR, don't care about the $s but will try some $25NL to see how it goes but could be a bore.Got to keep interest more than 400 hands at one sitting are too many right now.
BR, don't care about the $s but will try some $25NL to see how it goes but could be a bore.
It's not about the $. It's about that no matter if you play fantastic or not you can still go broke playing 50nl on a $400 roll. If you want to rebluid your game start at something important like BR management.
It's not about the $. It's about that no matter if you play fantastic or not you can still go broke playing 50nl on a $400 roll. If you want to rebluid your game start at something important like BR management.
I think his point is that if he lost all the money that he currently had online he wouldn't be broke, he would just have to deposit more.

Played last night, max 3 tables 877 hands of $50NLDidn't import my old PT data base, don't think knowing what a player was doing 2-5 years ago would help me much now and might even hurt.Managed to keep focus while half watching Chihuahua movies with a 5 year old who fell asleep quickly.Was too argo but some of players were making obvious moves that needed to be played back at.PT stats 25.8/15.4/56.5This has almost nothing to do with BR it's got everything to do with -being in the right place in my head, -finding out how much the game has changed in the last 3 years since I last played seriously. -how much I've lost due to rust.Mistakes made-didn't size several bets right wrt pot size making the calls too easy-called all in with TPTK (AK) against a set when I knew he had itChart18_APR_09.jpg

I week into this and knowing that I'm going to post my results really helps me to stop doing something stupid. That may be 80% of my leaks right there.So far I'm a 20.7/12.5/56.3Are these normal?Been playing a basic SS1 style holdem and scooping a lot of pots no one wants. May be a bit too agro still but it's working.Graph24_APR_09.jpg

I week into this and knowing that I'm going to post my results really helps me to stop doing something stupid. That may be 80% of my leaks right there.So far I'm a 20.7/12.5/56.3Are these normal?Been playing a basic SS1 style holdem and scooping a lot of pots no one wants. May be a bit too agro still but it's working.Graph24_APR_09.jpg
which stat are you using as your 3rd stat?most people use aggression factor.Try tightening up the gap between the PFR and the VPIP. 20.7 should correspond with a PFR% of 17-18 if you want to keep your PFR at 12.5...your VPIP should be 14-15
which stat are you using as your 3rd stat?most people use aggression factor.Try tightening up the gap between the PFR and the VPIP. 20.7 should correspond with a PFR% of 17-18 if you want to keep your PFR at 12.5...your VPIP should be 14-15
I feel that I've been PFRing and VP$IP a bit too much and should bring them down a notch., Those are the default PT Stats in the summary VP$IP/PFR/W$SDAF is 3.83Here are all my PT stats VP$IP,20.71PFR, 12.55W$WSF, 43.17WTSD, 21.52AF, 3.83AFq, 52.813Bet, 2.93Fold 3B, 56.25Att To Steal, 27.72Fold to BB Steal 67.44Fold to SB Steal 75.86
I feel that I've been PFRing and VP$IP a bit too much and should bring them down a notch., Those are the default PT Stats in the summary VP$IP/PFR/W$SDAF is 3.83Here are all my PT stats VP$IP,20.71PFR, 12.55W$WSF, 43.17WTSD, 21.52AF, 3.83AFq, 52.813Bet, 2.93Fold 3B, 56.25Att To Steal, 27.72Fold to BB Steal 67.44Fold to SB Steal 75.86
Is this at FR? I'm a 6-max guy but my guess is that you're losing a lot of money by calling too much from the SB and BB to preflop raises, which would also explain the significant gap between your VPIP and PFR, one that's often subconscious as you could be raising most other hands you're entering. But I'd say if you could get those up to 80-90 you'd see a dramatic improvement.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just over 10,000 handsOverall I'm a 21/12/3.2Tried to bring my VPIP down arround hand 4500 but that threw everything out of step.Since the begining of the month last 2000 hands I'm a 28.8/18.3/3.7 and have been following the play making notes and taking a lot of pots that I was behind on and maximizing value when I've got the best of it. Have goten stacked a couple of times when I knew better but can't see making those particular mistakes again.Table slection has improved now that my data base is growing.Watched a couple of videos on duces cracked and was able to add a move or two to my game.More changes will have to be made that will hurt over the short term.All hands played were full ring $50NLCHART5_MAY_09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like I've been in a bit of a rut with my cash game.All $50NLH full ring.15_MAY_09.jpgSo I've been trying some step tournaments to mix things up, have four step 3 tickets now and will try to take them to step four and stop ther.Will have to sit down at a 8-game table to kick start my poker brain a bit.When I get back to cash games will put a table limit at 3 so I won't screw up.