went to the midnight showing. i live in a small town so no long lines...movie was great; second only to Empire Strikes Back.so sad to watch though...2 thumbs up

saw Revenge of the Sith this afternoon. I loved it. Really one of the better Star Wars films released. If you have seen them then you really need to go see it. The last 1/3 of it is just great

Guest XXEddie
i've actually never seen any part of a star wars movieis that wrong?
Im almost with you, was chilling with some friends...bout 10AM one goes"hey lets watch all the SW movies"(Episodes 1 4 5 6)wow.......not too goodthe first wasnt bad though, but you not missing anything spectacualrBTW....I heard there were numberous decapitations....that true

I'm not a huge fan of these movies, but I liked the originals. I've been looking forward to this one because I've been hearing how dark it was going to be for years. Now, the last movie I saw in theaters was Sin City. So now I know I'll be disappointed because no matter how many limbs fly, or heads roll, this movie will seem tame.

I saw this one in downtown Vegas at 12:05 am. It was the only free time I spent not playing poker. Awesome show. I'm not taking my kids. I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.

I saw this one in downtown Vegas at 12:05 am.  It was the only free time I spent not playing poker.  Awesome show.  I'm not taking my kids.  I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.
how old are your kids Nikki. I thought that the violence in it wasn't too bad since any kid that plays video games has seen much worse
I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.that much violence?maybe i should go check it out  :think:
Yeah. Indiscriminate violence. Very sad, somewhat hard to watch. Still, a great movie. It really makes you understand why things are the way they are in number 4. Vader is really a tragic character.
I saw this one in downtown Vegas at 12:05 am.  It was the only free time I spent not playing poker.  Awesome show.  I'm not taking my kids.  I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.
how old are your kids Nikki. I thought that the violence in it wasn't too bad since any kid that plays video games has seen much worse
Mine are 9 and 5. They play some pc games, but we don't have a modern console system. The pc games have some violence, but it's not what I'd call "graphic". I felt like Episode 3 is borderline for them. Some of it was difficult to watch, just because of who the violence is perpetrated on.
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm a big star wars fan anyway, but, i cannot get over how much i absolutely LOVE this movie... goddamn it's really really good.

I was a little disappointed in it actually. I wanted to see more of Annakin's move to the dark side. It seemed like it was too quick. Too lightning striking kind of fast. I mean, he was going to spare Mace's life and turn him in because Jedi's don't murder then in the very next scene (or pretty quick anyway) he's killing children?? WTF?? There should have been more psychological stuff in between. It made me not feel tragic for Annakin and I so wanted to feel that.

I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.that much violence?maybe i should go check it out :think:
Yeah. Indiscriminate violence. Very sad, somewhat hard to watch. Still, a great movie. It really makes you understand why things are the way they are in number 4. Vader is really a tragic character.
Nikki, would you go so far too say that the Star Wars Trilogy is a tragedy with Darth Vader as the tragic hero? What about Episode 4 independently. Anyone else feel free to respond, I'm just a hopeless English student.
I'll wait until DVD so I can edit for their sake.that much violence?maybe i should go check it out :think:
Nikki, would you go so far too say that the Star Wars Trilogy is a tragedy with Darth Vader as the tragic hero? What about Episode 4 independently. Anyone else feel free to respond, I'm just a hopeless English student.
That's what I was saying above. I wanted Annakin to be a tragic hero but it was hard to sympathize because they made the good to evil switch without us seeing any torture that caused it. To be a tragic hero we have to understand that while the character is doing something wrong we might have done the same in his shoes. We have to see the torture of the soul. They didn't give us that in Episode 3. IMHO.
That's what I was saying above. I wanted Annakin to be a tragic hero but it was hard to sympathize because they made the good to evil switch without us seeing any torture that caused it. To be a tragic hero we have to understand that while the character is doing something wrong we might have done the same in his shoes. We have to see the torture of the soul. They didn't give us that in Episode 3. IMHO.
Renae, but wasn't the scenario surounding his child be cause for tragedy? The possible death of a loved one can alter the mind so that it might do anything to save that life. It seems to me that he then became the human tragic hero we find in art.
I was a little disappointed in it actually.  I wanted to see more of Annakin's move to the dark side.  It seemed like it was too quick.  Too lightning striking kind of fast.  I mean, he was going to spare Mace's life and turn him in because Jedi's don't murder then in the very next scene (or pretty quick anyway) he's killing children?? WTF??  There should have been more psychological stuff in between.  It made me not feel tragic for Annakin and I so wanted to feel that.
I agree one hundred percent, they could have not made episode one, taken some of episode two and made it episode one, and made epidsode two the start of the slide toward evil, with epiode three being his giving in to the evil. But they did make it way too white, then black... On the other hand, evil kicked some serious ass, and I'm a big fan of evil. The emporor was the evil bad a$$ I always knew he would be...