Opinion About This Hand Please.

I don't think I would ever fold an overpair at $2nl. What I would do is raise more on the flop. There are straight draws and flush draws out there that need to be punished. I raise to about 55-60c on the flop. Not much other strategy here

I would actually call the turn when the the third diamond hits. He led out twice into the preflop raiser. If he has 2 pair it's probably 910 so you picking up 2 pair on the turn doesn't really help. On the turn you are pretty much beat by everything (any ten, flush, full house). If you hit the diamond on the river (which you did) I would make a crying call only. I would fold any non diamond/non king river. It sucks but remember on the turn you have 1 pair against a paired board with three suits on it. Because it's an over pair doesn't change the fact it's just 1 pair.edit: NEVER folding an over pair in $2NL is not a great strategy. You aren't gonna learn how to re-evaluate hands if you constantly put it all in with AA KK or QQ without thinking.

I would actually call the turn when the the third diamond hits. He led out twice into the preflop raiser. If he has 2 pair it's probably 910 so you picking up 2 pair on the turn doesn't really help. On the turn you are pretty much beat by everything (any ten, flush, full house). If you hit the diamond on the river (which you did) I would make a crying call only. I would fold any non diamond/non king river. It sucks but remember on the turn you have 1 pair against a paired board with three suits on it. Because it's an over pair doesn't change the fact it's just 1 pair.edit: NEVER folding an over pair in $2NL is not a great strategy. You aren't gonna learn how to re-evaluate hands if you constantly put it all in with AA KK or QQ without thinking.
Most of the time i have no problem to fold KK, AA KA or QQ if i know i've already lost. But on this one i didn't seen anything coming. When i hit the flush i thought i had the best hand. i didn't even think he could had a full.
Most of the time i have no problem to fold KK, AA KA or QQ if i know i've already lost. But on this one i didn't seen anything coming. When i hit the flush i thought i had the best hand. i didn't even think he could had a full.
Sometimes you lose with a good hand. I don't know that you play this any different at $2 NL, other than being more aggressive on the flop.
I agree here. I saw the turn reraise and thought it was questionable, although he probably would have gotten you all in on the river, it is a better play in general. on the flop, based on his bets, i would have put him on AT or something similar... the turn would have given my likely opponent trips, having KK beat, and then there are chances that the A is the diamond too, so based on your bet on the river & based on your opponent's playing style, you need to evaluate the hand from there.I would have put him on the wrong hand, but may have saved a bit of the stack in the process. Cold deck, but it could be played a little differently, probably no choice on going to the river though unless you had a good read, and generally, the hand wasn't played poorly, as you made a good hand on the river, which beats most of your opponent's possible hands, ones which he would be willing to go in with probably.

Raising the turn accomplishes nothing, you will only get called by better at that point. 9x is certainly not going to call down.Raise more on the flop, as another poster said, too many draws, and you want to discourage people from leading weak into you as the PFR.Call turn, and call all rivers.

• 3 weeks later...