Daniel Prop Bet Brewing On 2+2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I don't get, and maybe DN can shed some light here. Above he said he does not think he is a favorite against 4 of those 5 players. So why play then? I know it's on TV and it's exposure and all that, but he is still a professional poker player and he admittedly has no advantage in this game, unless he can pick on PH a bit.
My guess would be that even though he considers himself an underdog against this lineup, it's not like he's playing them day in and day out.In a single session alone, the others don't have a big enough edge over Daniel, where he is drawing dead. Variance alone could make a micro stakes player come out a winner in that game if the cards go his way.

This bet isn't going to happen, I don't think the guy has any real money to speak of and none of the guys who do would be willing to bet the other side. On one tabling: What a lot of these guys don't get is that while playing 2-3 tables seems really easy to them, they grew up learning how to play poker that way and are comfortable splitting their focus between several games. I honestly have enough trouble focusing on ONE game online and picking up betting patterns, etc. that playing two or three games is very, very confusing to me and I can't keep up with the action. I get that all the kids multi-table, but I grew up playing poker a very different way. When I grew up playing poker there was always a ton of information available on a player, not only before I sat down, but in between hands watching them eat (sounds weird but it's info!), hearing them talk, finding out more about them. The game was much slower obviously, so after playing only 30 hands I had so much more information on my opponents than I would if I played 30 hands online. Adding more tables online only makes it that much harder for me. Many of them clearly underestimate how difficult it can be for a guy who's played live all of his life to get used to the idea that he is looking at little pictures instead of people and pressing buttons instead of using poker chips. My most valuable skill set is unavailable to me online and I'm not going to compound that problem by further confusing myself with even more little pictures and more buttons. I read a post that said I can't beat 10/20 NL online. I replied saying that I'd bet a substantial amount that I could do that over 10,000 hands. That's all I said. I didn't say 75,000 hands, I didn't say multi-tabling, and I didn't say I'd do it in a month! I wasn't bragging, saying that I am a great online player that would crush those guys, all I said was that I'd bet I could beat it over 10,000 hands. That's what I said. Now, if you don't want to accept that offer, fine, but then you should accept the fact that you think I can probably do it and that's why you won't bet it. If you don't think I'm a favorite over 10,000 hands, then simply bet me.

If I'm going to do the bet it would be for fun. I don't feel like playing 40 hours a week because that doesn't seem fun to me at all. I wanna golf, I wanna watch hockey, go to dinner, play the big tourneys... I grinded as a kid so that I DON'T have to do it now.

If I'm going to do the bet it would be for fun. I don't feel like playing 40 hours a week because that doesn't seem fun to me at all. I wanna golf, I wanna watch hockey, go to dinner, play the big tourneys... I grinded as a kid so that I DON'T have to do it now.
I guess I don't get why you would take it at all. It seems like a real pain in the ass to learn a new game ($10/$20 online at PS would pose new opponents, styles, etc.) over a LONG period of time. There are about five vocal (and by vocal, I mean typers) people over on that forum that have said they don't think you can do it. Naturally, they are real gunshy about actually ponying up. I'm not sure why you care what these mopes think. If you think you can beat it then who really cares what these low limit guys think. You've had a televised downswing in the NLHE cash events. Big deal. Go play golf tomorrow instead of sitting at a computer for 6 hours grinding a game you really don't want to play just because a couple wankers called you out on another site. Everyone wants to prove naysayers wrong, but if you haven't done that enough by now this bet won't do it either.

Playing 10K hands one tabling NLHE online poker sounds like the most boring thing in the world. Now if you want to show your chops, play me 100 hands of HU LHE. Loser has to do 10 push ups and post the results of the match in their sig for one month.

If you do end up doing it for fun, I'll throw down a small amount.
Now, if you don't want to accept that offer, fine, but then you should accept the fact that you think I can probably do it and that's why you won't bet it. If you don't think I'm a favorite over 10,000 hands, then simply bet me.
No, I dont think you can do it. I just dont have the $ to bet on it :club:
Meh.. I know you can do it.. but the " no time frame" clause isnt really fair to the opposite party.. if you wager 1 million and then talk to a great mid-high stakes reg for a month or 2 youd have no problem crushing the game.
Very good point ...

I think It would be a case of wanting it enough. If he takes the bet just to prove a point, and forces himself to play 20,000 hands that he doesn't really want to play of course he won't make it. If he decides its something that he really wants to do, and would enjoy doing it, then no prob, I'd lay money on it.

Playing 10K hands one tabling NLHE online poker sounds like the most boring thing in the world. Now if you want to show your chops, play me 100 hands of HU LHE. Loser has to do 10 push ups and post the results of the match in their sig for one month.
this. now!100 hands is more than enough hands to prove sig superiority.
Against.The game is pretty tough right now and hard to beat without good game selection.
i see hmm i would still have a hard time betting against the big man in any facet of poker...so what's a small amount to a guy like yourself :club: