Daniel Prop Bet Brewing On 2+2

So some high stakes reg called out Daniel on a thread on 2+2 saying he probably couldn't beat 10/20 NL online and Daniel responded saying he would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that he would come out ahead in a 2kNL game online after 10,000 hands.Discuss?Link to thread. (Daniel makes an appearance on page 4)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DN on the prop bet

As long as there isn't a time frame on how long I have to play the 10,000 hands I'll take that bet right now. The bet would obviously have to be big enough to make me want to do that. 10,000 hands is going to take me a while to play. I DON'T multi-table. Get at least $250,000 together and maybe we can get a bet down.

I haven't read the thread or clicked the link, but I think he's gotta be a decent favorite to do better than break even. If they stipulate some kind of win rate, then I'm not so sure.

Daniel has as large an ego as Phil Hellmuth.. Every time someone questions him or comments on his play he has a lot of trouble hiding it and jokes back and acts like he doesn't care.. But he does, it's kinda obvious.. He also always presents himself like he is one of the greatest poker players in the world, like he is part of the few "high stakes sharks" that this world has.. But again, it's kinda obvious that he isn't.. At least Hellmuth doesn't hide his ego and is honest about it.. He's as desillusional about his poker game as Daniel though..
this guy is full of it, Daniel is up front and speaks his mind--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Daniel
I'm just going to address a few things that were mentioned:1) I'd be willing to make a substantial sized bet that I can play 10,000 hands of 10-20 NL online and be ahead after the 10,000th hand. 2) I made it very clear on that show and during PAD that I don't think I'm a favorite against Durr, Ivey, PA, and Gus at NL cash. They all play against each other on a regular basis, know each others games inside and out, and are all great players. I would never rule out the fact that if I dedicated myself to that game that I could improve in areas where I needed to and beat that game. 3) PH claims again and again to be the best NLH player in the world. I call him out on that, why not? I don't ever call out PA, or Durr, or Gus or any of those guys, do you know why? They never make such silly claims. Most people seem afraid to tell PH the truth- I'm not. He simply doesn't have the necessary tools to beat guys who play that game for a living on a regular basis. PH thinks he can, I don't think he has a shot, so I put my money where my mouth is. 4) I'm human, so is Phil Ivey although he's a lot less human than most. I have varying degrees of play, sometimes I play poorly, make awful decisions, pay off in spots when I know I'm beat. On HSP, I'm also a bit spooked too and I think that's pretty natural. I've had some really crazy, strange things happen to me on that show and as much as I'd like to think it has no effect on me, I'd have to say it obviously does. That set gives me the heebie jeebies! I can also play well. I have an F game and an A game, and all the letters in between. Ted Forrest once said the following and I thought it was genius: most poker players compare their BEST game to their opponent's worst game. For example, if they see them play poorly in a session, they wrongly assume that the player is incapable of playing better. That's a mistake. Ted made millions playing cash games because people always had a story about him, "Wow, did you see Ted call two bets on 3 with 8-5-2 rainbow? He's the worst." Ted often looks like a genius or a complete buffoon at a poker table. Assuming that he is "all buffoon" is a mistake people have made against him for years.When judging a player's skill level, Ted taught me to not think in a vacuum. To not assume that if a guy is playing poorly, that he is always going to be an easy target. That mood, bankroll issues, life issues, luck, and fatigue all play a role in the ebb and flow of a player's skill level. During HSP it should be obvious that I was pretty card dead, flop dead, and when I had a little something...I was beat. That alone makes it tough to be creative. Your table image is already shot and moves are to be expected so they become less effective. I made one move with K-9 against Barry G. and he shipped on me with A-K. Had I been winning in the game, it's much less likely that he would have made that play. When you are losing, and your opponents may think you are steaming, you just can't get away with nearly as much as you could if you were ahead. 5) I've been surfing online forums for over 10 years now. After 10 years, you develop some pretty thick skin! I love poker, I talk about poker, and read about poker. When I see a thread where I'm mentioned I'll usually pop in and see what the fuss is about. Then if I feel like adding my two cents, I will, as I just did. Don't kid yourself, though, and think that random posts made by people I don't know will make me cry, lol :-) I can take it, and I don't mind at all. I like all kinds of humor and don't mind being made fun of from time to time. Whether it's my hairline (I'm not bald!), my sexual orientation (I'm not gay, you can safely abandon that fantasy now), and I'm not past my prime in poker (I plan on having a big WSOP this year
well put DN
As long as there isn't a time frame on how long I have to play the 10,000 hands I'll take that bet right now. The bet would obviously have to be big enough to make me want to do that. 10,000 hands is going to take me a while to play. I DON'T multi-table. Get at least $250,000 together and maybe we can get a bet down
you go Daniel you can do it.

75k is a ton of hands being that he probably wouldnt want to go to crazy with the multi tabling...It is an interesting bet though. I think 10k is too small of a sample size to really kill the variance aspect. 25k would be a true assessment of his skill against the competition. But, that could take months for DN to play, especially with the wsop coming up. I would assume he would be able to come out ahead, even though I have no idea how hard these games are because Ive never played anything close to them. Id give him about a 65% chance of succeeding in 10k hands and 75% in 25k hands.

this guy is full of it, Daniel is up front and speaks his mind--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Daniel QUOTE 5) I've been surfing online forums for over 10 years now. After 10 years, you develop some pretty thick skin! I love poker, I talk about poker, and read about poker. When I see a thread where I'm mentioned I'll usually pop in and see what the fuss is about. Then if I feel like adding my two cents, I will, as I just did. Don't kid yourself, though, and think that random posts made by people I don't know will make me cry, lol :-) I can take it, and I don't mind at all. I like all kinds of humor and don't mind being made fun of from time to time. Whether it's my hairline (I'm not bald!), my sexual orientation (I'm not gay, you can safely abandon that fantasy now), and I'm not past my prime in poker (I plan on having a big WSOP this yearwell put DNyou go Daniel you can do it.
I'm outa here...
Besides in the hockey forum, I mean who goes there?
Filthy Canadiansj/k I've never been to Canada, it can very well be filthy though.(edit) I just read the thread on 2+2, it is soooo retarded. I love how people call Daniel a horrible player based on some hands that they see on HSP. Play at a table with him for a few months, and then tell me if he is a horrible player or not. Idiots.

The truth is, the more hands the bet has the more significant my advantage. At 75,000 there is just no way I'd be down. Over 10,000 hands I could actually lose. This is a clear case of them doing what Ted Forrest warns. They watched me play a few sessions of NLH WITH ANTES and are making major assumptions as to how I would approach playing in a 10-20 ring game online, with NO antes! Totally different game, especially with HSP being a high ante game. Not only would I beat that game, I'd do it easily. I'd do it ONE tabling, and actually paying attention. If I actually try, there is just no chance I'd be stuck after 75,000 hands.

Filthy Canadiansj/k I've never been to Canada, it can very well be filthy though.(edit) I just read the thread on 2+2, it is soooo retarded. I love how people call Daniel a horrible player based on some hands that they see on HSP. Play at a table with him for a few months, and then tell me if he is a horrible player or not. Idiots.
Just to let you know Canada is much cleaner than most cities I have been to in the states lolTanner you need to come and visit up here, especially the Rockies and Toronto area

Meh.. I know you can do it.. but the " no time frame" clause isnt really fair to the opposite party.. if you wager 1 million and then talk to a great mid-high stakes reg for a month or 2 youd have no problem crushing the game.

I cant believe what these fools are saying lmao. Just cause you had a losing session on TV all of a sudden you're supposed to be some fish!??? hahaha give me a break, I'd like to see how these clowns do on an episode of HSP. Daniel, if these guys have the guts to bet against you (which they wont), take the challenge. I'd stake my whole roll that you'd come out ahead after 75k hands. wtf is this? lmao give me a break

I think Daniel showed a lot of class and honesty in his thread on 2+2. It seems like games online are pretty tough these days. But I'm confident that like any great poker player, Daniel would adapt as needed.

The truth is, the more hands the bet has the more significant my advantage. At 75,000 there is just no way I'd be down. Over 10,000 hands I could actually lose. This is a clear case of them doing what Ted Forrest warns. They watched me play a few sessions of NLH WITH ANTES and are making major assumptions as to how I would approach playing in a 10-20 ring game online, with NO antes! Totally different game, especially with HSP being a high ante game. Not only would I beat that game, I'd do it easily. I'd do it ONE tabling, and actually paying attention. If I actually try, there is just no chance I'd be stuck after 75,000 hands.
I don't understand why you don't multi-table with your $10k challenge. Most people on 2+2 are lol. What day are you playing the WPT Championship and most importantly what level donkey are you? from my signature :club:
I think Daniel showed a lot of class and honesty in his thread on 2+2. It seems like games online are pretty tough these days. But I'm confident that like any great poker player, Daniel would adapt as needed.
I agree with you Steve, I had watched Daniel over the years it won't take him too long to adapt either. In fact if he watched, played and studied how Durr,Antioius and Company played he would be able to do okay against them as well. If he sets his mind to it he could do it.
I don't understand why you don't multi-table with your $10k challenge. Most people on 2+2 are lol. What day are you playing the WPT Championship and most importantly what level donkey are you? from my signature :club:
Day 2, and a suited donk obv :-)

Best thing about this was hearing about the lineup for the next PAD cash game. Dwan, Ivey, Antonius, Hansen, Hellmuth and Negreanu. That looks pretty tasty...

Yeah, I think DN is a favourite in this bet.but 75k hands 1-tabling? That would take like 4 months playing full time. Any thought to how it would be tracked?And yeah, post on FCP more DN!

Ted made millions playing cash games because people always had a story about him, "Wow, did you see Ted call two bets on 3 with 8-5-2 rainbow? He's the worst." Ted often looks like a genius or a complete buffoon at a poker table. Assuming that he is "all buffoon" is a mistake people have made against him for years.When judging a player's skill level, Ted taught me to not think in a vacuum. To not assume that if a guy is playing poorly, that he is always going to be an easy target. That mood, bankroll issues, life issues, luck, and fatigue all play a role in the ebb and flow of a player's skill level.During HSP it should be obvious that I was pretty card dead, flop dead, and when I had a little something...I was beat. That alone makes it tough to be creative. Your table image is already shot and moves are to be expected so they become less effective. I made one move with K-9 against Barry G. and he shipped on me with A-K. Had I been winning in the game, it's much less likely that he would have made that play. When you are losing, and your opponents may think you are steaming, you just can't get away with nearly as much as you could if you were ahead.
this is gold.
Best thing about this was hearing about the lineup for the next PAD cash game. Dwan, Ivey, Antonius, Hansen, Hellmuth and Negreanu. That looks pretty tasty...
This I don't get, and maybe DN can shed some light here. Above he said he does not think he is a favorite against 4 of those 5 players. So why play then? I know it's on TV and it's exposure and all that, but he is still a professional poker player and he admittedly has no advantage in this game, unless he can pick on PH a bit.
This I don't get, and maybe DN can shed some light here. Above he said he does not think he is a favorite against 4 of those 5 players. So why play then? I know it's on TV and it's exposure and all that, but he is still a professional poker player and he admittedly has no advantage in this game, unless he can pick on PH a bit.
because the more he plays against them the more he learns there plays, moves, tells, etc which makes him a better player.