Zach's Playoff Bracket Pool

wee..have a chance at 8-0 if Caps and Canes win..
sorry this is inaccurate...I got points in all series so far, but got the winner wrong in the Penguino series.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ottawa_Biatch 16 (max 20)2. Babying 14 (max 20)2. Cwik 14 (max 18)2. Andrew 14 (max 20)2. Serge 14 (max 20)6. Troyomac 12 (max 20)6. LJB723 12 (max 18)6. Reelishymn 12 (max 16)6. bdc30 12 (max 16)6. MapleLeafPoker 12 (max 16)6. rocketpoker 12 (max 18)12. Zach6668 10 (max 14)12. Copernicus 10 (max 16)12. kolsby 10 (max 14)12. Gruven 10 (max 16)16. Rinswun 8 (max 14)17. InsanityCubed 6 (max 10)

I am assuming we will all send picks again, after tonight when we find out the Eastern matchups.

I am assuming we will all send picks again, after tonight when we find out the Eastern matchups.
Yes, once the matchups are set.Picks will be due 1 hour before the first game, which looks like it will be Thursday.

Round 2:Eastern Conference:(1) Boston Bruins vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes(2) Washington Capitals vs. (4) Pittsburgh PenguinsWestern Conference:(2) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Anaheim Ducks(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (4) Chicago BlackhawksPicks due by Thursday, April 30, 2009 by 8 pm EST.Unfortunately, I'm out of town, so I could be a bit behind, but I'll have the final first round standings up as soon as I get a bit of free time here, before round 2.Post your pics in here, or PM them to me.

Boston in 5.Pittsburgh in 7.Detroit in 6.Vancouver in 5.

Eastern Conference:(1) Boston Bruins vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes(2) Washington Capitals vs. (4) Pittsburgh PenguinsWestern Conference:(2) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Anaheim Ducks(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (4) Chicago BlackhawksSERGE'S PICKS:Boston over Carolina in 5The Bruins are just too good here. They are one of the deepest teams offensively and have a great defensive back end as well as a very good goalie. They just steamrolled Montreal in a series where they never trailed by more than one goal. While Carolina is coming off one of the most amazing comebacks in a game seven, they are just outclassed here. Carolina pulls out one game at home , but other than that the series will be a short one. Bruins looking to break the 37 year Stanley Cup drought. Bruins in 5.Washington over Pittsburgh in 6The series that the NHL and Gary Bettman have been salivating about. The top 3 scorers in the NHL and the much anticipated Crosby vs Ovechkin , Malkin vs Ovechkin match up. The Capitals ran into a hot goalie in Lundqvist early and finally solved him before it was too late. The Penguins meanwhile played a tough series where they showed some hard work and determination to come out on top.Capitals here are the better team as they are deeper in talent and most importantly have the better/hotter goalie. Fleury has looked good at times, but has also allowed some weak goals. Varlamov is on fire right now and that will be the difference.Make the final WASHINGTON in 6ANAHEIM OVER DETROIT in 6This looks to be an epic playoff series. The Ducks are probably the best 8th seeded team in recent memory and they are playing great hockey right now. Detroit is just a powerhouse as well, however goaltending in this series will be the difference as well. Osgood has too many off nights where he allows 4 or 5 goals, and while his teammates constantly bail him out , its going to catch up to him eventually. Hiller is hot, the Ducks have been here many times before and know what to expect. Sweeping a Columbus team is one thing but this Ducks team is for real. Its just very difficult to repeat in this league and Detroit will bow out here. Make the final ANAHEIM in 6VANCOUVER OVER CHICAGO in 5It seems like the last time the Canucks played a game was months ago. However this Canucks team is for real. They have the prerequisite world class goalie, 3 solid offensive lines and a solid defence. The Hawks have also gotten great goaltending however the inexperience of the young offence will catch up to them. The Hawks will get their turn, just not this year. Luongo will frustrate these young guns in every game. Canucks are too strong here and they will dominate through out.Make the final VANCOUVER in 5

I'm still waiting on picks from InsanityCubed.If they get posted before the start of the Van/Chi game, then I'll accept them, otherwise you can pick for the rest of the series' and just forfeit that one.My picks:Bos in 6Pit in 6Det in 6Van in 7Still out of town, guys, so not a ton of internet access. I'll post full standings and round 2 picks when I get a chance, but it may not be until Sunday night, or Monday morning. I forgot my damn power cord at home. :club:

Round 1 Standings:1. Babying - 201. Andrew - 201. Serge - 201. Troyomac - 205. Ottawa_Biatch - 185. rocketpoker828 - 187. cwik - 167. LJB723 - 167. Reelishymn - 167. bdc30 - 167. gruven - 1612. MapleLeafPoker - 1412. Zach6668 - 1412. Copernicus - 1415. kolsby - 1215. Rinswun - 1217. InsanityCubed - 8

Round 2 Picks:1. Babying - 20Carolina in 7Pittsburgh in 7Detroit in 6 Vancouver in 71. Andrew - 20Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 5Detroit in 6Chicago in 71. Serge - 20Boston in 5Washington in 6Anaheim in 6Vancouver in 51. Troyomac - 20Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 7Detroit in 6Vancouver in 55. Ottawa_Biatch - 18Boston in 6Washington in 6Detroit in 6Vancouver in 65. rocketpoker828 - 18Boston in 5Washington in 7Detroit in 5 Vancouver in 7 7. cwik - 16Boston in 5Washington in 7Anaheim in 6Vancouver in 67. LJB723 - 16Boston in 5Pittsburgh in 7Detroit in 6Vancouver in 57. Reelishymn - 16Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 7Detroit in 7Vancouver in 67. bdc30 - 16Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 6Detroit in 6Vancouver in 77. gruven - 16Boston in 5Pittsburgh in 6Anaheim in 7Vancouver in 512. MapleLeafPoker - 14Carolina in 6Pittsburgh in 6Anaheim in 7Chicago in 6 12. Zach6668 - 14Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 6Detroit in 6Vancouver in 712. Copernicus - 14Carolina in 6 Pittsburgh in 6Anaheim in 7Vancouver in 615. kolsby - 12Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 7Anaheim in 6Vancouver in 515. Rinswun - 12Boston in 6 Pittsburgh in 6Detroit in 6Vancouver in 517. InsanityCubed - 8n/a