Vtlaxer Ft Of 21k Gtd On Ftp

Not really trying to add drama to anything. I am asking because I know there are some heavily experienced tourney players in this thread and I just wanted to throw some thoughts out and get a discussion going.I don't think I have asked anything out of line but who knows?Anyway, sorry if you all are getting impatient with my questions. I get the whole expected EV over long run, shove range etc. For me personally, I don't play enough to get to a ft every night so when I get there I am trying to get value out of every hand when I have chips in the pot so maybe my line of thinking is a bit different (flawed? maybe but meh).

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's only simple math if your math focus, which I am not. yes I have my own mind but most of you don't get it in the 1st place becauseI am a woman and of course you men have No fing clue, How we think, process, or formulate any of our thoughts. Nor can you ever figure us out. I do admit when I make mistakes, or if I screw up, or if I am indecisive. sometimes it takes a while but I do see it.If your on tilt go to bed and stay there. As for your stage and age you currently think you are smarter and better well let me enlighten you a wee bit, your no better than anyone else, so there Mike. You may be good at on line poker but it doesn't make you a better person. Or and your comment about DN it's obvious you need to re read what he wrote because you didn't get that either. Sometimes I think some people actually don't get the messages of us older ones put out there as it goes over your heads or you just think your better than us oldies. and again getsprung has to show his dramatic point, let others make there point without you also putting your nose into it. You don't need to be a constant shove in my face it doesn't look good on you either. It makes you look like a bully out to get me.People I will defend myself and speak my mind so that's me, you can take it or shove it. I am a women who will not let guys step on her, or stop me in my way of learning the most I can about the game of poker that I love my way.
Ok girlfriend, here we go!1) It is simple math. You do not need to be some math genius. More interesting hands would be postflop and not just push/fold lol. Also, the math is probably a little more difficult post flop. If you do not know how to figure out how to shovebot you really should because its really easy and will help you to improve quite a bit.2) Obv you have your own mind. But it just seems like in every thread people are saying stuff after you post and you just completely change your mentality. You ask for no proof or reasoning to why you were wrong or w/e. You just change your thoughts and move on. IDK really know how to explain it so w/e dont worry about it.3) Why does this have anything to do with you being a woman? I think I understand women pretty well for being 20 years old fwiw.4)I love my bed. I bet you would too.5) I mean, do I think I'm a better person than people because I know how to play poker? lol. 6) My comment about DN not being able to beat 10/20? Ya, I think he is severely outclassed in any regular 10/20 lineup lol. Of course he could play 10,000 hands and table select extremely well and he prob could pull it off. I just don't think he would be able to hold his own against real 10/20 grinders.
(Pleeeeeaaase don't quote this. I know that it's within your rights to do so, but I'd really rather have the option to delete it. Thanks.)
lol, ya pretty good post.
dsfakjdssaldfdo you people know nothing about ranges and balancing them?
afeoikfpoaekfea;lf;alef 2k9?
i read the whole thread, and all i have to say is that i shove Q9s there
lmao pott
Not really trying to add drama to anything. I am asking because I know there are some heavily experienced tourney players in this thread and I just wanted to throw some thoughts out and get a discussion going.I don't think I have asked anything out of line but who knows?Anyway, sorry if you all are getting impatient with my questions. I get the whole expected EV over long run, shove range etc. For me personally, I don't play enough to get to a ft every night so when I get there I am trying to get value out of every hand when I have chips in the pot so maybe my line of thinking is a bit different (flawed? maybe but meh).
maybe
a few things:-i thought sgfulton left-am i the only person who reads the first sentence in all of rose's posts and just skips them?-how can you accept all in with out seeing the floop
Too much humor on this forum to leave. Just cutting back on poker playing for a while.
Most of us know the standard answers to these questions because at one time or another we were all students of NNB.
Lol. Solid advice. How about raise folding Q9 here...I mean if he 3bets our Q9 is obviousyl behind Aces right? Oh noez!
all i can say is lol on soooo many levels.
Why is it that everytime I read a post from one of these two I always picture them as the hanger-on minion of the cool kid in highschool?

This thread reminds me why I rarely post in threads like this on FCP.So many retards on FCP that it makes 2+2 NVG look like a fun place to hang out.

TBH if you are playing against a bunch of idiots who don't pay attention to shit then you probably could standard raise or limp. If you have limped a few times with a baby stack then you could limp in hoping to have someone jam on you. But basically this is still balancing since your limps are now balanced, but you prob should never be limping with this stack anyways. So basically as stated you should shove everything with this stack shove or fold.

TBH if you are playing against a bunch of idiots who don't pay attention to shit then you probably could standard raise or limp. If you have limped a few times with a baby stack then you could limp in hoping to have someone jam on you. But basically this is still balancing since your limps are now balanced, but you prob should never be limping with this stack anyways. So basically as stated you should shove everything with this stack shove or fold.
In my limited volume and few final tables that I make, I can't say I recall playing against anyone who I played against in any past tournaments. In this case, is 'balancing' still as valuable? If you never play with these guys again, having them know that you could shove short with AA just as easily as you could shove with Q9 seems less important.
As for your stage and age you currently think you are smarter and better well let me enlighten you a wee bit, your no better than anyone else, so there Mike.
NNB's name is Mike? I've called him on the phone and I didn't know his name was Mike.
-am i the only person who reads the first sentence in all of rose's posts and just skips them?
Blasphemy!
Why is it that everytime I read a post from one of these two I always picture them as the hanger-on minion of the cool kid in highschool?
Naw. Never hung out with the "cool kid" in high school. But I'm glad I come across this way!
In my limited volume and few final tables that I make, I can't say I recall playing against anyone who I played against in any past tournaments. In this case, is 'balancing' still as valuable? If you never play with these guys again, having them know that you could shove short with AA just as easily as you could shove with Q9 seems less important.
It's not usually about playing against the same players, but against the same strategies that you have to remember, which is why it is important to know stuff like this.If you want to know more you should sign up to be one of NNB's students. Oops, nevermind.

Of course if you're never going to see or play again and the hand will never be shown, then balancing doesn't matter. But honestly you're just changing the factors to the decision and consequently changing the arrangement of hands in your strategy. Remember, balancing doesn't only refer to doing so in a game-theoretically-optimal manner; it can also mean adjusting the arrangement of hands that take each action within a set in order to make a more profitable overall strategy. That adjustment can be based on an exploitable observation you make in your opponent. So to answer your question, no, balancing is not necessary if you're never going to play with the players again or they aren't paying attention or if you're in an extreme situation like a WSOP ME FT or something, then forget balancing. But honestly there aren't many of those situations at this level of poker.

Of course if you're never going to see or play again and the hand will never be shown, then balancing doesn't matter. But honestly you're just changing the factors to the decision and consequently changing the arrangement of hands in your strategy. Remember, balancing doesn't only refer to doing so in a game-theoretically-optimal manner; it can also mean adjusting the arrangement of hands that take each action within a set in order to make a more profitable overall strategy. That adjustment can be based on an exploitable observation you make in your opponent. So to answer your question, no, balancing is not necessary if you're never going to play with the players again or they aren't paying attention or if you're in an extreme situation like a WSOP ME FT or something, then forget balancing. But honestly there aren't many of those situations at this level of poker.
How does being at the WSOP ME FT affect the strategy? What are the factors? Payouts? Prestige?
NNB's name is Mike? I've called him on the phone and I didn't know his name was Mike.
ok so I got that one wrong what else is new
DSCOOT and Zoo should have a 3-way with Rose.
no thx
some people call me mib
ok I will bite NNB what's mib ? I know I will be sorry for f ucking asking