Vtlaxer Ft Of 21k Gtd On Ftp

I find myself in similar situations at times (shortish stack, decent starting hand). I am interested in knowing how open shoving here compares to an opening raise with the intention of shoving a safe flop?
You are not a real person
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe according to pokerstove this is profitable play.but what about game theory? especially with 4 other 10bb stacks at the table that A)could easily go busto before youB)will be calling lighter so less fold equityC)if u wanna get super technical with poker stove, dont you have a hand that is more likely to be dominated when called? A9/QT-QA etc. dont tell me there range only starts at 77 and AJ. If they have there eyes open they know you are a maniac who shoves with shit in that spot, how are they folding A9 and QJ suited in that spot to your robot style of play? would a hand like 67s be more profitable for you?D) plus the other 4 10bb stacks might also use your gay shovein theory weak with no openers, and you can be the one calling them and having them dominated just a few hands later.E) plus who's to say you wont pick up an actual decent hand shortly later, and even if you have folded away 20% of your stack by then, now your stack is just short enuff that when you pick up AJ -somein in the blinds sees you are so short they have a hard time folding TJ or Ace rag.its my personal experience that the worse play of all occurs at the final table in a multi, mostly because of the money being on the line and more often than not, people play worse with that pressure. there are other reasons too, like fatigue, being happy with what you've made already, etc..(maybe they play a little worse in other tourny spots, but with the huge money on the line, the mistakes here are magnified and much more bigger)that is why i think its more valuable to just stick around and survive more often cuz i know some 10bb stack is gonna be shoving weak soon, or someone is gonna make some other donk play cuz they are happy with 5place money or whatever.
What about random bears and/or tigers that will swipe my laptop at final tables?
I know this kind of thing has been discussed a lot on this forum. It is all about risk diversification. IMO its ok to pass up on a small amount of expected value in order to move up if the money is very meaningful. Investors do it all the time.VT, did the amount of volume you put in affect your decision? I understand that the amount of volume has nothing to do with the EV of the play. I know the type of tournament factored into your decision but did your heavy volume facor in at all?
Meh I think unless you're at a Final Table where the next pay jump may be equivalent to half your bankroll or something I think it's going to be really bad long term to apply that idea.You can't pass up on edges these days.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!factoring in how many mtts you pplay into the equation is just dumb and pointless and has nothing to do with anything
better yet unless your in that exact situation. I have a feeling deep inside that I would of done the same as Vt and shoved but without knowing all the right reasoning. I find it an interesting hand to disectNow I know I will be shoving if I am in a similiar situation.
honestly, i want to know how you formulate your thought process...wtf are these words that come out of your mind and onto this forum?!?! ARE YOU A REAL PERSON!?!?!?!? do you have your own mind or do you just copy off of what other people are saying? seems to me like you just change your thoughts on everything after seeing what other people say and it is hella annoying.this hand is not interesting. its simple math. that is all. interesting hands are usually played post-flop. tournament poker is not interesting. gawd. tilt. why. am. i. up.
ARE YOU A REAL PERSON!?!?!?!? do you have your own mind or do you just copy off of what other people are saying? seems to me like you just change your thoughts on everything after seeing what other people say and it is hella annoying.this hand is not interesting. its simple math. that is all. interesting hands are usually played post-flop. tournament poker is not interesting. gawd. tilt. why. am. i. up.
Didn't I just say all of this? WTF
BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!factoring in how many mtts you pplay into the equation is just dumb and pointless and has nothing to do with anythinghonestly, i want to know how you formulate your thought process...wtf are these words that come out of your mind and onto this forum?!?! ARE YOU A REAL PERSON!?!?!?!? do you have your own mind or do you just copy off of what other people are saying? seems to me like you just change your thoughts on everything after seeing what other people say and it is hella annoying.this hand is not interesting. its simple math. that is all. interesting hands are usually played post-flop. tournament poker is not interesting. gawd. tilt. why. am. i. up.
it's only simple math if your math focus, which I am not. yes I have my own mind but most of you don't get it in the 1st place becauseI am a woman and of course you men have No fing clue, How we think, process, or formulate any of our thoughts. Nor can you ever figure us out. I do admit when I make mistakes, or if I screw up, or if I am indecisive. sometimes it takes a while but I do see it.If your on tilt go to bed and stay there. As for your stage and age you currently think you are smarter and better well let me enlighten you a wee bit, your no better than anyone else, so there Mike. You may be good at on line poker but it doesn't make you a better person. Or and your comment about DN it's obvious you need to re read what he wrote because you didn't get that either. Sometimes I think some people actually don't get the messages of us older ones put out there as it goes over your heads or you just think your better than us oldies. and again getsprung has to show his dramatic point, let others make there point without you also putting your nose into it. You don't need to be a constant shove in my face it doesn't look good on you either. It makes you look like a bully out to get me.People I will defend myself and speak my mind so that's me, you can take it or shove it. I am a women who will not let guys step on her, or stop me in my way of learning the most I can about the game of poker that I love my way.

yeh like nnb said... this is about as standard as a spot as u get.... its just funny that I do the same thing about a million times at final tables/regular tournaments and dont get calls.. usually alot lighter... and noone can comment on it cuz they dont see my hand. Results oriented much???Dscoot, most of what you said in that last post is pretty loltastic and untrue. Sry dude, but its just hard to take you seriously when your thinking is so flawed.

it's only simple math if your math focus, which I am not. yes I have my own mind but most of you don't get it in the 1st place becauseI am a woman and of course you men have No fing clue, How we think, process, or formulate any of our thoughts. Nor can you ever figure us out. I do admit when I make mistakes, or if I screw up, or if I am indecisive. sometimes it takes a while but I do see it.If your on tilt go to bed and stay there. As for your stage and age you currently think you are smarter and better well let me enlighten you a wee bit, your no better than anyone else, so there Mike. You may be good at on line poker but it doesn't make you a better person. Or and your comment about DN it's obvious you need to re read what he wrote because you didn't get that either. Sometimes I think some people actually don't get the messages of us older ones put out there as it goes over your heads or you just think your better than us oldies. and again getsprung has to show his dramatic point, let others make there point without you also putting your nose into it. You don't need to be a constant shove in my face it doesn't look good on you either. It makes you look like a bully out to get me.People I will defend myself and speak my mind so that's me, you can take it or shove it. I am a women who will not let guys step on her, or stop me in my way of learning the most I can about the game of poker that I love my way.
another bad day?
maybe according to pokerstove this is profitable play.but what about game theory? especially with 4 other 10bb stacks at the table that A)could easily go busto before youB)will be calling lighter so less fold equityC)if u wanna get super technical with poker stove, dont you have a hand that is more likely to be dominated when called? A9/QT-QA etc. dont tell me there range only starts at 77 and AJ. If they have there eyes open they know you are a maniac who shoves with shit in that spot, how are they folding A9 and QJ suited in that spot to your robot style of play? would a hand like 67s be more profitable for you?D) plus the other 4 10bb stacks might also use your gay shovein theory weak with no openers, and you can be the one calling them and having them dominated just a few hands later.E) plus who's to say you wont pick up an actual decent hand shortly later, and even if you have folded away 20% of your stack by then, now your stack is just short enuff that when you pick up AJ -somein in the blinds sees you are so short they have a hard time folding TJ or Ace rag.its my personal experience that the worse play of all occurs at the final table in a multi, mostly because of the money being on the line and more often than not, people play worse with that pressure. there are other reasons too, like fatigue, being happy with what you've made already, etc..(maybe they play a little worse in other tourny spots, but with the huge money on the line, the mistakes here are magnified and much more bigger)that is why i think its more valuable to just stick around and survive more often cuz i know some 10bb stack is gonna be shoving weak soon, or someone is gonna make some other donk play cuz they are happy with 5place money or whatever.
You, my friend.... Could be the best player on this site. DN---Sign him for Poker VT. Thanks

Question for tourney guys in this thread:If you have AA or KK in this spot do you also shove? If you shove with Q9 expecting it to fold around, it seems to me that you would want to get more value from AA or KK. What is the best approach with these two hands in this situation?

Question for tourney guys in this thread:If you have AA or KK in this spot do you also shove? If you shove with Q9 expecting it to fold around, it seems to me that you would want to get more value from AA or KK. What is the best approach with these two hands in this situation?
im shoving.
im shoving.
Really? It seems contradictory to the reasoning behind shoving weaker hands. You said yourself that "I do the same thing about a million times at final tables/regular tournaments and don't get calls" so is this really the best move value wise?Of course, if you don't shove AA or KK here, what do you do with them? Limp and hope for a raise or that you only get one or two others limp behind (including the BB)? Make a standard raise? Does anything other than shoving look suspicious?
Really? It seems contradictory to the reasoning behind shoving weaker hands. You said yourself that "I do the same thing about a million times at final tables/regular tournaments and don't get calls" so is this really the best move value wise?Of course, if you don't shove AA or KK here, what do you do with them? Limp and hope for a raise or that you only get one or two others limp behind (including the BB)? Make a standard raise? Does anything other than shoving look suspicious?
A limp or 2x/3x raise looks strong, whereas a shove looks like Q9 or some other weak handJam Q9 and hope for no call... jam AA and pray for one
It's all about disguising your hand.If you start min raising your big hands and shoving your weaker ones, they will widen their range when you shove and you will probably still not get any action with your aces. Shove any playable hand with that stack IMO. Also, hilarious thread!
sigh.... when your stack is <18 bb's or so.... all your chips need to be going into the middle at some point in the hand. At 10 bb's... its shove or fold... nowadays its up to 15-20 alot of the time.
A limp or 2x/3x raise looks strong, whereas a shove looks like Q9 or some other weak handJam Q9 and hope for no call... jam AA and pray for one
It's all about disguising your hand.If you start min raising your big hands and shoving your weaker ones, they will widen their range when you shove and you will probably still not get any action with your aces. Shove any playable hand with that stack IMO. Also, hilarious thread!
sigh.... when your stack is <18 bb's or so.... all your chips need to be going into the middle at some point in the hand. At 10 bb's... its shove or fold... nowadays its up to 15-20 alot of the time.
Ok, I understand the stack size implications here but what would be the harm in a limp or standard raise with AA or KK? Worst case with a standard raise is that everyone reads you like a book and it folds around (like it most likely would if you shoved). Worst case with the limp is you get 5 callers to the flop (unlikely given the stack sizes). If someone has a hand they want to get it all in with, it will happen if you shove or just raise. In fact, I think I like the limp here even better. One way or the other, you are going to have to gamble with this stack so why not take the chance with a limp that someone comes over the top or that someone who limps behind catches a piece of the flop?
Ok, I understand the stack size implications here but what would be the harm in a limp or standard raise with AA or KK? Worst case with a standard raise is that everyone reads you like a book and it folds around (like it most likely would if you shoved). Worst case with the limp is you get 5 callers to the flop (unlikely given the stack sizes). If someone has a hand they want to get it all in with, it will happen if you shove or just raise. In fact, I think I like the limp here even better. One way or the other, you are going to have to gamble with this stack so why not take the chance with a limp that someone comes over the top or that someone who limps behind catches a piece of the flop?
this guy was right, fuck nnbs training, i want to sign up with you!
another bad day?
nope a good day, just saying and speaking my mind, weeeeeeee lol
WOULD HAVE
yayaya, where's my beer Bagel's :club: