Vtlaxer Ft Of 21k Gtd On Ftp

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understandable.What many good online players consider standard plays are not known by most people and this is easy to forget. Questioning somebody's play or asking a question about it in a rail thread is usually met with angry answers as they just busted and are understandably mad.
good point Fluff
yeh sry rcgs... I <3 u.also... I rly dont understand how people still like me on fcp.
your a shit but still likeable I <3 u Vt too
lol, do u rely still think its 3 to 1?
do you honesty think I was that dumb to think it was 3:1 lol, give me a fing break, such a long shot, but I do like long shots in horse's too
sigh, f u...obv beat me to itlol, do u rely still think its 3 to 1?also on a side not...im very proud of vtnit09, you guys do not know how GUTSY it was for him to shove without AJ+,66+.
See....this is an exact example of where my game needs to improve.I want to be good enough that the above is a true statement abotu me. I'm pretty sure if I make this identical play in the same situation (wait, I don't FT....hah) it's how donk-ish it was for me to shove out of that range :club:
Wait. I do the same thing and no one likes me. Sigh.
I <3 you too, if you stop being a prick to me
I <3 you too, if you stop being a prick to me
Not being a prick. Simply pointing out the obvious. I do not care to gain your approval, nor do I care if you view me as a "friend."
Not being a prick. Simply pointing out the obvious. I do not care to gain your approval, nor do I care if you view me as a "friend."
it's got nothing to do with gaining my approval it's about being decent to each other. What do you honestly gain by pointing out the obvious. you just want to pick faults. Especially mine not others. I don't go picking on your faults only when you attack me. If you stopped that then there would be peace. Or if something needs correcting do it by Pm please, instead making a scene in front of everyone. I am approachable in a nonconfrontive manner. Or use a tactfull approach, without sarcarsm. I am asking please to try and get along. Find I'm okay if you don't like me that's fair, but at least try to be human to each other for the sake of the forum.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz/thread.and rose u def thought it was 3 to 1.
no I didn't :club:
no I didn't :club:
If the whole forum was "civil" towards one another people like VT would be out of here asap. SA would also be gone but I'm sure some of his joke accounts would stick around. Oh, and you definitely agree with whoever says anything. This thread is a perfect example. Dare I say a gutsy example?
gg , and I don't want to add insult to injury but I do have a question was that not an instant fold. Would love to hear the rational behind this play. TJ?Q9 suited mid postion going for possible straight, or flush
its a poor play. 5 of the 8 people have 10bb or less, meaning stealing isnt gonna do that much in the long run, as you can outlast them alot w/o this risk. plus since other jokers are so short i think that makes them calling allins more likely.but since VT likely plays hundreds of multi's a week, im sure he is happy making plays that might be like 51% favs over the super long run. because i guess that adds up a little more over a crapload of sample size. but for most people that dont play a shit-ton of tournies, folding for a better spot and inching up the payscale is usually the better move.
but for most people that dont play a shit-ton of tournies, folding for a better spot and inching up the payscale is usually the better move.
yo son, how many tournaments you play a week does not affect the EV of this play?morrison_060612.jpg
If the whole forum was "civil" towards one another people like VT would be out of here asap. SA would also be gone but I'm sure some of his joke accounts would stick around. Oh, and you definitely agree with whoever says anything. This thread is a perfect example. Dare I say a gutsy example?
ok you have a point, don't forget you also did catch me at a very bad moment and frame of mind. I do admit spelling and grammar is a huge weakness, most of it is due to my laziness of wanting to go back and correct my mistakes, the other is sometimes I just don't care. As far as my response to IQ's correction there's more to it and I am not going there. I will give it a honest try to lighten up from now on.and your right I will never agree with everything said here that's for sure count on it.and as for SA craziness I do 3< it, and I love banting him, to get his reaction lol
its a poor play. 5 of the 8 people have 10bb or less, meaning stealing isnt gonna do that much in the long run, as you can outlast them alot w/o this risk. plus since other jokers are so short i think that makes them calling allins more likely.but since VT likely plays hundreds of multi's a week, im sure he is happy making plays that might be like 51% favs over the super long run. because i guess that adds up a little more over a crapload of sample size. but for most people that dont play a shit-ton of tournies, folding for a better spot and inching up the payscale is usually the better move.
I really did like VT's play, it might of been something I would of done in that situation as well not being a full time player. The reason why because of the potential draws he had. But then I would of also 2nd guessed my self and could of folded too. I would of had to be in that play. I was at a Ft not long ago and I had someone coaching me at a side he told me to fold but I decided to play it anyways sometimes I will make plays like that when I just see a different reasoning for that but it's wrong and does bite me in the end for not listening.
im not trying to outlast anyone in that kind of tournament.... its 1st or worst imo.There are definitely big sunday majors that I would probably pass up on a +ev shove in hopes of moving up a couple payjump spots... but this is definitely not a tournament im going to be doing that in.
im not trying to outlast anyone in that kind of tournament.... its 1st or worst imo.There are definitely big sunday majors that I would probably pass up on a +ev shove in hopes of moving up a couple payjump spots... but this is definitely not a tournament im going to be doing that in.
wow you gave a real response to me. you ALMOST win the argument just for that....

Everyone realizes that you can probably pokerstove this vs a bunch of calling ranges and approximate fairly well if this move is +EV or not right? I am not going to do it right now, but I ave seen calculations in the past and am generalizing that this move is profitable in the long run, if someone wants to disprove this and show some math and ranges then by all means show it to us. These are the types of things that lead people to be winning players, spending time doing their homework and looking at situations and plugging them into pokerstove and finding some spots that are +EV where it may not seem that way.If you want to be a dscoot and make comments out of your ass with no basis in reality then by all means go ahead, but when a bunch of people who have done their homework are saying a move is + then I would probably trust that but if you want to see why go and do it yourself figure the problem out and you will know concretely that the moves you are making have a foundation.This is not directed at anyone really, just a general commentary.

Everyone realizes that you can probably pokerstove this vs a bunch of calling ranges and approximate fairly well if this move is +EV or not right? I am not going to do it right now, but I ave seen calculations in the past and am generalizing that this move is profitable in the long run, if someone wants to disprove this and show some math and ranges then by all means show it to us. These are the types of things that lead people to be winning players, spending time doing their homework and looking at situations and plugging them into pokerstove and finding some spots that are +EV where it may not seem that way.If you want to be a dscoot and make comments out of your ass with no basis in reality then by all means go ahead, but when a bunch of people who have done their homework are saying a move is + then I would probably trust that but if you want to see why go and do it yourself figure the problem out and you will know concretely that the moves you are making have a foundation.This is not directed at anyone really, just a general commentary.
nooo man who would do work at want to do pokerstove calculations!
I know this kind of thing has been discussed a lot on this forum. It is all about risk diversification. IMO its ok to pass up on a small amount of expected value in order to move up if the money is very meaningful. Investors do it all the time.VT, did the amount of volume you put in affect your decision? I understand that the amount of volume has nothing to do with the EV of the play. I know the type of tournament factored into your decision but did your heavy volume facor in at all?
yo son, how many tournaments you play a week does not affect the EV of this play?morrison_060612.jpg
QFMGQuoted for mexistache goodnessI'm confused at why this hand is getting so much discussion. I can't find a reason this shove isn't EV in the long run.