2009 Marlins ***official*** Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonifacio sucks. They need to bring up Sanchez and put Cantu at 3rd and have Bonifacio pinch run and be used as a defensive replacement only. Sanchez is hitting 337/398/482 in AAA right now and he was probably a better option at the beginning of the season too.

Bonifacio sucks. They need to bring up Sanchez and put Cantu at 3rd and have Bonifacio pinch run and be used as a defensive replacement only. Sanchez is hitting 337/398/482 in AAA right now and he was probably a better option at the beginning of the season too.
I think this will happen when Sanchez is completely healthy.
  • 2 weeks later...

god, has a team ever fallen so far so fast in 6 weeks?11-1 to several games under .500 well before June.Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

Sean West seems to be a bit of a bright spot. I think they should've spent some money and gotten a veteran starter to help guide all those stud arms. I think they'll be ok. I mean, they still have so many arms in the starting rotation. A little health would help with those.

Sean West seems to be a bit of a bright spot. I think they should've spent some money and gotten a veteran starter to help guide all those stud arms. I think they'll be ok. I mean, they still have so many arms in the starting rotation. A little health would help with those.
Quick story: When West made his first start ever against Tampa, my wife and I sat right next to his parents, sister and girlfriend (smoking hot btw, big shock). They were really pleasant and his dad was brutally honest about his son's abilities ("when he throws more strikes, he will be in their rotation full time."I like how West works quickly and how his height allows him to throw down thru the strike zone (much like how Volstad throws when he has his best stuff).This is a team with plenty of pitching talent but the hitting talent is being exposed. Uggla is regressing and Hermida seems like he will never quite figure it out. Cody Ross is underperforming and Bonifacio is clearly not a good enough hitter no matter how fast he runs. Basically, this team really really really really misses Miguel Cabrera. You plug him in at cleanup to provide protection for Hanley and this team is a contender. With what they have, they will probably just hang at or near .500.I have been pleasantly surprised that the bullpen has been ok. I was expecting them to suck hard but they have been at least mediocre.
  • 2 weeks later...

My list of people killing the Marlins:1) Emilio Bonifacio. He has a great name but whoever said in this thread that he would end up being a complete bust was right. If you can't get your OBP above .300, then it does not matter how fast you are. Guy brings nothing else to the table (no power, mediocre D). I am so glad we have him hitting in front of Hanley Ramirez to take advantage of all the fastballs. Good thinking, Fredi. 2) Matt Lindstrom. He thrives on turning 3 run leads into hard earned saves. Blew another one last night. Yes, he throws hard but the ball doesnt have any movement and his control is suspect. Time to move him to a set up role and try someone else so we dont ruin his confidence for life.3) Fredi Gonzalez. He sent Maybin down to AAA but refuses to bench Bonifacio which means our #2 spot in the order is basically a void. 4) Jeff Loria. Every time I watch this team, I can't stop thinking about how devastating the order would be if we had just kept Miguel Cabrera. It changes everything (including sending Bonifacio to the bench). Coghlan, Hermida, Ramirez, Cabrera, Cantu, Uggla, Ross, Baker is an amazing lineup with no true hole. Cheap piece of crap and we gave him a new stadium.5) The fans. Went to the Marlins/Yankees game last Sat. night. 46,000 people. It was weird being at a game with a real crowd. Attendance at last night's game against Baltimore.....could not have had more than 2,000 people in actual attendance. Pathetic.

Listen to the Lebatard show, you'll like it, and they have David Samson on weekly. They asked him if the front office is making the decision on Bonafacio being in the lineup and he said no, but who knows. Freddi is a company man. Samson said that the front office only decided the 25, not the lineupmy favorite guest on that show is Tim Kurkjian. I love that little guy

• 1 month later...

Hanging tough. What a great series against the Cubs. Nice to see Kevin Gregg still sucks.I like the Nick Johnson trade a lot. Get Bonifacio's .292 OBP out of the lineup (especially in front of Hanley!) and replace it with a .405 OBP. Typical understated but extremely smart Beinfast move.I dont think Marlins can ever catch the Phillies but sticking close to the Giants/Rockies/Cubbies is feasible.

Hanging tough. What a great series against the Cubs. Nice to see Kevin Gregg still sucks.I like the Nick Johnson trade a lot. Get Bonifacio's .292 OBP out of the lineup (especially in front of Hanley!) and replace it with a .405 OBP. Typical understated but extremely smart Beinfast move.
Were you listening to the Lebatard show when the deal was announced? One of the funniest segments of sports radio I've heard.
Were you listening to the Lebatard show when the deal was announced? One of the funniest segments of sports radio I've heard.
Nah, I was still in a post-bar stupor. I am just catching up on the trade deadline stuff now (Cliff Lee went to Philly but Halladay did not? interesting. Peavy ends up with the White Sox after all? stunning.)LeBatard is great so I imagine it was a good segment (especially if they were ripping on Emilio). Recap?
I really thought Josh Johnson was going to get the no hitter last night.Only 2 games out of the WC.
I was @ the stadium and we all thought the same. The crowd was really lame, but at least they realized what a sick game he had and gave him three standing ovations.Wildcard lead in a few hours hopefully