Rick Tocchet Experience..the Playoffs Are Here

not the point...we have 5 guys before want to make a bet, only you say no and we dont bet..It turns out to be a good bet..I dont really care...I was just trying to make a point.
forgive us for ignoring your advice today. you gotta realize, it's basically impossible to tell serious serge from crazy homer serge. I am convinced that they are two separate entities despite the evidence to the contrary.it was a good price and pittsburgh looks to have played a competitive game. let's not let this one get us down.
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgive us for ignoring your advice today. you gotta realize, it's basically impossible to tell serious serge from crazy homer serge. I am convinced that they are two separate entities despite the evidence to the contrary.it was a good price and pittsburgh looks to have played a competitive game. let's not let this one get us down.
I was just trying to stop us from making that bet..It was a terrible price IMO, at +200 yes bet it...Look at the past few weeks my track record in this thread, it speaks for itself.Wasnt trying to start up anything....lets get back at it next game.
I was just trying to stop us from making that bet..It was a terrible price IMO, at +200 yes bet it...Look at the past few weeks my track record in this thread, it speaks for itself.Wasnt trying to start up anything....lets get back at it next game.
i dont see how +140 is a terrible price for a team that just swept their conference final opponents, have the 2 top scorers in the playoffs and are matched up against a dinged up team who have injury concerns over key players and are coming off only 2 days rest.
i dont see how +140 is a terrible price for a team that just swept their conference final opponents, have the 2 top scorers in the playoffs and are matched up against a dinged up team who have injury concerns over key players and are coming off only 2 days rest.
Because that team is the Detroit Red Wings...

That was a 1-1 game with two ridonkulous crappy bounces that turned into own goals by Fleury. I think that game was dead even, and yes, the Wings deserved their win. But the Pens played well inside +140, IMO.

I think a bet on the Wings is a good idea tonight...-140...I know no one will agree, so its pointless to post anyway, but:The game last night is the type of game the Red Wings need to play...Keep the Pens away from the PP,(they did give up two chances) and dominate the faceoff circle..They won 71% of the draws..Thats a pretty ridicolous number.There is huge value on betting against what the public thinks is happening, and I think this is the perfect example...You always make money betting against the Yankees,Cowboys and the Lakers, as the lines are always scewed..In this case the public is on Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin especially coming off a pretty easy domination of the Hurricanes..This isnt the Hurricanes, this is the greatest franchise in the past decade.Just my two cents...

I would seriously consider taking the Pens in this game 2. The line movement has been crazy since 10am, something is seriously up. The Wings opened at -140 and now are at Pinnacle they are @ +130. It's the only website with this movement right now, but I find their lines are generally the ones that move the most and most reliable. I've never seen the line move so much in a game, that's almost 70 points, I would bet our whole roll on the Pens tonite.

I would seriously consider taking the Pens in this game 2. The line movement has been crazy since 10am, something is seriously up. The Wings opened at -140 and now are at Pinnacle they are @ +130. It's the only website with this movement right now, but I find their lines are generally the ones that move the most and most reliable. I've never seen the line move so much in a game, that's almost 70 points, I would bet our whole roll on the Pens tonite.
Fine by me.
Your numbers aren't accurate. Not on bowmans anyway. Wings were -140, now they are -145I don't think what you saw was accurate. Never seen that before .
It is only on Pinnacle. Not on any of the other sports books. All the other sport books are the same.
sorry Dan, not sure what you are seeing..I am on Pinnacle now and its Detroit -152..Must of been a temporary mistake.

I'm really confused. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/offsh...m/date/05-31-09Shows the Pens as the favourite, yet you are correct I checked the Pinny website, and it is at about -150 for Detroit. Unsure as to why VegasInsider would have false lines, as they have never been off like this in the past. Ugh, I really f*cked up my bet then in the barbershop, if I knew this I would have taken Detroit.

I think a bet on the Wings is a good idea tonight...-140...I know no one will agree, so its pointless to post anyway, but:The game last night is the type of game the Red Wings need to play...Keep the Pens away from the PP,(they did give up two chances) and dominate the faceoff circle..They won 71% of the draws..Thats a pretty ridicolous number.There is huge value on betting against what the public thinks is happening, and I think this is the perfect example...You always make money betting against the Yankees,Cowboys and the Lakers, as the lines are always scewed..In this case the public is on Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin especially coming off a pretty easy domination of the Hurricanes..This isnt the Hurricanes, this is the greatest franchise in the past decade.Just my two cents...
Serge is God or if not God, atleast one of them disciples like Peter or Abraham.
Serge is God or if not God, atleast one of them disciples like Peter or Abraham.
I think there was a lot of money to be made from the first two games, but no one takes my analysis seriously..If Chris says anything they jump at it. I am ok with that.I am interested to see the odds for the next game. I am thinking it will be a lot closer line, close to a pickem I think.Not sure which way I am leaning in game 3, however I think the Penguins will be forced to change their game plan and possibly open up a bit more...This should lead to a lot more scoring...I look the game to be over...Will make a better decision when the lines come out.
I think there was a lot of money to be made from the first two games, but no one takes my analysis seriously..If Chris says anything they jump at it. I am ok with that.I am interested to see the odds for the next game. I am thinking it will be a lot closer line, close to a pickem I think.Not sure which way I am leaning in game 3, however I think the Penguins will be forced to change their game plan and possibly open up a bit more...This should lead to a lot more scoring...I look the game to be over...Will make a better decision when the lines come out.
Serge, you've been right on the money with your picks. The problem is, you hate the penguins so much it's hard to give you any credibility for it. In this case, you were right. If you spend less time as 'THAT' serge, and more time as 'this' serge, I think you'd get a lot more credibility. Nonetheless, you were definately right on the first two games (although it goes against your constant preaching that -140 is too much juice!) I was thinking we should bet the under until the pens prove they can score...

lines are out and wow..Red wings are a dog at +130...I was actually leaning towards the Pens but they are big favourites at -150the o/u is 5.5 -110 both ways..I know Chris mentioned the under, I was leaning over, but now not sure..I have no feelings yet for either way on both sides.

I would lay off on betting on either team, bookies not really leaning on either side. Over/Under is the bet we should make, although I'm still unsure as to which side Im leaning towards.

I like the under until pitt proves they can score on Osgood. datsyuk out will slow down the detroit offense a little..
Yeah, I'm down with this. Consider too, that their best player is focusing on stopping the best player in the league from scoring, instead of scoring himself.
Yeah, I'm down with this. Consider too, that their best player is focusing on stopping the best player in the league from scoring, instead of scoring himself.
Orlly?! :club::ts