Rick Tocchet Experience..the Playoffs Are Here

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the bet...Detroit is just too strong..The West is much stronger than the East and we will see this in the series..just my 2 cents FWIW..Chicago,Anaheim,Vancouver and Calgary are better than any team in the East IMO...The Penguins have played really well especially against Carolina, but Detroit is on a much higher level...

I dont like the bet...Detroit is just too strong..The West is much stronger than the East and we will see this in the series..just my 2 cents FWIW..Chicago,Anaheim,Vancouver and Calgary are better than any team in the East IMO...The Penguins have played really well especially against Carolina, but Detroit is on a much higher level...
We're awesome!I have just decided this morning to be wacky over confident Wings fan who will turn a blind eye to anything of substance and just spout off pro Wings stuff. I usually spend this time worrying like crazy and over analyzing things. Not this year baby, we rule, everyone else sucks. Go wings.lawl
I could have written that post for you before you even woke up, Serge.You're far too predictable.
Whatever..I havent said anything in here for two weeks, even when you guys are making ridicolous bets and near bets..Do what you want..I dont care...I was giving an honest assesment..I picked the Penguins to win the last game FWIW..

You picked the Penguins to win game 4 after destroying the Canes in the first 3? Way to go out on a limb.I respect your sports opinions and prognostications, but not when it's about the Pens, Habs, Sens, or Leafs in any manner, and to a lesser extent, any of the Pens rivals.

You picked the Penguins to win game 4 after destroying the Canes in the first 3? Way to go out on a limb.I respect your sports opinions and prognostications, but not when it's about the Pens, Habs, Sens, or Leafs in any manner, and to a lesser extent, any of the Pens rivals.
i need some action on this series...or I wont watch it..IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU ARE A PENS FAN...(this obv procludes Chris)I would like to bet the Red Wings to win the series against you...I will offer +150 odds..UP to a total $50..First come first served.
We're awesome!I have just decided this morning to be wacky over confident Wings fan who will turn a blind eye to anything of substance and just spout off pro Wings stuff. I usually spend this time worrying like crazy and over analyzing things. Not this year baby, we rule, everyone else sucks. Go wings.lawl
If it means less worry and overanalysis, Im all for it. Enjoy buddy!But Id be warry of Osgood. :club:

We should really bet Pitt to win the series at +130. The NHL posting Sat and Sun games back to back is a huge advantage for Pitt.Plus the HOSSA FACTOR the anti-Claude LemiuexWith Ott loses in the finals 2007 With Pitt loses in the finals 2008With Det loses in the finals 2009Have a great summer guys probably one of my last posts.Chris you can write a great column on Hossa when Det losses as the anti Claude.

Are you saying Hossa was with Ottawa in 07? Because he wasn't.Also, +130 sucks, go see Serge, I got +150.However, I plan on placing a bet on either the Pens winning the series, or game 1, as soon as I get to Vegas. Or both, probably both.

Are you saying Hossa was with Ottawa in 07? Because he wasn't.Also, +130 sucks, go see Serge, I got +150.However, I plan on placing a bet on either the Pens winning the series, or game 1, as soon as I get to Vegas. Or both, probably both.
Forgot Hossa was gone in 05 or 06 any which way he's a jinx. +130 is a good price for 2 very even teams. The +150 you got was obv a great price which would be hard to get. Pitt will take game 1 or 2 for sure this B2B scenerio is a nighmare for Det and home ice.

Can someone explain please why back to back is such a bad thing for the Wings? I mean if the series against the Hawks went 7 and the Hawks were the Ducks, then I can see why but it is not like it was a physical series. datsyuk might not be back and that would suck but it's not like we rely on 2 or 3 guys, we have the depth to cover for him, as already shown. Detroit has played 1 less game this playoffs and had two pretty easy series imo. Age? Really? It's not like all the wings are 40 years old. Chelios won't be playing. Nick at age 50 is still better than half the defensman in the league. Zetterberg, Cleary, Franzen, Helm, Justin, Hudler, Filly, Lebda, Kronwall, Datsyuk, Hossa, and others are not OLD by any stretch of the imagination. I don't get it. It sucks that a team that goes 4 and a team that goes 5 doesn't get the usual mini break that comes long with finishing a series quickly but I don't think it hurts either of these teams to the point where it is a given that Detroit is screwed.

I have a bit of a tradiiton of betting the finals in NHL/NBA when I first get to Vegas. I like to think of it as my starting roll for the NEXT trip, since the finals usually end after I I leave Vegas. So I'm walking into this Sunday with a Celtics WIN from last year, yay. Nothing big, just fun and superstition.I'm pissed I'm missing game 1.....if the Pens win the odds will go down and I do believe they will take game 1.
Forgot Hossa was gone in 05 or 06 any which way he's a jinx.
His last season in Ottawa was in 03-04 -- (though other than last year as a Penguin he usually performs better in the regular season).
$300 is fine. I wouldn't advocate a huge bet anyways, especially on a game 1.
Im ok with any bet $300 or less. I say again because I wont be around much tommorow, and I think we already had 4 of us in approval. (Zach, Gruven, Strat and myself)
The West is much stronger than the East and we will see this in the series..just my 2 cents FWIW..Chicago,Anaheim,Vancouver and Calgary are better than any team in the East IMO...
Umm... WHAT? I'm watched at least 70 flames games this year and I would have a hard time putting them in the top 5 in the east. And you also must not have noticed the long periods of struggle the Canucks and Ducks have had this year as well.The Flames and Canucks both had the benefit of having Colorado and Edmonton in their division. If you had said Detroit, SJ and maybe even Chicago (pushing it) were better than any team in the east, it wouldn't be nearly as absurd.
Im ok with any bet $300 or less. I say again because I wont be around much tommorow, and I think we already had 4 of us in approval. (Zach, Gruven, Strat and myself)
count me in as a 5th for this bet. i really like the way the pens are playing this post-season and i endorse any bet on them.
I think 5 is enough, so...1 PIT Penguins @ +140Risk: 300.00 StraightPotential Winnings: 420.00It is placed.
how to burn $300 by Zach
I think 5 is enough, so...1 PIT Penguins @ +140Risk: 300.00 StraightPotential Winnings: 420.00It is placed.
Make it 6, after the fact. Let's go RTE!
Thanks for your support, good team player...
not the point...we have 5 guys before want to make a bet, only you say no and we dont bet..It turns out to be a good bet..I dont really care...I was just trying to make a point.
not the point...we have 5 guys before want to make a bet, only you say no and we dont bet..It turns out to be a good bet..I dont really care...I was just trying to make a point.
If the point was that you're a dick, then I admit... you made your point...