Rick Tocchet Experience..the Playoffs Are Here

just saw the Vegas opening lines, and its much higher than I estimated:http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/Its between -250 and -270.I am not in favour of laying $500 to win $200For tonight I really like the Ducks at home to win the series at -105and I like the over in the Chicago/Calgary game at -110
The Ducks are now even money. I think I like that too, but Id like to hear from others....I really think Anaheim ends the series tonight, personally.
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ducks are now even money. I think I like that too, but Id like to hear from others....I really think Anaheim ends the series tonight, personally.
I feel like the Ducks will win tonight, but I'm cheering hard for the Sharks so I wouldn't bet on my own account :club:

i really like the Ducks tonight as well...I am in full support..Funny line from TSN.ca:A reason to cheer for the Ducks: Because Scott Niedermayer's thumb is jealous of all the fingers on his hand that wear Stanley Cup rings

I see we have unanimous on the Ducks so far..No dissention yet, now to decide how much to bet

The only bet I like is the Ducks win.Chicago has been game at a time, Caps are way too big a fave....
agree with you 100% today.Scary.
agree with you 100% today.Scary.
sounds like a NO PLAY night to me! :club: I'm good with Anaheim win. $300?I could be convinced to go more, I really thought they would be a favourite for this game.

I am good with $300..Anyone else?This would be our biggest bet if we pull the trigger.9 hours and 16 minutes leftFYI:We officially have no future bets left

I am good with $300..Anyone else?This would be our biggest bet if we pull the trigger.9 hours and 16 minutes leftFYI:We officially have no future bets left
Do it. I'll be on a plane to Monte Carlo while this game is being played, so no curse action from me.....

Being a Sharks fan, I would hate betting on the Ducks obv. But I'll abstain.It's worth noting that putting Thornton/Marleau/Seto back together again reaped huge dividends in game 5. Separating them didn't work too well obviously.

I will bet $300 unless in the next few hours we get a lot of dissention.Sorry Gobears, I know how it feels.

I'm personally against the Ducks bet, but I'll obviously support whatever the majority wants and root accordingly. I don't think San Jose will be calling for tee times tomorrow, and I honestly think they'll move on to the next round after forcing Game 7 tonight. Again, just my opinion, I was obviously way wrong about the Pitt-Philly bet over the weekend so we all know I can epic fail just as well as anyone else.

I'm personally against the Ducks bet, but I'll obviously support whatever the majority wants and root accordingly. I don't think San Jose will be calling for tee times tomorrow, and I honestly think they'll move on to the next round after forcing Game 7 tonight. Again, just my opinion, I was obviously way wrong about the Pitt-Philly bet over the weekend so we all know I can epic fail just as well as anyone else.
I appreciate this post, cause its not easy to be the dissenting voice.If there are others, speak up. This is what RTE is meant to be, and if there is only 3 of us liking this bet, maybe we need to reconsider. Or at least lower the bet $$$.
I don't like the Anaheim bet either. I really see this series going to 7. Just my 2 cents.
I appreciate this post, cause its not easy to be the dissenting voice.If there are others, speak up. This is what RTE is meant to be, and if there is only 3 of us liking this bet, maybe we need to reconsider. Or at least lower the bet $$$.
I'm NOT a fan of the ducks.... But here's what I think: the ducks are close to the same team that won the cup, especially with the back end. The sharks have never EVER been able to win a big game and THEY have essentially the same lineup. When you have the media day after day laying the 'CHOKE' tag on you... it gets in your head. In the end, this to me is like betting against Ovechkin to score or betting on Brodeur to give up 9 goals: Sure, it COULD happen... and on paper, it LOOKS possible.... but where the game is played, it ain't happened yet. So I'd rather go down betting on what IS than what might be..... ANd the price on the ducks is good enough to make it worth while...
I'm NOT a fan of the ducks.... But here's what I think: the ducks are close to the same team that won the cup, especially with the back end. The sharks have never EVER been able to win a big game and THEY have essentially the same lineup. When you have the media day after day laying the 'CHOKE' tag on you... it gets in your head. In the end, this to me is like betting against Ovechkin to score or betting on Brodeur to give up 9 goals: Sure, it COULD happen... and on paper, it LOOKS possible.... but where the game is played, it ain't happened yet. So I'd rather go down betting on what IS than what might be..... ANd the price on the ducks is good enough to make it worth while...
I agree, I agree.I thought they were too much of a dog going into the series (i know, easy to say now), but I watched them a fair bit this year, and their biggest issue was Giguere. I think Hiller is highly underrated, ask anyone in my hockey pool how highly I think of him. Personally, Im betting Anaheim on my own account either way.I still heavily back the $300 Anaheim bet, but it seems to be only 3 of us. I would want at least one more YES, would you guys agree? We dont really seem to have any big rejections, even Adam said he'd go with majority. But we should have at least a 4th YES to make our biggest bet of the year, right?

yes...I am a 100% on this one.what the hell happened to 20 people...We are lucky to have 6 or 7 "votes" on any given night.

I don't get why this has to be our biggest bet. I mean I'm all for the gamble (although I'm cheering for San Jose tonight no matter how much we bet)... but with some people being for this and some not so hot for it... maybe a compromise of betting less would work, like 150?

I read about the 300$ bet and I was coming to say I wasn't a fan either.I agree that it is a good place to bet for value but how convinced are we that SJ loses. After the OT win I can see them using it as momentum builder, SJ played very well, if anaheim wins it won't be easy.so why risk so much here just on the value, I like it better when we have a strong prediction rather than betting for a bit of value. Unless more people really like the bet I vote to pass.CHI to win, +110. CAL playing without Phaneuf...

I read about the 300$ bet and I was coming to say I wasn't a fan either.I agree that it is a good place to bet for value but how convinced are we that SJ loses. After the OT win I can see them using it as momentum builder, SJ played very well, if anaheim wins it won't be easy.so why risk so much here just on the value, I like it better when we have a strong prediction rather than betting for a bit of value. Unless more people really like the bet I vote to pass.CHI to win, +110. CAL playing without Phaneuf...
I still love Chicago to close it out tonight.

I really feel like gambling this evening.And had a dream about the Anaheim game.I know weird.I am not behind the Chicago bet, as i think Calgary pulls it out at home.I really love the over Chicago and under in Anaheim bet.They showed a montage of Joe Thornton the other day( i think HNIC). They guys just doesnt attack the net, and is always thinking pass. Guys like Ovy,Geno and Sid are always moving and attacking. Not sure if Joe can pull this one out tonight.I love the discussion we have going on the games this evening as it beats:I LOVE TEAM XME TOODO ITBET and LOSE

i actually like both the chicago bets and the anaheim bets today though i dont like the $300 on the ducks. $150 would my preference on both.
I'm good with this proposal.