Rick Tocchet Experience..the Playoffs Are Here

Sports betting 101 class is in session.Just to inform you guys on how the books come up with the series price when a team is down 3-2 such as the capital.Game 5 Caps -220Game 6 Caps -105Game 7 Caps -270 ( I know this looks high but Iam thinking the number will be close to this)3 team parlay (-270x-105x-270) = 2.89-1Thats how its calculated, I think the only game I might be off on is game 6 they might be +110 which would change the payout to 3-1.YES I FINALLY LOOK LIKE A MATH GUY.I failed grade 9 and 10 math.
not sure what the phrase in parenthesis means, but the right math is to remove the vig, convert to probabilities, parlay them, convert back to odds and add the vig. Maybe what you are doing is a good approximation (and what the bent noses originally did). Using your three numbers Id get 3.25:1
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what the phrase in parenthesis means, but the right math is to remove the vig, convert to probabilities, parlay them, convert back to odds and add the vig. Maybe what you are doing is a good approximation (and what the bent noses originally did). Using your three numbers Id get 3.25:1
I just wrote out the simple odds and used the parlay calculater to come up with that number which is exactly what a 3 team parlay at those odds would pay. All the other jazz is way over my head Iam not a math guy, actually Iam the opposite which makes me a math retard.
I just wrote out the simple odds and used the parlay calculater to come up with that number which is exactly what a 3 team parlay at those odds would pay. All the other jazz is way over my head Iam not a math guy, actually Iam the opposite which makes me a math retard.
Sums me up as well, but I don't work for NASA so it works out. All those years wasted in high school and college algebra, geometry and trig classes, and you know when the last time I needed to find the complementary angle of a triangle, use a sine, cosine or tangent, or recite the Pythagorean Theorum was?College. Never used a single bit of the math I learned after elementary school since then. The worst part? I have a technical job, I'm a network design engineer. I don't use this stuff EVER. Standardized education is so foolish, I think that's the major thing you learn in college. I would have been much better off in life complementing my book education with functional classes like auto shop, basic plumbing, woodworking, carpentry, stuff you would actually use outside your day to day job.
Sums me up as well, but I don't work for NASA so it works out. All those years wasted in high school and college algebra, geometry and trig classes, and you know when the last time I needed to find the complementary angle of a triangle, use a sine, cosine or tangent, or recite the Pythagorean Theorum was?College. Never used a single bit of the math I learned after elementary school since then. The worst part? I have a technical job, I'm a network design engineer. I don't use this stuff EVER. Standardized education is so foolish, I think that's the major thing you learn in college. I would have been much better off in life complementing my book education with functional classes like auto shop, basic plumbing, woodworking, carpentry, stuff you would actually use outside your day to day job.
A good college education will teach you how to think, how to approach problems in your given field, and how to find the resources you need. After that you should be able to do most anything.

The threads with the bets are being viewed the most..This is pretty bad guys26 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)3 Members: serge, pezeveng, Ottawa_Biatch

While I havent met Dan "the Biatch", I feel like we would have so much fun together....He is smart, funny and most of all a goofball like me. He is one of the select few on here that gets me and isnt a condescending douche.Awesome guy.
Thanks Serge, and awesome job on following my random basketball bet Arp, lol.

i say sev places it...Last bet i place we got screwed on a push in the last minute EN goal

Ah, line just shot to -129 on the over. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
what does that mean?

Well the OVER 5.0 started at -115, and now it is at -129, which means the bookies feel very strongly that it will be over. I don't want to discourage you guys from betting the under, I just wanted to point it out to you guys.

A good college education will teach you how to think, how to approach problems in your given field, and how to find the resources you need. After that you should be able to do most anything.
QFTmath and physics thought is the kind of thinking that is the most taxing on the brain. The problem solving skills you develop from those courses are invaluable. In Canada we have college for 2 years before University and a 2 year college degree in Science will get you into almost any field in University because those students have the capability to solve the hardest type of questions.understand math is very import for plumbing, woodworking and carpentry. You could get by the basics of those trades without a good understanding of math but you could not excel IMO.

mods please tell the previous poster this thread is for RTE, not plumbing and math..Thanks

but math is related to RTE
lol..you got me there..You win..Ok lets go and bet..we are running out of time.