Rick Tocchet Experience..the Playoffs Are Here

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt we'll get consensus on either of these but: I love Phi at +180. The series was an inch away from being 2-2 at this point, and Philly isn't rolling over. Those odds are too good to pass up.I like Car at +130 almost as much. Carolina can get Brodeur off his game pretty easily...he doesn't get over things like the last game as easily as he pretends to, and if he's roughed up a little he will lose focus.

I doubt we'll get consensus on either of these but: I love Phi at +180. The series was an inch away from being 2-2 at this point, and Philly isn't rolling over. Those odds are too good to pass up.I like Car at +130 almost as much. Carolina can get Brodeur off his game pretty easily...he doesn't get over things like the last game as easily as he pretends to, and if he's roughed up a little he will lose focus.
i cant back philly. Any team as ridiculously undisciplined as the flyers doesn't strike me as a team that will be able to tighten up and get the job done. I don't LOVE carolina, but at +130 I think that's a great price on a 50/50 game. so I can back that definately.

I'm not really crazy about either bet. I could see you being right on both, I just dont think thats how it will go.Personally, these arent the kind of bets I like for RTE anyway.

i cant back philly. Any team as ridiculously undisciplined as the flyers doesn't strike me as a team that will be able to tighten up and get the job done. I don't LOVE carolina, but at +130 I think that's a great price on a 50/50 game. so I can back that definately.
I agree on both counts.
I'm not really crazy about either bet. I could see you being right on both, I just dont think thats how it will go.Personally, these arent the kind of bets I like for RTE anyway.
I think Copernicus thinks like a lot of succesful sports bettors...He is looking for value, with plus money..Philly and Carolina both have value today...When you bet games like this you go .500 and make money..you bet favourites and its tough to show a profit.But I understand the other point of view.
I think Copernicus thinks like a lot of succesful sports bettors...He is looking for value, with plus money..Philly and Carolina both have value today...When you bet games like this you go .500 and make money..you bet favourites and its tough to show a profit.But I understand the other point of view.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.I don't think I've ever posted a yay/nay on a bet but I'd support both the Carolina/Philly bets.
let me ask you, and the rest of RTE what I asked before.....whats our goal? What are we trying to do?Do we have a dollar amount we are trying to get to?Do we have a time limit?Or do we just keep betting til we go broke?I always thought of this as a can we take $2k this year and turn it into something like $5k. Cash out at at least double the initial buyin.If thats our aim, I dont think we need to look for +value betting. The point of RTE was to find games that looked like GREAT lines and some truly good reasons for making a play. We dont need to bet every night, or make 30 plays over 20 nights to make it happen. We're at $900? To get to $4000 could take just another 20 bets over the course of the whole playoffs.Heck, we could do it with 3 bets, even just betting favourites but going hard.We're getting back to betting every night just cause we got money and we're bored, imho.Again, I dont see anything particularly wrong with anyone's suggestions, I just dont see clearcut bets in these games.

arp is spot on. i dont like the carolina bet. they dominated the devils for 2 periods last game then fell apart in the 3rd and very nearly undid all the good work. they scored the last second goal but i still think the momentum is with the devils in that matchup given what went before.

For me, RTE was for the entertainment factor.Also, I enjoyed reading the posts as part of my continuing hockey education. I didn't expect to make $ b/c sports betting is difficult; I think that this experiment has proven that.I figured this was a one year experiment, so with the playoffs here, we go big or we go home.But I'm easy and will defer to the rest of you as I'm just along for the ride.

For me, RTE was for the entertainment factor.Also, I enjoyed reading the posts as part of my continuing hockey education. I didn't expect to make $ b/c sports betting is difficult; I think that this experiment has proven that.I figured this was a one year experiment, so with the playoffs here, we go big or we go home.But I'm easy and will defer to the rest of you as I'm just along for the ride.
This is really where it's at for me as well, I already got my $100 worth of entertainment, so I'm all for go big or go home, I don't want to be refunded $50 when the Cup is awarded, I'd rather take a few big swings and see what we can do. Obviously if some of the other members *dont* want to see the big swings taken, their opinions have to be respected, but almost no one speaks up anymore. There are 20 members of the RTE and we hear from maybe 6-7 of them on game nights.

Just for clarification, I like the idea of go big or go home. I just don't think betting 20% of our roll on okbets is gonna get us anywhere, anytime soon. we'll be around $0-$2000 by the end of the playoffs, and nothing will have changed. sorry if Im being too analytical about it all, its not the money, its just my desire to be successful with this.

Just for clarification, I like the idea of go big or go home. I just don't think betting 20% of our roll on okbets is gonna get us anywhere, anytime soon. we'll be around $0-$2000 by the end of the playoffs, and nothing will have changed.sorry if Im being too analytical about it all, its not the money, its just my desire to be successful with this.
you the man ARP..you the man...
And / or Philly - Pit over.
I am ok with this one..Car NJ over scares me..Any game with that Brodeur guy..
We should run a biatch parlay one night
If we want a big score to build up the roll, its a way to go for sure. As long as it doesnt have the Rangers losing or a Rangers game going over, I wont protest anything else!
i cant back philly. Any team as ridiculously undisciplined as the flyers doesn't strike me as a team that will be able to tighten up and get the job done.I don't LOVE carolina, but at +130 I think that's a great price on a 50/50 game. so I can back that definately.
Good call Copernicus..
Good call Copernicus..
Should we run back all the times YOU were wrong? Or do you just wanna ship me the money you owe me from losing 17 prop bets and shut up?
Should we run back all the times YOU were wrong? Or do you just wanna ship me the money you owe me from losing 17 prop bets and shut up?
i expected that response...instead of admitting you were wrong.