How does it work if there are an odd # of entrants? For example, what if 101 people enter? Does someone get a bye? Just curious.
Either there are byes or the site does not allow off-numbers of entrants.
How does it work if there are an odd # of entrants? For example, what if 101 people enter? Does someone get a bye? Just curious.
There tends to be byes so that a its evens itself up the in 2nd round. I have even seen Pokerstars remove late entrants so that they start with a even number.

The thing I hate about the byes is that it's a chip reset after round 1(a), so to speak.I think the stacks should retain, no matter what. Sure the guy in round 1(b ) that got the bye would be at a disavantage playing someone 2:1 in stack size....but the 1st guy earned that 2:1 lead by already playing and winning the 1st round. The blinds could reset to starting blinds of course, but there's nothing worse than being like one of 20 people playing in this round 1(a) while the other 230 players in the 275 player pool all sit pretty with a bye, while you play a faux round to basically "make the start of the tourney".With FTP, they typically do it the above way. I think dropping those that make the overage is the right call for the site...but I don't ever see that with 'em.

The thing I hate about the byes is that it's a chip reset after round 1(a), so to speak.I think the stacks should retain, no matter what. Sure the guy in round 1(b ) that got the bye would be at a disavantage playing someone 2:1 in stack size....but the 1st guy earned that 2:1 lead by already playing and winning the 1st round. The blinds could reset to starting blinds of course, but there's nothing worse than being like one of 20 people playing in this round 1(a) while the other 230 players in the 275 player pool all sit pretty with a bye, while you play a faux round to basically "make the start of the tourney".With FTP, they typically do it the above way. I think dropping those that make the overage is the right call for the site...but I don't ever see that with 'em.
if thats the case, then some of the 3rd matches will be 4500 vs 6000, as well as all following rounds.