Rumor Mill: Chip Reese's Son Dead Of Overdose

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, Casey did play poker, at least for fun. This was probably...3 years ago, but he was playing in the .5/1 game at the Luxor with me and a couple buddies. Mark

FWIW, Casey did play poker, at least for fun. This was probably...3 years ago, but he was playing in the .5/1 game at the Luxor with me and a couple buddies. Mark
yeah, he did some small games and whatnot, but I wouldn't have considered him a 'poker player'RIP Casey

I was watching the 2008 WSOP HORSE tournament as I read this thread. So sad for the family. May God bless them and give them strength. So much heartache to deal with.

Amazingly sad news. What ever the cause of death was, it could never take away from how sad of a situation this is. If it is from prescription drugs, I know too many people who have OD'ed on them, they are not meant to be used recreationally for any reason, and it's sad when it takes tragedy such as this to make us realize that could easily have been our kid, our grandkid, our niece or nephew, our godson or goddaughter... In death I find the greatest thing we can do is find how we can learn or grow from the situation or the life the deceased led, for to have someone live a life and have nothing more come from it than your time spent on earth what was the value of living? Once the time for grieving has passed, I hope everyone affected, myself included, will reach out to the young people in your life and let them know you're there and you care.

This is such miserable news. Ever since Chip died I have been very sympathetic towards Casey's situation because I lost my father when I was a teenager as well and I know how much it affected me. Normally I'm very apathetic about tragedy, but this really hit home for me and I feel terrible for his friends and family.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Reese family. I didn't know Casey or Chip personally but from what i've heard and read they were both really great people. Hopefully Casey and Chip are playing high stakes heads up and baseball right now.

I'm not going to answer any questions like that, what does it matter now...
True. Sorry about the whole situation man. Really crappy. :club:
FWIW, Casey did play poker, at least for fun. This was probably...3 years ago, but he was playing in the .5/1 game at the Luxor with me and a couple buddies. Me, my gf, my friend Ryan and a few other friends were at Rain at the Palms about 2months ago. We left the club and Ryan went to play 2/5nl. Me and my gf meet up with him in the poker room and he was playing right next to Casey. They came out and we all smoked a cig together. He seemed like a really nice kid he was dressed nice, had on a nice monogrammed shirt told me I was a lucky guy cause my gf was really beautiful. For the 10 or 15mins we were all standing out there he came across as a very nice kid and its pretty sad that he died at such a young age. Also somehow in our convo it came out that he was underage, I didn't believe him, he showed us his license and in fact he was underage, I asked him how he was playin there and he said they know who he is and he's never had a problem.

I'm really shocked, I personally played baseball with Casey for a couple years when i was 12 on a great traveling team, getting close to him and his father , which may i Add was a great guy who did everything for his kid and the team. Casey was always working on pitching, and i lost contact with him as he went to Gorman, but the old Gorman was like a spiral of drugs and temptations.. It's shocking .. RIP