New Fcp Wsop Pool Brainstorm Thread - $2200 Package

Some people have expressed interest in duplicating the 11 week FCP WSOP Satellite Series that we are currently doing in this thread ....http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=132832But would like to play out all the events in 1 day.I'm opening this thread up for a few reasons:1) Get an idea of an Interest List2) Brainstorm a few detailsThe only thing that I will do different for this series is collect all the money up front since it would be a 1 day event and we can set up $5+$0.50 events and whatever money you win in those you keep.Same basic premise .... Series of events and the top finisher wins a $1500 WSOP Seat plus $700 travel money.The other 19 participants would get a percentage piece of whatever winnings the winner earns should they cash in the event they play.My biggest questions are:How many events would you like to play in 1 day? Do you want to play tournaments simultaneously?I could see this happening on a Sunday starting at maybe 10:00 AM, play 2 tournaments starting every 2 1/2 hours, something like this:10:00 AM - 2 tournaments1:30 PM - 2 tournaments4:00 PM - 2 tournaments6:30 PM - 2 tournaments9:00 PM - 2 tournamentsThis would allow you to play a best of 10 series, majority choice of drop worst score or not.I don't plan on participating in this so really up to the majority on the details.If you were playing for a $2200 package the total investment would be $110 up front then you would need an additional $55 for entries so a total of $165.Feel free to post here if you are interested in something like this as well as any ideas you have that would make this run as smooth as possible.Interest List:1) HubDub042) HighwayStar - preference 3 or 4 tables at a time or start them every 30 minutes3) kobe2odom84) mtdesmoines - preference 3 or 4 tables at a time or start them every 30 minutes5) aucu6) Mr. Sparco7) TrueAce138) DM_FLOPPEDIT9) vonteego3 - shorter the better, every 30 minutes or so.10) deadlysyns11) Robert Melendez - majority12) seacucumber - 4 tables a ttime13) Naked_Cowboy14) Carlito78 - 3 to 4 tables at a time15) Dubey - preference one tourney every 20 - 30 minutes, no more than 4 at a time16) Naps 555- preference 3 or 4 tables at a time or start them every 30 minutes17) gary2121212118) no not baxter19) Sportsmack20) StrippersNBlowAlternates List1) GWCGWC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like a whore, i'm down for whatever.

10:00 AM - 2 tournaments1:30 PM - 2 tournaments4:00 PM - 2 tournaments6:30 PM - 2 tournaments9:00 PM - 2 tournaments
This looks good.Maybe a set of 4 , then another set of 4, then a set of 2 could also be good. Time spacing is good though.
interested for sure..As long as it's fairly soon..
I'm thinking not next Sunday cause of Easter, but the Sunday after which is the 19th would be the earliest something like this would happen.
This looks good.Maybe a set of 4 , then another set of 4, then a set of 2 could also be good. Time spacing is good though.
Used 2 1/2 hours since that seemed to be the average time the other series is taking, even though there would be 20 instead of 40 people i don't see the time cutting off THAT much.
Some people have expressed interest in duplicating the 11 week FCP WSOP Satellite Series that we are currently doing in this thread ....http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=132832But would like to play out all the events in 1 day.I'm opening this thread up for a few reasons:1) Get an idea of an Interest List2) Brainstorm a few detailsThe only thing that I will do different for this series is collect all the money up front since it would be a 1 day event and we can set up $5+$0.50 events and whatever money you win in those you keep.Same basic premise .... Series of events and the top finisher wins a $1500 WSOP Seat plus $700 travel money.The other 19 participants would get a percentage piece of whatever winnings the winner earns should they cash in the event they play.My biggest questions are:How many events would you like to play in 1 day? Do you want to play tournaments simultaneously?I could see this happening on a Sunday starting at maybe 10:00 AM, play 2 tournaments starting every 2 1/2 hours, something like this:10:00 AM - 2 tournaments1:30 PM - 2 tournaments4:00 PM - 2 tournaments6:30 PM - 2 tournaments9:00 PM - 2 tournamentsThis would allow you to play a best of 10 series, majority choice of drop worst score or not.I don't plan on participating in this so really up to the majority on the details.If you were playing for a $2200 package the total investment would be $110 up front then you would need an additional $55 for entries so a total of $165.Feel free to post here if you are interested in something like this as well as any ideas you have that would make this run as smooth as possible.Interest List:1) HubDub042) HighwayStar3)4)5)6)7)8)9)10)11)12)13)14)15)16)17)18)19)20)
yes
I'm thinking not next Sunday cause of Easter, but the Sunday after which is the 19th would be the earliest something like this would happen.
asjdfhkasjgdfh OUT
It depends on the date for me, but I'm definitely down...hopefully I will be able to run better
Lets assume for now it is Sunday April 19thInterest list updated in OP
why not just make them 10 minutes apart????
Again, that's the point of this thread. Whatever you all want to do is fine.10 minutes a part could potentially mean you are playing 10 tournaments simultaneously. My initial thought would be that could be challenging for your average online player, would slow down the games, and may take some of the skill out of 'playing your best game' or could even potentially give an advantage to individuals who are used to multi-tabling all the time.Feel free to discuss this more.

I am game.Suggestion. Each tourney will give a $2200 package for 20 people at a cost of $115.5. Every1 sends dna4ever $110 of which will actually go to the $2200 package. You will need another $5.50 to register for the tourney. Any money won during the tourney you may keep. This way each tourney every1 will play their best because they will be in it for the package.So each tourney the 1st 20 people who sends dna4ever the $110 and register for the private tourney competes for the $2200 package deal.

I am game.Suggestion. Each tourney will give a $2200 package for 20 people at a cost of $115.5. Every1 sends dna4ever $110 of which will actually go to the $2200 package. You will need another $5.50 to register for the tourney. Any money won during the tourney you may keep. This way each tourney every1 will play their best because they will be in it for the package.So each tourney the 1st 20 people who sends dna4ever the $110 and register for the private tourney competes for the $2200 package deal.
if this is played over 10 tournaments you would need 5.50 x 10 for entries on top of the $110 which is $165 total funds needed.would only need $115.50 if you played just 1 tournament.

I am down for this!! Count me in...I do have a couple of suggestions though:1. Instead of paying out each of the 10 individual tournaments, have everyone ship their winnings back to DNA so he can then re-distribute the total prize pool based on your overall finish.Something like this:1st- 29.333337%2nd - 18.42352%3rd - 11.966666%4th - 8.487588%5th - 5.265333%6th thru 20th - 1.76666667%2. The winner of the package should really try and economize so that anything left from the $700 in travel expenses could then be re-distributed to the rest of the players, based on the above scale of course.

I am down for this!! Count me in...I do have a couple of suggestions though:1. Instead of paying out each of the 10 individual tournaments, have everyone ship their winnings back to DNA so he can then re-distribute the total prize pool based on your overall finish.Something like this:1st- 29.333337%2nd - 18.42352%3rd - 11.966666%4th - 8.487588%5th - 5.265333%6th thru 20th - 1.76666667%2. The winner of the package should really try and economize so that anything left from the $700 in travel expenses could then be re-distributed to the rest of the players, based on the above scale of course.
If this happens I do not want anyone to ship me anything outside of the original $110. It is a bit tedious and time consuming for me to keep up with who has shipped me what from each tournament. The simpler the better!The $700 is labeled as 'travel expenses'. As far as I am concerned none of that $700 goes to anyone else. If someone can travel for $300 then good for them on getting a great deal and they will have an additional $400 spending/gambling money. The $1500 seat winnings (assuming it happens) is all that would be expected to be redistributed.