Most of all when you're slowplaying a set which turns into a full house and your opponent is slowplaying AA..........http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/402439I should have bet half the pot on the turn imo, but at those stakes there's no way he would have folded a set of Aces, so....Hopefully, two hands later i won a nice pot :http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/402441

That hand's pretty bad as played - it's a cooler, no matter what, but...Raise OTF or the turn when you likely have the best handDon't turn your hand into a bluff on the river, check/fold as any 9 or ace beats youalso, no one's folding the 2nd nuts here, not at these stakes or wherever

That hand's pretty bad as played - it's a cooler, no matter what, but...Raise OTF or the turn when you likely have the best handDon't turn your hand into a bluff on the river, check/fold as any 9 or ace beats youalso, no one's folding the 2nd nuts here, not at these stakes or wherever
The funny thing is i think i saved some money. If i bet on the turn, he pay me. And if i bet on the river he pays too. I even think i'd have checked/called on the river. But yeah, next time i'll bet on the flop.

IMO, both these hands are played quite poorly.Hand 1 is a mandatory raise on the flop. It's a multiway pot, it is overwhelmingly likely that one of them has an ace, and no one will fold a pair of aces at this level on the flop. As played to the river, the river shove is seriously seriously bad. What worse hands are going to call you? Just check/call. Hand 2 - PF is fine, flop is questionable, turn is questionable. The only reason to call down is the implied odds you're getting if you hit the concealed straight. The problem is when you hit your concealed straight, you didn't get enough value for it. The .10 bet on the river from villain is so ridiculously weak that you have to act as if he checked. If pot is 0.94 and its checked to you on the river, are you only going to bet .30 holding the nuts? (That's how much you raised.) Make it .70 at least and get paid off by all two pair hands, and probably still top pair.

IMO, both these hands are played quite poorly.Hand 1 is a mandatory raise on the flop. It's a multiway pot, it is overwhelmingly likely that one of them has an ace, and no one will fold a pair of aces at this level on the flop. As played to the river, the river shove is seriously seriously bad. What worse hands are going to call you? Just check/call. Hand 2 - PF is fine, flop is questionable, turn is questionable. The only reason to call down is the implied odds you're getting if you hit the concealed straight. The problem is when you hit your concealed straight, you didn't get enough value for it. The .10 bet on the river from villain is so ridiculously weak that you have to act as if he checked. If pot is 0.94 and its checked to you on the river, are you only going to bet .30 holding the nuts? (That's how much you raised.) Make it .70 at least and get paid off by all two pair hands, and probably still top pair.
Ok, next time i'l ltry to remember it. Thanks.
Most of all when you're slowplaying a set which turns into a full house and your opponent is slowplaying AA..........http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/402439I should have bet half the pot on the turn imo, but at those stakes there's no way he would have folded a set of Aces, so....
I must be missing something here, he is ahead preflop and on the flop, on the turn the only hand that beats him is 99, why do you think he is folding on any street?
I must be missing something here, he is ahead preflop and on the flop, on the turn the only hand that beats him is 99, why do you think he is folding on any street?
Wow...man, you're right. I was out of my mind when i typed that. i've just realize he was ahead all the way long. But it doesn't change the fact that he was impossible (for me) to know he had pocket aces. The guy was a "loose passive" and he only shown me crappy hands for the last 60mn. At best i thought he had a set of A's while i had a full. I mean, you don't see four aces every day.
At best i thought he had a set of A's while i had a full. I mean, you don't see four aces every day.
Um ... Fyi, if they have a set and the board pairs, it means they're full.
  • 4 weeks later...
Slow playing has its place in poker, but you need to use it sparingly. Checking and calling are inherently weak compared to betting. A bet can win by making a person fold or by getting called and showing down the best hand. You don't want to be a player that checks and calls and only uses check raises as its offensive; that will make it very easy for your opponents to play against you. Make up most of your game by playing good old solid poker, then add some tricky plays in for variety.
Wrong. At these stakes every decision should be based on maximising value for the hand you are playing. The people you're playing barely even know what they're doing let alone what you are.