Play The Player.....not The Game

Full Tilt Poker Game #11521139601: $11 + $0.50 Heads Up Sit & Go (86514356), Table 1 - 15/30 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 12:42:37 ET - 2009/04/05Seat 1: vinsom77 (1,500)Seat 2: MaxStPolish (1,500)MaxStPolish posts the small blind of 15vinsom77 posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to MaxStPolish [6d 4c 5s 2c]MaxStPolish raises to 60vinsom77 calls 30*** FLOP *** [Qs 3s 8s]vinsom77 checksMaxStPolish bets 60vinsom77 raises to 120MaxStPolish calls 60*** TURN *** [Qs 3s 8s] [Ts]vinsom77 bets 120MaxStPolish raises to 420vinsom77 foldsUncalled bet of 300 returned to MaxStPolishMaxStPolish shows [6d 4c 5s 2c] Queen Ten highMaxStPolish wins the pot (600)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 600 | Rake 0Board: [Qs 3s 8s Ts]Seat 1: vinsom77 (big blind) folded on the TurnSeat 2: MaxStPolish (small blind) collected (600)

I bluffed a guy once, it was pretty crazy.
I guess just that this line will lose you a ton of money in the long run, and I'm already a VERY conservative HU player, so I was just very pleased with my read, because I take this line maybe .1% of the time and and to feelr really really sure about it. No bigs.
You need to bluff more.
I prolly do....but at the 11-22 PLO HU level, I win at a solid rate just playing a very conservative approach. I bluff sensibly....but that .1% is times I call a raise with fluff on the flop and then raise the turn.
I don't like showing your hand, the play becomes less effective once you show it, and especially if this isn't a line you normally take.
How do you figure? Except for the notion of never showing a hand voluntarily....wouldn't this be the exact type of situation you WOULD want to show. The point being it's a line I never take, so if I'm betting like this again, it's 99% I have the goods, so i want him to think about this prior hand and think about calling light.how does the play become LESS effective?
How do you figure? Except for the notion of never showing a hand voluntarily....wouldn't this be the exact type of situation you WOULD want to show. The point being it's a line I never take, so if I'm betting like this again, it's 99% I have the goods, so i want him to think about this prior hand and think about calling light.how does the play become LESS effective?
He is more likely to call you down now since he knows that you are capable of bluffing in these types of situations. It has both its drawbacks and its rewards. But I think you will be able to get away with more if you just mucked your hand, since this play is so out of character for you.