MP2 is 49/14/1.5 over 65 hands. SB is 34/3/2.3 over 35 hands. We flopped gin so do we like raising here or just flatting? Was trying to figure out if I wanted to play this fast or slow.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($123.30)CO ($35.40)Button ($48.90)SB ($85.40)BB ($126.30)UTG ($120.20)Hero (UTG+1) ($117.95)MP1 ($19.45)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9c.gif, 9h.gif1 fold, Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, MP2 calls $3.50, 2 folds, SB calls $3, 1 foldFlop: ($11.50) 9d.gif, 5d.gif, 5h.gif(3 players)SB bets $5, Hero?

Rodeo Clown....OrIt's player dependent on MP and SB, do you have any reads or thoughts on how they were playing besides the stats? I think that most times you flat trying to look like you are drawing with Axdd

Just flat. You're in position on SB, and might trap the other plays money behind you. If you raise, I wouldn't raise anything more than the minimum.Turn action is probably a bit more interesting.

Maybe this is a leak but I always raise the flop. Why are we slowplaying against two calling stations?
because on this board it's hard for them to have anything. They pretty much need a pocket pair or a FD to continue (if one has a 5 we'll find out). Would prefer to give them some cards to hit before we start raising.
Maybe this is a leak but I always raise the flop. Why are we slowplaying against two calling stations?
It is. You can always start to put money in on the turn, especially since you'll be in position against at least one player. You have the deck completely crushed and always want the player behind you to call too and catch something.
you didnt flop gin fyi
Yes he did. If someone has 55, then ohhhhhhhh wellllllll. This hand is still gin.
Ok I flatted and MP flatted right behind me.Pot $26.50 and the turn brings the Qd which completes any flush draw. SB leads for $6, I?
I make it 13.50 and pray one or the other already got to a flush or that both will call and improve.
It is. You can always start to put money in on the turn, especially since you'll be in position against at least one player. You have the deck completely crushed and always want the player behind you to call too and catch something.I make it 13.50 and pray one or the other already got to a flush or that both will call and improve.
Yes, sometimes I wonder what I'm doing at the table as I flatted instead hoping that the MP had hit his flush and would raise behind. Instead MP just called so we go to the river.Pot $44.50River is of course the Qs which puts 955QQ on the board.SB leads for $7, Do I just call or do I raise here? If I raise, am I calling a R/R?
Yes, sometimes I wonder what I'm doing at the table as I flatted instead hoping that the MP had hit his flush and would raise behind. Instead MP just called so we go to the river.Pot $44.50River is of course the Qs which puts 955QQ on the board.SB leads for $7, Do I just call or do I raise here? If I raise, am I calling a R/R?
What Q can he have really? This could be frustrated flush looking to get value from a stubborn 9 or overpair. Villain could easily have a 5 and think he's got lucky vs a flush.Your hand is so under-repped here I'd be happy to raise and get it all-in so I'm shoving over a r/r if given the opportunity.
I think that most times you flat
Just flat. You're in position on SB, and might trap the other plays money behind you. If you raise, I wouldn't raise anything more than the minimum.
I'm not a slow play guy, but man this is such a flat it spot.
I think we flat and try to keep everyone in for a couple reasons. We're dominating the board and any raise turns our hand face up as a 5. (I know what I just said), and it's killing our action. The second reason: if it's sure to be heads up, we might want to raise if the villain is very aggressive, so that we can get it all in by the river. However, the pot-building effect of a third villain in this hand is going to make that easier, AND we are more likely to have at least one villain find a hand and get it in with us if we don't chase him out.
Ok I flatted and MP flatted right behind me.Pot $26.50 and the turn brings the Qd which completes any flush draw. SB leads for $6, I?
Min raise here. Chances are good there's a flush out there with three in, and he's not folding to a min raise.
Because they'll call us all the way down and since the pot is three ways, it will build faster and they won't be able to fold a +/- PSB on the river, which will get it all in.
We're raising here every time and getting it in. Most of what's in this hand is flush draws, other random pockets, and fives. None are folding. If there is an inexplicable Q here, we take our medicine. But we don't leave the value of our nines full sitting in their stacks because two Qs showed up.
SB has bet every street out-of-position, so I really doubt that queen helped him. I'm putting him on either something like A/5, or a donked up overpair. It's almost certain that you've got him beat. If he was the only player you were against, I would say stick in a mini re-raise, which should incite a call from a lower boat.However, since there are 2 players in the hand, MP has flat-called twice, and he seems to be quite loose, you have to be genuinely worried about him. Because you didn't stick in a raise on either of the two earlier streets, you have almost no info on him. Him having a queen seems like a genuine possibility, since a loose player often calls with nothing but overcards on a low board. And if he did hit the queen, that would certainly justify his call on the turn. He could also have a flush, although I think he probably would have raised the turn with it. Or maybe he's the one with the trip 5's. You just don't know.With that in mind, I think you have 2 legitimate options: either flat call, or stick in a minimum raise. Here is why both are viable, and how you should respond to the action in each:1. Flat call - this will entice MP to call as well, maybe even with just a flush or a pocket pair, and if he does just call, it's a virtual guarantee that you've got both of them beat, and you take down a nice pot. If he raises, you can assume that you're probably beat, but should still call if the bet's small enough.2. Minimum raise - this would be viewed an odd play, but it should still be small to potentially entice an A/5 or an overpair to call you because they'll be curious. This will also give you 100% assurance that you're beat if someone re-raises you. If they do, drop it and don't think twice.DON'T: stick in a medium or big raise. You won't get any more information from a bigger raise, and nobody's folding a hand that's better than yours to this bet, so all you'll be doing is throwing more money away if someone has the queen. Also, while a 5 or a flush or an overpair might call your mini-raise, they'll drop in an instant to a bigger one in this situation.Now, with all of that said, you definitely should have raised on the turn. I can understand slow-playing the flop, but the turn is like a perfect card for you. So definitely raise. Almost every hand that could get there just got there, and you're getting called with a ton of hands that are basically drawing dead. Everything from flushes to trip 5's to a pair of queens will call you there, given the players' VPIP's. Bet it!

i definitely just call on the flop. perfect spot for it.

i'd flat again. reads like 2 pair or a draw.hopefully he bets again on the river and that's where i shove.
We're raising here every time and getting it in. Most of what's in this hand is flush draws, other random pockets, and fives. None are folding. If there is an inexplicable Q here, we take our medicine. But we don't leave the value of our nines full sitting in their stacks because two Qs showed up.
I think the most interesting and tough part about the river is what to raise so that we make the most money. I vote for $30 to go.

I think the flop is a mixture of flats and min raises (calls for the reasons stated, min raise for the fact that MP isn't folding a FD to a minraise and SB probably isn't folding any thing to a min raise).On the turn you must raise. If you just call and MP2 just calls (as he did) its way too hard to get all over MP2's stack (which covers you) if he has a 5 or a FD. it doesn't need to be a normal 'Im playing against good players' raise, just a raise, could be in the ball park of 20 or so. SOmething around a 3x bet raise. You have a full house, you're not really worried about anyone having a queen or a 5, so you don't really need to deny them odds to draw, but you do need to build up the pot. I think you know all of this, having played with you a lot, but we all get a little wonky at the tables from time to time.I think you probably know me well enough, on the other hand, to know that I just call this river and whine and bitch and moan and cuss when someone has like Q2os. :club: As for a real answer, I don't think anyone has a 5, because passive fish usually spam the bet pot button when they have a 5 in this situation thinkin 'LOL I HAVE THE NUTS I GOTZ TO BET POT AND SCARE PEOPLE OUT' etc... So if you raise, I don't think you're getting called by any reasonable hand here (a flush would almost certainly have to fold to any reasonable raise here). I guess your best chance is to get called by someone with an ace that thinks its a lol split, which may happen. I like fish. I dunno. You still gotta raise the turn.

I just called the river like the biggest idiot and MP called right behind me so I obviously won the pot.In the spirit of Cobalt's thread and to punish myself for playing the hand so badly, I'm going to give $10 ($20 total) if you can guess the hands of SB or MP. If you're picking unpaired hands, list if they are suited or not. So one post per guesser and you can guess for both SB and MP.The transfer will be done on Pokerstars so you'll need a PS ID if you win.

*rolls the dice*SB = JdTdMP = 77
No
Hmm I was thinking something similar to trystero so Ill say SB has AdTdMP has 88
NoTo speed this up, I'm going to allow one guess per day until someone gets the two hands. I had a winning session last night so obviously this has to be good karma for me.

SB - A5MP - KJdd