2009 Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Vin's story about Willie Mays diving on gravel, while Hunter was on the ground. Sounded like he was calling him soft.
Lol ya that was amusing, as was the bird divebombing Hunter when he was on the ground.Pretty blah 6th inning, would be a shame to lose a game you had a 4-0 lead with Bills on the mound at home.

Billingsley didn't pitch well at all today and I'm really disgusted by our lack of offense since Manny got suspended. This is a very pedestrian team that's been getting lucky.

Nice to get rid of the Angels and go back to beating up on the hapless NL West. Dodgers 15 Rockies 6.

Nice to get rid of the Angels and go back to beating up on the hapless NL West. Dodgers 16 Rockies 6.
FYPThe Dodgers ran extremely well in that game though; every groundball got through, every blooper dropped, etc etc. And we obviously can't overlook how bad the Rockies are. My brother asked me if I knew why Furcal sat and my immediate answer was ' Because he sucks.', lol. Go Juan Castro, at least I know he will have professional abs (aka not swingins as hard as he can and falling down as he hits a weak ground ball to 2nd) and is able to get the ball out of his glove cleanly. Good job Eric Stults, staked with a 7-0 lead in the 4th he couldn't get through 5 to get the win.
Lol ya that was amusing, as was the bird divebombing Hunter when he was on the ground.Pretty blah 6th inning, would be a shame to lose a game you had a 4-0 lead with Bills on the mound at home.
wait what? lol. does anyone have video of this?

Did anyone mention Casey Blake douchebaggery a few weeks ago when he mimicked brian wilson's celebration after he gets a save? I wish the giants would play the dodgers soon so that he can see what a 98 mph fastball feels like. Too bad we dont play for at least a month....stupid schedule makers.Discuss.

Did anyone mention Casey Blake douchebaggery a few weeks ago when he mimicked brian wilson's celebration after he gets a save? I wish the giants would play the dodgers soon so that he can see what a 98 mph fastball feels like. Too bad we dont play for at least a month....stupid schedule makers.Discuss.
I don't even know where to begin with this.First of all, why is it that pitchers get to celebrate like little leaguers after a strike out or a save (i.e. K-rod, Wilson), but a batter has to run around the bases with his head down after a home run like his dog just died or else he gets beaned his next at bat? Double meet standard.Second of all, you wanna talk d-bag? Brian Wilson is the epitome of a d-bag. Did you watch "Life of Brian?" or whatever the hell it was called on comcast bay area? Are you freakin kidding me? If you can find it on youtube, please watch it and then come back and tell me who the real d-bag is. This dude tries waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard to be "edgy" but just comes across as the ultimate bag. And don't even get me started on his "arm crossing tribute to his father and his faith rip off of an MMA gesture. I'm a Christian and I thought it was kind of a cool gesture, until I found out that it's an MMA thing...seriously wtf?!?!?! Just go out there and pitch, let your pitching do the talking and leave the antics at home.Fwiw, I don't think Wilson will hit Blake the next time they face each other. As douchey as I think Wilson is, I also think he is above the bean ball for something as harmless as this.
I don't even know where to begin with this.First of all, why is it that pitchers get to celebrate like little leaguers after a strike out or a save (i.e. K-rod, Wilson), but a batter has to run around the bases with his head down after a home run like his dog just died or else he gets beaned his next at bat? Double meet standard.Second of all, you wanna talk d-bag? Brian Wilson is the epitome of a d-bag. Did you watch "Life of Brian?" or whatever the hell it was called on comcast bay area? Are you freakin kidding me? If you can find it on youtube, please watch it and then come back and tell me who the real d-bag is. This dude tries waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard to be "edgy" but just comes across as the ultimate bag. And don't even get me started on his "arm crossing tribute to his father and his faith rip off of an MMA gesture. I'm a Christian and I thought it was kind of a cool gesture, until I found out that it's an MMA thing...seriously wtf?!?!?! Just go out there and pitch, let your pitching do the talking and leave the antics at home.Fwiw, I don't think Wilson will hit Blake the next time they face each other. As douchey as I think Wilson is, I also think he is above the bean ball for something as harmless as this.
Wow, so all this ^. Sportsmack is one of my new favorite posters now I think, just because he has Wilson read perfectly.LOOOOOOL at him getting upset with Blake. He makes that sign every time he gets a save (not often lately) and gets upset when someone mocks him? Blake had no clue that Wilson somehow relates that sign to his father and his faith, so /Wilson shouldn't be shocked when a hitter took exception to it. On the surface, unless you are a Giants player or a diehard fan (my sympathies) you would have no clue what his little act was about.I never really cared either way for Wilson (although I've never been overly impressed) but since the Blake thing, I have delighted in watching him struggle. I might enjoy watching him f up more then I have watching the Dodgers win a game. I know it makes me a bad person for enjoying someone else struggle, but I don't care. The article about Wilson being upset about Blake mocking his sign elevated Wilson to the player I enjoy watching fail the most. I can only hope he stays with the Giants so I can continue to laugh at him.
Wow, so all this ^. Sportsmack is one of my new favorite posters now I think, just because he has Wilson read perfectly.LOOOOOOL at him getting upset with Blake. He makes that sign every time he gets a save (not often lately) and gets upset when someone mocks him? Blake had no clue that Wilson somehow relates that sign to his father and his faith, so /Wilson shouldn't be shocked when a hitter took exception to it. On the surface, unless you are a Giants player or a diehard fan (my sympathies) you would have no clue what his little act was about.I never really cared either way for Wilson (although I've never been overly impressed) but since the Blake thing, I have delighted in watching him struggle. I might enjoy watching him f up more then I have watching the Dodgers win a game. I know it makes me a bad person for enjoying someone else struggle, but I don't care. The article about Wilson being upset about Blake mocking his sign elevated Wilson to the player I enjoy watching fail the most. I can only hope he stays with the Giants so I can continue to laugh at him.
Both of these. Wilson is a giant douche hiding behind is "faith"
Just stop. Please stop.

Thanks for the input, I just wanted to see what dodger fans thought about the incident - ill try to check out the comcast special about wilson. I'm kind of glad it happened because I think it could bring some "edge" the next time they play which should make it even more interesting. Nothing better than a Giants-Dodgers series when everyone is pissed :club:

Second of all, you wanna talk d-bag? Brian Wilson is the epitome of a d-bag. Did you watch "Life of Brian?" or whatever the hell it was called on comcast bay area? Are you freakin kidding me? If you can find it on youtube, please watch it and then come back and tell me who the real d-bag is.
Life of BrianSo this is the "Life of Brian" show that they aired here on Comcast sports Bay Area. Check out the clip entitled "Starving," it's pretty damn hilarious. It's so awkward that I almost feel sorry for the guy...almost.
Went to the Dodgers game tonight. What an awesome finish!
Nice, gf and I commented after the game that it would have been a fun one to go to!Considering how Ethier has been hitting, that was not the ending I imagined.
Nice, gf and I commented after the game that it would have been a fun one to go to!Considering how Ethier has been hitting, that was not the ending I imagined.
Ethier does it again!!

Joe Torre's lineups ****ing baffle me. Half the time Martin (with a grand total of 0 homers) is batting cleanup. Matt Kemp (arguably the best overall threat on the team) virtually never hits higher than 7th and tonight is hitting 8th behind Rafael ****ing Furcal and his .240 batting average. I mean it's working, but this makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.

Joe Torre's lineups ****ing baffle me. Half the time Martin (with a grand total of 0 homers) is batting cleanup. Matt Kemp (arguably the best overall threat on the team) virtually never hits higher than 7th and tonight is hitting 8th behind Rafael ****ing Furcal and his .240 batting average. I mean it's working, but this makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.
Didn't work last night.
Didn't work last night.
Shut up Giants fan. 5 West Coast championships to 0. Don't forget 2002.
Shut up Giants fan. 5 West Coast championships to 0. Don't forget 2002.
I was just simply making an observation. 2002, ouch, don't bring that up. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the Dodgers just kept on trucking and now they have Manny back. Back a few years ago, I thought that LA made a big mistake in letting DePodesta go and then they turned over the team to Good ol Ned who I thought would eventually bury the Dodgers.Well, Ned's a hero and it sure looks like the Dodgers made the right move back then (signing Juan Pierre was obviously a master stroke that I did not envision). I wonder if DePodesta was just the victim of bad timing and Ned good timing? How much of the current team's record is due to Paul vs Ned? Has Torre made that much of a difference? Just wondering what Dodgers fans thought.