I Srcewed Up Big Time.

I just played a tournament. The buy-in was $1.10, there was 4500+ players and the price pool was about $4500.I played well until this hand. I don't know why i played it like that. I didn't lose all my chips on this hand but it was the beginning of the end. I finished 28th out of 4500 and won $8.15 (first place was paid like $500).I think i should have raised more pre flop and on the flop. Discuss.http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/398579At least, until now, i'm still a winning player...

PF raise is fine...you could have bet more on the flop, but at these stakes is villian folding the NF draw? Call on the river is suspect, what exactly are you beating here? A fold leaves you with 91K with blinds at 3500/7000, plenty of room to find a better spot.

PF raise is fine...you could have bet more on the flop, but at these stakes is villian folding the NF draw? Call on the river is suspect, what exactly are you beating here? A fold leaves you with 91K with blinds at 3500/7000, plenty of room to find a better spot.
Well, in fact he was a good player and i thought he was chasing his flush agaisnt the odds. But that was not the case. I checked on the river and when he betted i thought "Wtf? he can't have a flush he's bluffing!"
You can't call that river ever, even if you think it's a bluff. The rest of the hand was not so bad, you were just unlucky that the king was a club
you might also want to raise 2.2x or 2.5x the blinds here preflop.....at these blind levels a raise of 15k or 17k tells us exactly the same thing as a 21k raise, with the added advantage of making the c-bet cheaper.
you might also want to raise 2.2x or 2.5x the blinds here preflop.....at these blind levels a raise of 15k or 17k tells us exactly the same thing as a 21k raise, with the added advantage of making the c-bet cheaper.
I agree in the late stages i think you can start raising 2x- 2.5x the BB and get the same info and it does make the c-bet less costly. Personally i would check a flop this coordinated out of position. On the turn you hit your top pair, but also completes the flush. I would have checked the flop and probably took a stab at the pot on the turn. betting about 1/3 the pot, which would have been smaller in size do to pot control. On river i'm check folding this 99% of the time unless i have some sick read on my opponent.
I agree in the late stages i think you can start raising 2x- 2.5x the BB and get the same info and it does make the c-bet less costly. Personally i would check a flop this coordinated out of position. On the turn you hit your top pair, but also completes the flush. I would have checked the flop and probably took a stab at the pot on the turn. betting about 1/3 the pot, which would have been smaller in size do to pot control. On river i'm check folding this 99% of the time unless i have some sick read on my opponent.
Ok, thanks for the infos. And about the sick read, i thought i had it..lol!

I agree with Prodigy on this one. Pre-flop raise of 2 or 2.5 times works well. I would check after the flop. The flop came too dangerous with too many potential draws on it to bet like that out of position. He could have easily raised you all-in after the flop....which would have been an easy fold for you, but you would have just thrown away 35,000 in chips. I think check on the flop is better. And if he bets you can call, or just get away from the hand with minimal damage. I like the bet on the turn. And then must check-fold on the river. But 28th out of 4500 is pretty good, so good job on making it that far at least.