***///official 2009 Detroit Tigers Thread\\\***

Damn it.
Pfft. No worries. For now.Clearly he has a drinking problem. Hasn't had an effect on his numbers. The team has spent this off-season acting like this is the very last year of baseball and this is their one and only shot at winning a World Series (which I think they did a poor job of that but that is another post for another time). They will ignore this problem and have Cabby ready ASAP because they need his bat in the lineup and cross their fingers and hope some July evening he kills 3 people in Birmingham while driving drunk.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft. No worries. For now.Clearly he has a drinking problem. Hasn't had an effect on his numbers.
Wasn't he supposedly sober last year when he had his best season ever?
They will...cross their fingers and hope some July evening he kills 3 people in Birmingham while driving drunk.
Weird thing to hope for.
Wasn't he supposedly sober last year when he had his best season ever?Weird thing to hope for.
I don't really believe he was sober last season and had a small case of falling off the wagon last week. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. We were made to believe that the incident the season before, where he was picked up at the drunk tank after drinking with the Sox players during a pennant chase and then back home to beat his wife, was just a "bad day". But now after this other "bad day" we are hearing more and more reports like that Lebatard (I know I spelled it wrong) guy saying that at 20 he came in for a ESPN mag shoot and was so drunk that people were scared of him. He seems to have had more than one or two "bad days". But I mean, should drinking really cause him not to play well. I am sure there are tons of great ball players who were drunk daily and played well. Just nowadays it is taken much more seriously. As to the last comment, I obviously missed a word there, like "doesn't".Brain tumor, I can't help it.
  • 7 months later...
MIguel Cabrera on hitting.One of the things this article mentions is that he'll purposely make himself look bad on a certain pitch in order to get the pitcher to throw it again so he'll hammer it. I think if I was a hitter who didn't have that ability, I would still try to get the word out that I do. Get the pitcher thinking, "Oh wow, he looked ridiculous; I mean he looked so bad he must be setting me up. I won't throw that again."Edit: He doesn't say he does that, but people say that about him.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
and hopefully full of lots of losses (for the Tigers that is)
Oh people thought Cabbie/Vmart was tough. Now it's Cabbie/Fielder. Ouch. Cannot believe they did it. All the people have been saying there wasn't way we could get Fielder. Sure you canif you overpay. Weeee. This why having a elderly rich owner is sometimes good for a fan.