Micro Stakes : A Hand I Played And Enjoyed.

You more than double up didnt you? Is that not close to max value? - Though you probably wouldnt have got max value if that 3 hadnt hit. Villain probably thought he hit gin LOLTBH you played that hand pretty weird for a few reasons.1) DONT min-raise preflop, raise to .2-.3 at least to get max value.2) Why do you check that flop? to make it seem as though youve got AK?3) When you do get a guy to bet out on the turn, you min-raise him again. Why? Raise bigger. Remember, guys at these stakes will call you with any pair, any draw, so when you have a hand like QQ, you need to raise bigger than a min-raise.This isnt supposed to be an insulting post, im just offering advice. :club:

Honestly at 1cent 2 cent i am simply amazed the third guy laid his hand down
LOL...you're right. Playing micro stakes is boring. But my bankroll is only about 47$-48$ right now and i want to have about 25 buy-in before playing higher stakes. So i need $100. Looks like it's going to take my ages to do it....
You more than double up didnt you? Is that not close to max value? - Though you probably wouldnt have got max value if that 3 hadnt hit. Villain probably thought he hit gin LOLTBH you played that hand pretty weird for a few reasons.1) DONT min-raise preflop, raise to .2-.3 at least to get max value.2) Why do you check that flop? to make it seem as though youve got AK?3) When you do get a guy to bet out on the turn, you min-raise him again. Why? Raise bigger. Remember, guys at these stakes will call you with any pair, any draw, so when you have a hand like QQ, you need to raise bigger than a min-raise.This isnt supposed to be an insulting post, im just offering advice. :club:
Thank. no problem, advices are welcome.1) i didn't mini raise : i post 0.03 because i was "sitting out" the hand before. First player raised to 0.08 and i reraised at 0.16.2)No. Just cause i don't want people to know i flopped a big hand. Imo they would have folded thinking i had the last 8 or a big pair.3) Once again, because i don't want him to fold. I want to be paid.But yeah i should have reraised more on the turn.

Ok, i meant your raise from .08-.16 wasn't that big, i would have raised to 0.2-0.3I dunno, im just not a fan of small/min raises. In my eyes it doesnt extract max value, sure it keeps your opponent in, but you dont have very much to show for it.The check on the flop and then min raise on 4th street looks very strong to me. Most semi decent players would notice this.All in all, at these stakes, simple poker is the best. Raise/Bet every street. Like i said before, these guys will call you with any hand. You must exploit this.

Ok, i meant your raise from .08-.16 wasn't that big, i would have raised to 0.2-0.3I dunno, im just not a fan of small/min raises. In my eyes it doesnt extract max value, sure it keeps your opponent in, but you dont have very much to show for it.The check on the flop and then min raise on 4th street looks very strong to me. Most semi decent players would notice this.All in all, at these stakes, simple poker is the best. Raise/Bet every street. Like i said before, these guys will call you with any hand. You must exploit this.
ok, thanks.
Honestly at 1cent 2 cent i am simply amazed the third guy laid his hand down
It's funny cause it's true.
How could i've gained more money from this hand? I must say that i didn't have any read on my opponent except he played way too much hands before this one :http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/394003
Without trying to come across as an *******, you could have remembered that you were playing no limit instead of limit.You have an early position raiser, which means he has a strong hand and will call more than a minimum re-raise. (You should never ever ever ever ever do this, by the way.) The fact that someone else called before you means you should be raising this to like .32-.38 or so, I guarantee you'll still get callers. Check through on the flop is fine.Again, don't min-raise the turn. This is a standard blocking bet from villain here, betting .10 into a .75 pot - he basically doesn't want you to raise because his hand isn't that strong. You basically need to pretend like he checked here - would you have only bet .20 if it were checked to you? I doubt it - bet like .55 or so. River obv plays itself.
Without trying to come across as an *******, you could have remembered that you were playing no limit instead of limit.You have an early position raiser, which means he has a strong hand and will call more than a minimum re-raise. (You should never ever ever ever ever do this, by the way.) The fact that someone else called before you means you should be raising this to like .32-.38 or so, I guarantee you'll still get callers. Check through on the flop is fine.Again, don't min-raise the turn. This is a standard blocking bet from villain here, betting .10 into a .75 pot - he basically doesn't want you to raise because his hand isn't that strong. You basically need to pretend like he checked here - would you have only bet .20 if it were checked to you? I doubt it - bet like .55 or so. River obv plays itself.
ok, thanks guys, i'll follow your advices. No more mini-raise..lol.

Some things nobody has mentioned:You should be sitting at least 100 times the big blind deep at all times. Let's say you had been sitting on $2. That's an extra 50 cents you would have won that you're just throwing away because you're not sitting with enough money. If you have at least $100 in your account, you should just buy in for the maximum. Also, it's a good idea to turn the pokerstars "auto rebuy" on.Preflop:I'd make a much bigger raise here, around $0.38. This would be raising pot.Flop:Bet the flop. I'd bet around $0.50. You are going to get called by people holding any two broadways because they think if they hit a pair their hand will be good. I'd even bet this flop with AK and expect to get called by worse hands. You'll also get people to call with any pocket pair and give them the opportunity to check raise you. Also, you're going to feel pretty stupid if an Ace or King rolls off on the turn.Turn: You're raising much too small. If it wasn't for your opponent giving you help, I doubt you'd have gotten your stack in by the river. That should always be your goal in situations where you have a strong hand. A good guide line is 3x the last action + what's in the pot. There's $0.65 already in the pot and he bets $0.10, so I'd raise about $0.95 on the turn.

Some things nobody has mentioned:You should be sitting at least 100 times the big blind deep at all times. Let's say you had been sitting on $2. That's an extra 50 cents you would have won that you're just throwing away because you're not sitting with enough money. If you have at least $100 in your account, you should just buy in for the maximum. Also, it's a good idea to turn the pokerstars "auto rebuy" on.
i had 100 BB. I came with $2 and the BB was at 0.02$.