On The Bubble Very Deep, I Play So Bad

From my quoted text you will see I'm more interested in your comment about shoving against any other raiser at the table with J8. Like I said, I don't mind speculation...but shoving into a small stack raiser with a crappy hand isn't speculation. Seems like you are looking for spots to give your shiny new chips away.As for against the other big stack: You weren't in the blinds, so you had nothing invested. He wasn't stealing your blind...but you certainly gave him something to steal. 90% of the flops that you are about to see aren't going to do you a bit of good...and in several instances may actually get you in a lot of trouble. The 8% of the time you "flop big" with J8 may or may not payoff. Is he really gonna pay you off with a pair or flush on the board? Like I said, I dont mind speculation. You hit your 5%'er. Don't be mad when he hits his.
meh, one player was close to me in chips the guy i battled with, the other closest had 3,000 and after that around <1,200 was where they satagainst anyone of the smaller stack i'm more than happy to race with, unless they have QQ or better i'm not much more than 40/60 therei really can believe you guys are so against the call to see a flop?
No, you just raised. Its not a 3bet or 4bet.
oh, okay, i get it nowi meant i raise him 3 times his bet
So you're at the 50/100 and you have 25k. Assuming stacks started at 3k which it appears, you have double 3-4 times in under 45 minutes. You are either being dealt a lot of great starting hands, or you have been playing ATC, being hyper aggressive, and running good. You don't give him much credit...but I'm guessing he doesn't give you much credit either. As for him thinking he could push you off...that's silly. He never reraised, so he assumes that he has the best hand and that you are trying to push him off his hand with a str8 draw or something like that. His turn call looks terrible from our vantage point because we can see your cards and know that you have close to the nuts...but look at it from his view: You've been aggressive throughout the hand and the board has just paired...you immediately shove. He's thinking, ok, if he just hit trips, boat, top and bottom, or an overpair, why would he shove...wouldn't he bet for value? He must be on a draw and is trying to steal this from me. Your shove doesn't look strong...it looks weak. (Which is good considering our holdings as it prompted a call.) It's definately a hero call on his part, but can be justified if he's reading you as a maniac.I am likely giving him too much credit, but I don't think you are giving him enough either.
Starting chips were 1,500 so i had more than doubled up a couple times, and yes i had some good cards and some good flopsOnce I got above 10,000 I would see almost every flop that wasn't raise up too much with reasonable holdings, suited, doubled gapers, ace rag you name it, it was cheap enough, i could exert pressure post flop on a lot of different board, sometime with good hands, sometimes with nothing in position, it so happens that everytime someone did call my all in on them, or i called them, i had a great hand, that said, i don't think i was caught speeding once, player B sucked out on me twice already to stay alive, he knows i bet strong hands3 times the blind sure I call that in postion, if either of the SS push in teh SB or BB he is going to have to call before me and I can make a decision theremy raise on the flop says two things, either i have a draw, the nuts, top pair, or airsince i hadn't gotten involved with him before with nothing, one could assume I had a strong draw, the flopped nuts (that straight doesn't improve for me so I should bet it) or at least top pairhe bet the pot on the turn, me putting him all in wasn't for much more that another 50% of his bet, he called because he was pot commited at that time, no other reason, he had no idea what I had, none at ll, he just decided to run full blast at the pot no matter what, you are way over reading what my small reraise on the turn meant to him

Um, so this last post raises more questions. I realize you had a monster chip lead, but what was your minimum requirements for calling raises at this point? Just because you have chips doesn't mean it's time to spew.

i don't see the problem here,
why do you ask if you are not willing to take people's advise?and why are you butting heads with the 1 other big stack at the table, bully the small stacks.J8 is not good, even if: BUT IT WAS SOOTED!!!!!!!!!!! :club:
Um, so this last post raises more questions. I realize you had a monster chip lead, but what was your minimum requirements for calling raises at this point? Just because you have chips doesn't mean it's time to spew.
depends on the amount on the rasie and from whoa guy with $900 left who rasies to $300 is probably going to ship any flop, so I am not calling with 92osbut if a guy has 1600 and rasies to $200, i will call him with any pair, Axs, one and two gappers depending on how they have played, tighter players i would wouldn't want overlap, so i'm not as crazy about QJ and KJ but would go the other way with T8 and 68 hoping to hit the opposite of their handdo you guys really think calling off 350 when you have 25,000+ is spewing? it was just over a standard raise from a maniac and I have position
why do you ask if you are not willing to take people's advise?and why are you butting heads with the 1 other big stack at the table, bully the small stacks.J8 is not good, even if: BUT IT WAS SOOTED!!!!!!!!!!! :club:
not to put too fine a point on it, but i didn't really ask for help on that hand, that hand i knew 99% i had the best of it when all the money was in the middle, but since it has been brought up i'm trying to understand what the problem is with itsure it's not a premium hand, i never said it was, but i chanced a call with a hand that could really do damage and it did, the river just did morei'm butting heads with the big stack because he is bullying the table now and taking chips, for every blind and pot he steals he gets closer to being the big stack and that doesn't make things good for me, he has already shown the willingness to call all ins with K5i'm 4-1 against AA there if he happened to wake up with a real hand, implied odds against this type of player in position would seem to make this call alrightwould i do it all night long? no thats spewingbut if i raised him up to say $1000 he would call, and will push most flops so I have to hit that flop hard or i am losing those chipstrapping seemed a way better route than racing
You seem to be missing the fact that a big stack means you can forego playing marginal hands, especially against the next biggest stack.
i see that point and normally i do agreethe longer i left this guy though the bigger and more dangerous he was going to be, some speculation where it wasnt too expensive wasn't that bad of a play imo
You seem to be missing the fact that a big stack means you can forego playing marginal hands, especially against the next biggest stack.
i took what you said to hearti made a couple big lay downs tonight on hands that i was 90% were bluffs but would have really cost me if i was wrongi did watch what are where i called from more and made people come to me instead i try and gauge my play on whether or not i have to suck out, if i have a 90% advatage when it comes to the river i'm playing right imo, suck outs happen and i think thats really all i can doi was top 20 in chips as we started to approach the tightning for the bubble and again had the massive chip leader on my left but decided to just play solidi had trip aces once and the guy sucked out on me and hit his set to maake a boat on the river which cost me 20% of my stack, but other than that i maintained my level with a blind or two per rotation and just looked to make moves with good handsenter KK, raise against a limper and everyone else folds, he has about 50% the chips I dohe calls, flop comes AK4, I lead for a weak bet, he pushes and I call, he turns over A2, now i can cruise to the money if i need toI keep it tight and just look for spots55 limp, flop comes K55, bet and I make a small raise against a stack almost the same as mecall, turn is a 3check and i checkriver is a Qhe checks and i pushhe pauses, gets an extension and calls at the last second with K3i double up to 5th in chips and cruise in from there