Hand Discussion March 29th

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think like 8-10bbs + is when id shove instead of fold...absolutely no math to this though, im just going off of what i feel is bestedit: id prob limp/setmine with 4-7 bbs tho
One of the big fears with shoving while so short in the original example is that we are often getting into a multiway pot as we have very little fold equity. At what point does the ability to likely get the pot HU play more of a role? To me it seems when we get up to that 6-7BB range then very often we will be heads up whereas by limp/set mining we and manage to get it in postflop we will sometimes be up against against draws that have more equity against us than just getting it aipf heads up.

To add to the strat talk. What is the likelyhood that this would be a multi-way pot anyway? When I mean multi-way, I mean more than 2 other people in the hand. I think there is a good chance that this could be just a HU hand with someone iso'ing. Still, with only a triple up and then rebuying only gives us a very little bit of wiggle room if we triple up and then re-buy.

One of the big fears with shoving while so short in the original example is that we are often getting into a multiway pot as we have very little fold equity. At what point does the ability to likely get the pot HU play more of a role? To me it seems when we get up to that 6-7BB range then very often we will be heads up whereas by limp/set mining we and manage to get it in postflop we will sometimes be up against against draws that have more equity against us than just getting it aipf heads up.
lol i was kidding about the limp/setmine, but ya 6-7bbs seems fine
Y not LIMP and follow these rules.1) any raise and call by more than 1 player and u muck to the RR. any raise and its back to you vs 1 opponent, you play.2) if it goes limp and you dont flop a safe near monster, (trips, nut flush draw, 222 flop etc), fold the flop to any bet with more than one player involved.3) the ideal situation is to limp, get 1person to make a large raise, perhaps even allin, then call only 1person, with also maybe some dead money from other limpers/raisers/blindsif you follow these rules you should either have 90chips going to the rebuy or a decent chance at 300-700
bump