Settle An Argument

What should korjae do?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should korjae do?

• fold
    • limp
    • raise

Ok settle an argument. This is as much I know about the hand:Satty where top 6 get seat, this is with 16 people left. 5 handed with one sitting out. What is Korjaes play, simply fold, limp, or raise? Also what is the worst of the three options.Full Tilt Poker Game #11389097993: Satellite to MiniFTOPS #12 (85368192), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:51:34 ET - 2009/03/28Seat 2: wizfromoz (1,435)Seat 3: CrocopUFC84 (5,000)Seat 4: anbo (185), is sitting outSeat 5: korjae (5,970)Seat 6: McKeen88 (7,010)wizfromoz posts the small blind of 80CrocopUFC84 posts the big blind of 160The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***anbo foldskorjae [Ac8c]Thanks

fold is worst. no huge difference btw 3x raise and limp, as long as you know how to use that image.

fold is worst. no huge difference btw 3x raise and limp, as long as you know how to use that image.
So know you're posting the opposite of what you mean kind of like a joke?Fold dude. The tables should be combined the next hand. Unless you posted the wrong amount of players left or it's a 6 handed satty. Fold>raise>limp
So know you're posting the opposite of what you mean kind of like a joke?Fold dude. The tables should be combined the next hand. Unless you posted the wrong amount of players left or it's a 6 handed satty. Fold>raise>limp
This is an exact HH from someone i know. It is indeed a 6 handed satty. Sorry I forgot to mention that
if your good enuff, why is playing a8sooted shorthanded that difficult a task?with 16slash15 left, you cant always count on folding your way into the seat. play this hand YO
if your good enuff, why is playing a8sooted shorthanded that difficult a task?with 16slash15 left, you cant always count on folding your way into the seat. play this hand YO
What does that have to do with anything. Nobody said anything about folding to the money. That's not even an option. Blinds at 90/180 means if you raise this and the SB shoves, you have to call. This isn't a good spot. SH is mostly about position and blind play. In a satty, you have to be aware of images, chip counts and blind levels. It's pretty simple and A8 sooted has huge reverse implied odds. It's just a bad hand in this situation kid. It's not even close.
. It's just a bad hand in this situation kid. It's not even close.
4handed. a8 sooted is bad? do you make all your decisions on , what if they reraise me allin, ? yeah u muck a8 most times if they do that, and thbey arent a wild MoFo. but how often are they repopping u ai unless your a maniac?newstome
4handed. a8 sooted is bad? do you make all your decisions on , what if they reraise me allin, ? yeah u muck a8 most times if they do that, and thbey arent a wild MoFo. but how often are they repopping u ai unless your a maniac?
yea, my explanation is poor but this is a fold.I expect some players to come in and say the same thing but with better language.
foldim trying to remove A rag from my bag of tricks but i dont play 6 handed so what do i know
its 4handed and 8 is nowhere near rag 4handed

i been following the poker tour for a decade now, and still havent seen the domination by the math dorks yet.it should have happend by now, right? bill chen is a math dork. he had one good year. nothing since.poker is more about the people , much less the cards. so many young kids on this and every other forum thinks its about the 1s and 0s like the ****ing matrix.

i been following the poker tour for a decade now, and still havent seen the domination by the math dorks yet.it should have happend by now, right? bill chen is a math dork. he had one good year. nothing since.poker is more about the people , much less the cards. so many young kids on this and every other forum thinks its about the 1s and 0s like the ****ing matrix.
Dwan seems to know the math pretty well and he might not have bracelets, but he's sure kicking some ass at HSP from what I can tell...
A fold is great. Bolded part is just bad. There is definitely a huge difference between raising and limping. fold > raise >>> limpLimping here shouldn't be an option
Oh, leveled. Nice, at least you've embraced your new role and are living up to the billing.

Fold is prolly best, as a guy the big stack is on the button, and a guy with about the same stack is in the blinds. Raising isn't terrible if you're decent post, but I would just fold and decide not to put myself in tough spots with a decent stack.

Limp is by far the worst option.You could consider raising 2.5x preflop (to 400). YOu will get just as many folds and if you get repopped by the SB it's a little easier to fold.Folding is prob still the best.

I usually throw in a 5x-6x raise in this spot. If I get reraised I usually flat call and outplay my opponent postflop
If SB/BB flats the 5x raise, and then leads flop for pot, I am usually raising for info.
If SB/BB flats the 5x raise, and then leads flop for pot, I am usually raising for info.
Smart move...this way if he shoves on you, you can always fold and find a better spot.