Wsop Satellites?

anyone know when they start running these on pokerstars?
Cake has started their WSOP satellites (I think) and if I remember from previous years, it should be around mid-April when Stars and Tilt fire up their satellites...I guess this is my round-about way of saying that I don't know... but I also expect it to be pretty soon -- possibly immediately after the SCOOP/FTOPS events.

The thing is Pokerstars can't actually offer you a direct satelite into the WSOP. Due to the gambling laws in the US they can only offer you a prize which is equivilent to a WSOP berth i.e. $10,000 cash plus some spending money. They do try to offer incentives to persaude the satelite winners to enter as a Pokerstars player (basically wearing the PS gear to the event). Such as free accomodation, shuttle buses, big additional payments if you make the final table. One of the problems with this is that last year the WSOP Steps got clogged up with High Rollers try to earn easy money against the weaker players who had battled through from Step 1 onwards. That being said I do seem to remember some FCPers getting through the Steps system (XXX Eddie ???) alas I was not one of them :club:

*World Series of Poker and WSOP are trademarks of Harrah's License Company, LLC ("Harrahs"). Harrah's does not sponsor or endorse, and is not associated or affiliated with Full Tilt Poker or its products, services, promotions or tournaments.This is the disclaimer on the Fult Tilt website so I would guess that you would need to register yourself.

Does Tilt give you money and expect you to register yourself?
I may be wrong, but I think after Bush/Frist/Goodlette made their clumsy attempt at implementing UIGEA the WSOP stopped accepting all third-party registrations. Once that small part of the Bush disaster is cleaned up, the WSOP could easily reverse that policy.